The "Completely Out of Thread" thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Chaparral

Re: Mercedes GP

I'm certain that if you asked Ron Dennis today, he'd xpress his regrets falling victim of Senna's dealings, just as he would be sorry to have let go of Prost, who was there from the beginning and never even came close to such antics.
I remember the period well - what Senna had up his sleeve was the ace card that was his alliance with the Honda hierachy that sealed Prost's fate - he'd had enough X
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

JohnsonsEvilTwin

xpensive wrote:But the point was that Ron Dennis opened his mouth on the larger-than-life-deal of one MUSD per race, only after Senna has offered to drive a Williams for free and trying out Fittipaldi's Penske-hog. I'm certain that if you asked Ron Dennis today, he'd xpress his regrets falling victim of Senna's dealings, just as he would be sorry to have let go of Prost, who was there from the beginning and never even came close to such antics.
This is for another thread.

Suffice to say, in 1993 Senna could not drive for Williams as Prost had a clause stipulating no Senna. Hence why when the clause expired and Senna was able to drive a Williams, Prost retired.
So how is this a sleight on Senna?

Furthermore Senna was Mclarens most succesful driver. And his 1M$ a race happened when Honda was out of F1, so Dennis paid becuase he wanted to keep Senna. Therefore he is worth it.
More could have been done.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

I'm beginning to appreciate seg's position bit by bit, praise the lord we don't have a Senna driving a Mercedes. :lol:
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Your right X,

The barefaced cheek the guy had to ask for more money, I mean Senna was never revered by his own peers as the greatest ever or anything.
He was a proper greedo too, keeping all his money for himself....and a few hundred thousand disadvantaged kids from downtown Sao Paolo.

He never did much in a single seater. Only the three WDC's...pah.

Prost didnt ever say "he was my greatest adversary"

And I suppose his memory should be tarnished because a) you need to make a point.
and b) you probably dont appreciate the man.

Senna in a Mercedes? It happened my friend. Watch this and tell me...is F1 better off because of him, or in spite of him?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swlgR4BB8ZA[/youtube]
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

Finally back on topic JET, now, how do you figure JV will fare against Nico, in case they keep him that is?

aral
aral

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Your right X,

The barefaced cheek the guy had to ask for more money, I mean Senna was never revered by his own peers as the greatest ever or anything.
He was a proper greedo too, keeping all his money for himself....and a few hundred thousand disadvantaged kids from downtown Sao Paolo.

He never did much in a single seater. Only the three WDC's...pah.

Prost didnt ever say "he was my greatest adversary"

And I suppose his memory should be tarnished because a) you need to make a point.
and b) you probably dont appreciate the man.

Senna in a Mercedes? It happened my friend. Watch this and tell me...is F1 better off because of him, or in spite of him?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swlgR4BB8ZA[/youtube]
Oh for goodness sake, this is supposed to be a Mercedes GP thread.

lolzi
lolzi

Re: Mosleys Revenge Begins??

andrew wrote:Yeah and Mosley being a well educated senior adult should be above creating havoc to further his own vendettas and agendas. But he ain't.
I know this has no relevance to the thread, but how come you use "ain't" when you're from Scotland? I thought only Americans did that?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Mosleys Revenge Begins??

lolzi wrote:
andrew wrote:Yeah and Mosley being a well educated senior adult should be above creating havoc to further his own vendettas and agendas. But he ain't.
I know this has no relevance to the thread, but how come you use "ain't" when you're from Scotland? I thought only Americans did that?
It fitted in, that all. In Scotland, we do our bit to ruin the English language when there isn't a Scotland v England game on the horizon. :lol:

xpensive
xpensive

Re: Rumors has that Africa will have a GP

A formula one race in Africa? Guess all you have to do is to find a country which is not hopelessly poor, plagued by daily violence or corrupt beyond human comprehension, finally with a motorsport tradition. Should be a piece of cake that, right JET?
Last edited by Steven on 22 Oct 2010, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This and below posts are from the "Rumors has that Africa will have a GP"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

xpensive wrote:A formula one race in Africa? Guess all you have to do is to find a country which is not hopelessly poor, plagued by daily violence or corrupt beyond human comprehension, finally with a motorsport tradition. Should be a piece of cake that, right JET?

For Tomba's sake, I wont talk about an issue that relates directly to the thread.
I dont want to be labeled a racist for discussing issues that directly affect my country staging the F1 race, especialy from mods, as has recently occured, so I will refrain.
David Purley

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Therein lies the rub...as the bard would say.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

The Canary Islands is technically a part of Africa and so is Madeira, no?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Madeira is Portuguese, and therefore European. Canaries are Spanish and also European.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Madeira is Portuguese, and therefore European. Canaries are Spanish and also European.
Yes, but geographically I think it's a part of Africa, just like Guadeloupe is geographically a part of America?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Technically, its European. Geographically its African.
Gibraltar is similar, technically english...geographically Euro/african!
Nice place tho! especially for an African/euro GP :lol:

(kept it on topic)
David Purley