Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Re: Red Bull RB6

Apparentlly Redbull had a new front wing again...

FrukostScones

marcush. wrote:again :Camera mounted rigidly to the car ,which is per regs one solid no movements allowed.
You could do whatever you wanted with the car ,drop it from the eiffeltower As long as you look on the car from a point FIXED to the car there cannot be ANY movement.Draw a line or a cross every point of the car will remain immobile relative to the reference line(s).
Of course there is the variable of the camera mount or lens moving and my impression is that we see exactly this in these shots.

Hello, I don't know what the fuss is all about. I've seen these camera shots live on TV. It was clearly to see that the car was pushed to the ground due to the aero load. The only time splitter moved was when the car ran over a curb. Then it flexed a tiny bit upwards. I also think the upward movement of the splitter is the crucial one, tested in the splitter-flexi-test.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

aral
aral

marcush. wrote:I´m not as optimistic but .
Ferrari in the hands of Alonso is a s quick as Vettel/RBR6 as it looks.
Mclaren pair is a match for Webber in his I´m leading the championship and do not go for the last bit of risk mode.
REDB bull Superiority has evaporated with the last string of ruleenforcements and
Ferrari and Mclaren getting to grips with EBD and agressive overrunmaps andf catching up on frontwing design.
Maybe we see some advantage in Suzuka coming back but I think they now realise this will not be an easy task.
I believe that Red Bull has still the upper hand. Alonso had to drive at his absolute max to fend off Vettel, whilst Vettel did not even break into a sweat. I reckon that he could have passed Alonso, but the peculiar wing twisting when coming out of another car's slipstream, made Vettel wary of a pass, or he might even have been warned by Horner. It was clear to see that Vettel could back off when there was a brake query, yet when this was cleared, he immediatedly pulled back on to Alonsos gearbox. Just prudence, this time.

segedunum
segedunum

The problem for Red Bull is that their lack of prowess in a straight line is now becoming more apparent. They still seemed to have the downforce at Singapore and was arguably faster than the Ferrari, but once make any mistake and you're behind you stay behind.

It reminds me a little of Hockenheim. RB were still fast but Ferrari looked as if they'd caught up. We then got to Hungary and suddenly RB were a second a lap faster. I would expect the car to be ahead at Suzuka, but Korea (if it happens) and Brazil will probably see them weaken, and Abu Dhabi should see them back again.

I've never seen cars so up and down in relative performance from race to race.

forty-two

segedunum wrote: I've never seen cars so up and down in relative performance from race to race.
+1

Is this because
- They all started from roughly a level playing field?
- The teams have been throwing resources at developing in season
- Each team has designed their car to be best at "insert discipline here" meaning that when the track needs that discipline, they're leading

It's an interesting point to ponder.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

TRICKLE69
TRICKLE69

Don't forget the lack of testing and the teams not knowing how new parts are going to react to the car. Red Bull seemed to have the best base to work from but Ferrari seem to have caught up. I still think the RB is a little faster, but not much.
IT IS WHAT IT IS

raymondu999

I think it depends on the car. The more "sharp" turns a circuit has the more it'll suit ferrari. Ferrari have great braking and traction. RB has great downforce, which we'll see in Suzuka. Probably they'll go ahead of everyone by at least 7 tenths or so again.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PlatinumZealot

myurr wrote:
n smikle wrote:Just to add.. this RedBull has no new upgrades on it. They did very well considering the track is a low G-force track. Isn't it scary what will happen in Suzuka? You might as well call it Silverstone II.
Singapore is the highest downforce circuit on the calendar - even higher than Monaco according to the Radio 5 live commentators. This should have been a Red Bull circuit, but they no longer seem to enjoy such a large downforce advantage.

McLaren also have a further large upgrade targeting Suzuka so I expect all three teams to still be very closely matched.
Singapore is not really a "RedBull domination track" IMO. RBR have gobs of downforce so they will run good at Singapore.. but what really separates them from the rest of the pack is High G-force turns Like turn 8 at Turkey. Medium speed downforce efficiency.

Barcelona
turkey
Silverston
Spa sector 2
Hungary
and all these other high g-force, high speed turns
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

They also have good balance which is very helpful in the longer corners that you see at Spain, Turkey and Hungary and that we will see at Suzuka (plus it reduces tyre wear).

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

GP discussion should be reserved for the GP threads, not for the car development topic such as this one.

Posts will be moved as necessary without notice.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

King Six
King Six

forty-two wrote:
segedunum wrote: I've never seen cars so up and down in relative performance from race to race.
+1

Is this because
- They all started from roughly a level playing field?
- The teams have been throwing resources at developing in season
- Each team has designed their car to be best at "insert discipline here" meaning that when the track needs that discipline, they're leading

It's an interesting point to ponder.
It's rather silly though, everyone knows the key to a championship is having a car like the RB6, bucketloads of downforce is all you need. Red Bull could have effectively won both titles awhile ago if they didn't screw up so much

xpensive
xpensive

marcush. wrote:Image

in this shot you can see the angles of the wishbones (of the front 9 so an indication of antidive ...not much in there but also not zero..
I don't know marcush, is it just me or are those wishbones actually angled for a "dive", rather than "anti-dive"?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Recent flexible wing related posts were moved to the respective thread.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

vinuneuro
vinuneuro

Did RBR have a new engine cover this weekend or was is it introduced earlier?

marcush.
marcush.

simplified graph for antidive geometry: