Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
vall
vall

Re: Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

Wow, looks like a big update!!! The last time they did that, it took a while until they unlocked the car potential. Well, not really unlock bit rather understand how to set up the car. Let see what will happen this time.

wrcsti
wrcsti

I looked but couldnt get info on this

What is it???

Pup
Pup

wrcsti wrote:What is it???
I believe that's testing apparel. I'd expect to see some flo-vis and pitot arrays tomorrow.
vall wrote:Wow, looks like a big update!!! The last time they did that, it took a while until they unlocked the car potential.
I think the only major change is the front wing. The rear wing is an update of their Monaco/Hungary wing, and the exhaust and diffuser are just tweaked a bit. Of course, it does all add up.

EAKMotorsports
EAKMotorsports

what beautiful car. wow. I want HD pics. now...hehe
*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * EAK

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

King Six
King Six

Seems like the new front wing with those funky cascades is there mainly to help the brake cooling out. It is a track that's harsh on the brakes so it would make sense.

Simpler diffuser, well it would seem practical too seeing as the bottom of the car takes a pounding on this track especially. We saw some bits flying off Senna's car when he bottomed out in a bad way.

Seems like some very track specific upgrades

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

King Six wrote:Seems like the new front wing with those funky cascades is there mainly to help the brake cooling out. It is a track that's harsh on the brakes so it would make sense.

Simpler diffuser, well it would seem practical too seeing as the bottom of the car takes a pounding on this track especially. We saw some bits flying off Senna's car when he bottomed out in a bad way.

Seems like some very track specific upgrades
I would imagine if they are really going all out to win this championship we might see track specific upgrades at all the last races, atleast while there is a really good chance at winning the championship.

Holm86

Non of the McLarens ran the new front wing in first practice. Perhaps because they didnt need the extra brake cooling because of the wet conditions??

Or are the just making a benchmark test with the normal wing before fitting the new one?

marcush.
marcush.

Holm86 wrote:Non of the McLarens ran the new front wing in first practice. Perhaps because they didnt need the extra brake cooling because of the wet conditions??

Or are the just making a benchmark test with the normal wing before fitting the new one?

you missed the last minutes.When both McLaren enetered the pits after FP1 both carried the new front wing!

gibells
gibells

From Mr Parker's pics, the front snorkel seems quite pronounced. Can anyone confirm that?

yzfr7
yzfr7

Pitot rake on the sidepod's turning vane. Measuring tyre's wake with new front wing.
pax

Holm86

marcush. wrote:
Holm86 wrote:Non of the McLarens ran the new front wing in first practice. Perhaps because they didnt need the extra brake cooling because of the wet conditions??

you missed the last minutes.When both McLaren enetered the pits after FP1 both carried the new front wing!

Yeah you are right didnt see the last minutes ... didnt know they ran the wing in the final minutes.

Just watching FP2 and there was a shoot from the front wing camera of one of the McLarens were you could hear the retarded ignition extremly well....

ell66
ell66

im not sure about jenson, but lewis ran the old front wing at the end of second practice.

marcush.
marcush.

absolutely sure that Button came in with the NEW Wing after FP1 ,Hamilton was only to be seen in the background but it looked like the new one as well to me...be a bit mellow with an ol man.

Phillyred
Phillyred

The attention to detail on these latest updates are quite "beautiful" from an engineering standpoint, but unfortunately as we know in F1- beauty doesn't always equal superior pace and podiums.. Just saying.. :)