Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
segedunum
segedunum

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

The picture that's emerging now is of a driver lineup that is nowhere near as set in stone as it once was, even for drivers who supposedly have contracts.

I never thought Webber would be at Red Bull in 2011 since the end of 2009. That's no shock to me and I predicted that Raikkonen would be a shoe-in at that team. It's still a possibility but I'm not sure now. Red Bull clearly have mental issues over drivers getting the upper hand over Vettel and drivers like Raikkonen, Kubica or even Heidfeld would all be out.

What will be really interesting is if Massa has had enough, as the rumours still swirl, and finds himself a seat he's happy with. Kubica might also then be available.

raymondu999

Is it too late to start the Vettel - Yamamoto Red Bull 2011 lineup rumors then? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

jddh1

raymondu999 wrote:Is it too late to start the Vettel - Yamamoto Red Bull 2011 lineup rumors then? :mrgreen:
Yamamoto? I was thinking Karun Chandhok.

raymondu999

sounds good too
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Miguel
Miguel

Why should Williams keep Hulkenberg?

Because he's got the first pole for Frank's team after 99 races.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

zeph
zeph

that pole is impressive, but one pole does not a champion make.

Miguel
Miguel

zeph wrote:that pole is impressive, but one pole does not a champion make.
You're right, zeph. However, it will hopefully attract some sponsors following some kind of sane logic: "Hey! This kid seems good!" and "Hey! Williams are improving". Those two reasonings certainly beat "We'll pay you to put Sakon Yamamoto in the car" or "We'll pay you to put my dutch son-in-law van der Gaarde in the other car". Heck, I never understood why some companies paid for Sakon's drive. What do they expect if they put him in the worst car?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

raymondu999

zeph wrote:that pole is impressive, but one pole does not a champion make.
If it did, Sebastian would have been champion a while back
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

lebesset
lebesset

why sebastian ? what about all the others who would have been ...and before sebastian
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

zeph
zeph

I thought Williams is looking for a pay driver? They have already extended Barichello's contract so there's no wiggle room there.

Unless Hulkenberg brings in new sponsors, I don't think he'll be at Williams next year. Maybe Force India.

edit:
not so sure about Barichello's contract. Positive I saw a news item but can't find it now.
Last edited by zeph on 06 Nov 2010, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

lebesset wrote:why sebastian ? what about all the others who would have been ...and before sebastian
I said that because he's had half of the year's poles... sorry for the confusion
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

hulk to mclaren or renault! :lol: =D>
For Sure!!

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Hulk stays, Barrichello goes for 2011? Fantastic!! 8)

aral
aral

andrew wrote:Hulk stays, Barrichello goes for 2011? Fantastic!! 8)
Hulk stays, if he signs a five year contract.
Barrichello stays if he takes a big cut in his pay.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

If Williams ditch Hulkenberg they will be laughed at, if they drop Rubens they will be the same consequence. The need money with RBS ($10M), Phillips ($12M), Air Asia ($8M) and MacGreggor ($5M) leave the team in 2011, they need the $10M that Maldanado has to spend to get a seat.

I just wonder if Rubens will take that pay cut and stay for one more season...

This one is a tough situation for them.