Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
timbo
timbo

Re: Red Bull RB6

marcush. wrote:again :Camera mounted rgidly to the car ,which is per regs one solid no movements allowed.
You could do whatever you wnted with the car ,drop it from the eiffeltower As long as you look on the car from a point FIXED to the car there cannot be ANY movement
You are wrong.
Rigid is used not in the sense of "no movement at all" simply because there are explicit procedures that test whether the bodywork flexes. If it passes it means it is rigid. Full stop.

marcush.
marcush.

The rod holding the splitter now is now very slim ..and surely only able to work in tension.

in this shot you can see the angles of the wishbones (of the front 9 so an indication of antidive ...not much in there but also not zero..

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Yes the splitter is moving, but that's a tiny amount of movement and that's probably at the two extremes - low speed unloaded, and high speed full aero loading.

This looks like normal movement within the regulations. Yes it is true the regulations say zero movement, but the test is what decides whether it is legal or not, and this passes the test. I suspect if you got the same images of the McLaren or any other car you would find exactly the same.

The interesting thing here is the strange bobbles on the splitter, what are they doing?

autogyro
autogyro

Directing atention on the splitter and away from the area of development.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

The "bobbles" are there to stiffen it, don't ya think??

I have to say it really cracks me up to see all these guys show up on this board to complain about how the RB6 goes so fast, and the entire F1 garage keeps coming up with desperate ideas on how Red Bull could be "cheating" their way to speed .. so far we've had every speculation from ride height adjusters to blown diffusers, flexible wings, flexible floors, etc and none of them have been the magic bullet for speed.

Just, admit it guys .. the Red Bull team have an insurmountable technical edge for this year, and probably onward. An energy drink company has brought down the likes of Ferrari and McLaren at their own game! Now learn to deal with it ..

zgred

Intego

There is allowance of movement of millimetres both Splitter and front wing (where the camera is mounted). Ergo not a big deal.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

hollus

BreezyRacer wrote:The "bobbles" are there to stiffen it, don't ya think??

I have to say it really cracks me up to see all these guys show up on this board to complain about how the RB6 goes so fast, and the entire F1 garage keeps coming up with desperate ideas on how Red Bull could be "cheating" their way to speed .. so far we've had every speculation from ride height adjusters to blown diffusers, flexible wings, flexible floors, etc and none of them have been the magic bullet for speed.

Just, admit it guys .. the Red Bull team have an insurmountable technical edge for this year, and probably onward. An energy drink company has brought down the likes of Ferrari and McLaren at their own game! Now learn to deal with it ..
We are not here to complain, Breezy, but to discuss.
If they are cheating, I want to know how.
If they are more clever and simply made a faster car, I also want to know how.
Rivals, not enemies.

myurr
myurr

Well it looks like they have lost some of their pace due, presumably due to the new flexi wing and floor tests. So I guess they weren't "desperate ideas" after all.

Halgovern
Halgovern

BreezyRacer wrote:The "bobbles" are there to stiffen it, don't ya think??

insurmountable technical edge : more like 2 tenths to McLaren :D
“On the days when Hamilton’s insane alliance of guts, skill and derring-do appear capable of delivering the world it is easy to forget he is only 25, an age when it is all too common for boys to believe themselves men.”

ringo

myurr wrote:Well it looks like they have lost some of their pace due, presumably due to the new flexi wing and floor tests. So I guess they weren't "desperate ideas" after all.
I don't think they lost any pace at all.
Singapore is high downforce, but the turns are not fast and they don't flow.
We can wait on suzuka and compare to Hungary to see if the lost anything.

The Ferrari seems to be the strongest on slow tracks. Alonso's crash in Monaco hid the true capabilities of the Ferrari or how really close they were to red bull.
For Sure!!

myurr
myurr

ringo wrote:
myurr wrote:Well it looks like they have lost some of their pace due, presumably due to the new flexi wing and floor tests. So I guess they weren't "desperate ideas" after all.
I don't think they lost any pace at all.
Singapore is high downforce, but the turns are not fast and they don't flow.
We can wait on suzuka and compare to Hungary to see if the lost anything.

The Ferrari seems to be the strongest on slow tracks. Alonso's crash in Monaco hid the true capabilities of the Ferrari or how really close they were to red bull.
Everyone expected Spa to be a walk in the park for Red Bull, yet after the changes to their car to meet the new tests they had probably the third fastest car behind McLaren and Ferrari. Monza was always going to be the exception but everyone predicted another walk in the park in Singapore. Even throughout the practice sessions people were saying that this was going to be Hungary all over again but it just did not materialise when it mattered.

In Suzuka I expect McLaren and Ferrari to be right there with Red Bull. Both have been steadily improving their car, as have RB, but since Spa RB seem to have lost that invincible edge. All three cars are pretty level on performance right now, with the relative strengths of each making the balance shift slightly from track to track. I don't think we're going to see Red Bull totally dominate again this season.

marcush.
marcush.

I´m not as optimistic but .
Ferrari in the hands of Alonso is a s quick as Vettel/RBR6 as it looks.
Mclaren pair is a match for Webber in his I´m leading the championship and do not go for the last bit of risk mode.
REDB bull Superiority has evaporated with the last string of ruleenforcements and
Ferrari and Mclaren getting to grips with EBD and agressive overrunmaps andf catching up on frontwing design.
Maybe we see some advantage in Suzuka coming back but I think they now realise this will not be an easy task.

PlatinumZealot

Just to add.. this RedBull has no new upgrades on it. They did very well considering the track is a low G-force track. Isn't it scary what will happen in Suzuka? You might as well call it Silverstone II.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ell66
ell66

n smikle wrote:Just to add.. this RedBull has no new upgrades on it. They did very well considering the track is a low G-force track. Isn't it scary what will happen in Suzuka? You might as well call it Silverstone II.
it was clearly mentioned that they had a new front wing