Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
spinmastermic

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

Gaara wrote:Webber won't be at redbull next year eitther he won the title or not.
I hope he wins the title and tells Horner to go fudge himself.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

2013 will see Williams rebranded as Williams Porche as the rumored 2013 engine rule will limit engine manufacturers to only supply one more team outside a manufacturer team, Cosworth will be exempted as they only make engines, and with Red Bull wanting away from Renault (altho not publically stated) will see the Red Bull team buy the Audi branded engine from VW as the Porsche will be exclusivly licenced to Williams.

For 2013 is expect the engine supply to look like this:

Ferarri to supply Sauber
Mercedes to supply McLaren
Renault to supply Lotus
VW to to supply Red Bull (Audi) & Williams (Porsche)
Cosworth to supply the rest.

Altho, the rumors that Renault have been completly bought out by GenII now, mean that if they wanted to they could supply a engine only package to multiple teams.

I think at Japan, we will see many more deals signed and such. Japan is usually a honey pot for such things, Alonso announced the Ferarri deal last year and im sure that there was the clarification of STRs drivers as well.

WhiteBlue

ESPImperium wrote:2013 will see Williams rebranded as Williams Porche as the rumored 2013 engine rule will limit engine manufacturers to only supply one more team outside a manufacturer team, Cosworth will be exempted as they only make engines, and with Red Bull wanting away from Renault (altho not publically stated) will see the Red Bull team buy the Audi branded engine from VW as the Porsche will be exclusivly licenced to Williams.
This is pie in the sky. According to the new Porsche chairman and previous VW marketing strategist Mathias Müller VW/Porsche will only have one brand supplying engines to F1. According to previous announcements there will not be a works team and the selected brand will supply multiple teams.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Porsche have been the subject of the rumour mill for a while.

aral
aral

ESPImperium wrote:2013 will see Williams rebranded as Williams Porche as the rumored 2013 engine rule will limit engine manufacturers to only supply one more team outside a manufacturer team, Cosworth will be exempted as they only make engines, and with Red Bull wanting away from Renault (altho not publically stated) will see the Red Bull team buy the Audi branded engine from VW as the Porsche will be exclusivly licenced to Williams.

For 2013 is expect the engine supply to look like this:

Ferarri to supply Sauber
Mercedes to supply McLaren
Renault to supply Lotus
VW to to supply Red Bull (Audi) & Williams (Porsche)
Cosworth to supply the rest.

Altho, the rumors that Renault have been completly bought out by GenII now, mean that if they wanted to they could supply a engine only package to multiple teams.

I think at Japan, we will see many more deals signed and such. Japan is usually a honey pot for such things, Alonso announced the Ferarri deal last year and im sure that there was the clarification of STRs drivers as well.
Reading the above, I can see why this thread is called "the silly season". IF Porsche/VW/Audi do build an engine, they would be able to supply a number of teams, as they would not be a manufacturer of chasses. Maybe they would use all three names, and include Seat, Lambo etc as well?

But I doubt that Sir Frank would sign with any of these names. He savours his independence. More likely RBR would tie up with Porsche. And how about Seat for HRT?

And there is also a rumour that Kia are planning an entry, and may tie up with the proposed Korean F1 team. And Tata are providing a Land Rover engine for Force India

zeph
zeph

gilgen wrote: And there is also a rumour that Kia are planning an entry, and may tie up with the proposed Korean F1 team.
I know you're being sarcastic, but I could actually see a Korean team with Samsung-branded Renault engines.

raymondu999

I don't think Sir Frank will ever be happy with being the sole customer of a customer engine. Remember Sauber-BMW?

Webber and Red Bull... Somehow I don't see Seb and Mark being at the same team again next year, DESPITE contracts being in place. But where would they go? Renault is the only empty seat, and maybe Merc if the schu decides to retire.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Peres signed to Sauber for next year will eliminate another seat for next year.

This leaves Heidfeld out in the cold (again) and i am now thinking that his only way back into the sport could be a seat at either Lotus (If the rumors of Trullis retirement are true) or Force India as i think that Mercedes and Renault are now locked in as they are now.

Also the fact Sauber will have a good backing with Telmex sponsorship next year will only bode the team well for 2011.

http://www.sauber-motorsport.com/Sauber ... newsid=476

Id expect the rest of the driver market to motor now as i think 11 of the teams will want their tallent in place before the Abu Dhabi young driver and Pirelli tests. I think that Hispania will be the one team that will probably not have its lineup ready.

That now really leaves the entry for the JV/Durango effort or posibly the Lotus Group/ART to try and buy STR as the only viable option with a good technichal base outside of buying HRT just for the entry and starting fresh again.

Now only Renault and Mercedes to confirm for 2011 and Force India to decide what 2 drivers out of 5 for them, and to see what will happen at Lotus with the Trulli rumor.

alberto222mx

ESPImperium wrote:Peres signed to Sauber for next year will eliminate another seat for next year.

This leaves Heidfeld out in the cold (again) and i am now thinking that his only way back into the sport could be a seat at either Lotus (If the rumors of Trullis retirement are true) or Force India as i think that Mercedes and Renault are now locked in as they are now.

Also the fact Sauber will have a good backing with Telmex sponsorship next year will only bode the team well for 2011.

http://www.sauber-motorsport.com/Sauber ... newsid=476
Great news! =D>
After almost 30 years a mexican will be again in F1.
The Telmex investment I hope it means a Grand Prix is coming soon.
"Why doesn´t someone tell Pedro it´s raining" - Chris Amon, 1000km Brands Hatch, 1970

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

=D>
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Hopefully they can put a last 2 GP as Mexico and Brazil if a Mexican GP is on its way.

Since the loss of the Argentinian GP, i have missed a second Latin American race.

Places that have a heritage and passion for motorsport should get a GP before who can pay the most in the short term.

speedsense
speedsense

I could see Mclaren taking up the Porsche/Audi flag. Now that would be interesting....IMHO
"Driving a car as fast as possible (in a race) is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction." Peter Wright,Techical Director, Team Lotus

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Laud ... ports.html

Have to agree with Niki Lauda's sentiments. Raikkonen seems a completely different person in WRC than he did in F1.

Giblet
Giblet

So where in the heck is Heidfeld going to end up?

I don't want to see him languishing in a car as a tester in a series with virtually no testing.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

donskar
donskar

Giblet wrote:So where in the heck is Heidfeld going to end up?

I don't want to see him languishing in a car as a tester in a series with virtually no testing.
I must be missing something about Heidfeld (I am NOT being sarcastic). I've always thought of him as just another professional F1 driver. I can't think of him ever turning in a real "oh wow!" drive. I certainly cannot imagine him driving for one of the top teams. Have I overlooked something?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill