The "Completely Out of Thread" thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Rumors has that Africa will have a GP

We are on topic, in case of a a Madeira GP, it will be held in Africa.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Rumors has that Africa will have a GP

:lol:

Geographically, but not technically! :o
More could have been done.
David Purley

komninosm
komninosm

Re: Abu Dhabi GP 2010 - Yas Marina Circuit

mariano.torre.gomez wrote:Possible strategies for Abu Dhabi

This season finale could be more thrilling than the one when LW was champion , and when Massa was champion for a few seconds

Red bull boss already announced no team orders
Red bull will gain in both cases, since their objective is RB’s Branding even if they are in second place RB will “win” as a respectfully brand/company
What to do??
If a where CH
I would prepare//map MW’s car slightly faster than SV’s in order to help him to take pole, and be at front during race, SV should drive between 2 sec margin, and both drivers would know that if Alonso drops they are free to race each other, but they are no allowed to crash/smash together their cars
Result if Alonso drops, maximum thrilling , red bull champion anyway.
Is Alonso remains in contention (3 rd or 4th)they have done their best. What to do?
If I were SD
I would prepare /map Felipe’s car to get in pole and to drive in race in first, even risking engine failure(eventually they could risk more if necessary with non confirming rules just to be at front)
Of course Alonso's car should be as fast as possible, with 2 RB’s risking also (3)on engine failure.
Which is no the case of Massa, who shall drive in front and hold the RB’s as much as possible and depending on Alonso position could eventually blow his engine trying to reach the objective.
Of course Alonso shall do his job to, trying to intercalate his car between both RBs
I don’t discard a ferrari's “poor FR/sat training” and a strong qualy
We will see their strategies soon
Intercalate!? After that semi-incoherent "rant", you expect us to let your using of the word "intercalate" go by with not a joke? :p
Are you using a translator btw? Or not using a spell checker hehehe :twisted:

gridwalker
gridwalker

Komninosm, give the guy a break ... Looking at the username, I sincerely doubt that english is their first language ...

Plus, take a look at this : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/intercalated

It actually seems like a reasonable use of definition 2 from that page.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

mariano.torre.gomez
mariano.torre.gomez

intercalate [ɪnˈtɜːkəˌleɪt]
vb (tr)
1. (Miscellaneous Technologies / Horology) to insert (one or more days) into the calendar
2. to interpolate or insert
[from Latin intercalāre to insert, proclaim that a day has been inserted, from inter- + calāre to proclaim]
intercalation n
intercalative adj

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003

mariano.torre.gomez
mariano.torre.gomez

I belive that you need extra latin classes
it is commodity still today in the UK

komninosm
komninosm

gridwalker wrote:Komninosm, give the guy a break ... Looking at the username, I sincerely doubt that english is their first language ...

Plus, take a look at this : http://www.thefreedictionary.com/intercalated

It actually seems like a reasonable use of definition 2 from that page.
I was only joking, didn't mean to offend.
Besides I didn't say he used :intercalate" wrongly. The joke was that someone who uses the word "intercalate" isn't supposed to make such semi-incoherent posts with tons of spelling errors to boot. Hmm, I may have phrased the joke badly though.
I used smileys to convey my jovial tone and that my intent was not to insult. Sorry.

mariano.torre.gomez
mariano.torre.gomez

I would like you to propose one single word to say what i was saying
only one single word please.

komninosm
komninosm

mariano.torre.gomez wrote:I would like you to propose one single word to say what i was saying
only one single word please.
Sorry man, didn't mean to offend, it was only a harmless joke.

As for your challenge:
Of course Alonso shall do his job to, trying to intercalate his car between both RBs
Of course Alonso shall do his job to, trying to interject his car between both RBs
Of course Alonso shall do his job to, trying to place his car between both RBs
etc.
My joke wasn't that you used the word wrongly, but that the word was "out of place" considering the rest of your post. Again sorry to poke fun at you.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Do you want Refueling back?

autogyro wrote:It is a primary problem with handling liquid inflamable fuels.
Once the vehicle base eventualy becomes all electric both road and race cars will be safer and much more convenient to use.
Refueling in F1 is dead.
And electricity is generated how? Then there is impact of manufacturing batteries and disposing of them.

How far does your Gee-Whizz go before you have to plug it into the mains for 10 hours? Hydrogen fuel cells are the only reasonable way to go.

autogyro
autogyro

Re: Do you want Refueling back?

andrew wrote:
autogyro wrote:It is a primary problem with handling liquid inflamable fuels.
Once the vehicle base eventualy becomes all electric both road and race cars will be safer and much more convenient to use.
Refueling in F1 is dead.
And electricity is generated how? Then there is impact of manufacturing batteries and disposing of them.

How far does your Gee-Whizz go before you have to plug it into the mains for 10 hours? Hydrogen fuel cells are the only reasonable way to go.

Actual report of a weekend in a Tesla EV

(1) Friday 5th November

Bath to Southampton, prepare car and charge (L2)

Southampton to Petersfield to Portsmouth, collect navigator and charge (L2)

Portsmouth to Brighton, register for BLFCC and charge (L1)

(2) Saturday 6th November

Brighton to Crawley to London (Regents St)

London (Regents St) to London (Kensington), charge (L1)

(3) Sunday 7th November

London (Kensington) to Portsmouth, drop off navigator, charge (L2)

Portsmouth to Southampton, charge (L2)

Southampton to Bath

The Level 2 (L2) chargers are part of the “Charge Points Everywhere” test network setup by the Zero Carbon World charity and are using electricity from Good Energy.

The Level 1 (L1) chargers were supplied by the hotels. As Dale reported, the Brighton hotel supplied little or no power. The London Hotel (base2stay) supplied an overnight charge. It’s a ‘green’ hotel but I don’t know whether that was renewable electricity.

I did not record the journey in great detail because my regular commute is 200+ miles and I’m well used to using my Tesla for those sorts of journeys. All I can say is that I traveled at highway speeds (we were late on Friday night and so I had to ‘push on’ a bit), and I don’t think much about the charging because it only takes me a couple of minutes to plug in the cable…

I haven’t made a great deal of the renewable’s story because i did plug into L1 charge locations of unknown electricity source. Next year I intend to use 100% renewable’s for the entire trip and have the results verified by the supplier.

I think you have to be on facebook to see the photo’s in the second link…

Let me know if you need more info…

My friend says what on earth do you need Hydrogen fuel cells for?
Add weight?
So much easier than having to find petrol stations, wait to pay, wait for the car to heat up etc So much more convenient and so cheap.
Liquid fuel is so ancient now.

marcush.
marcush.

Re: McLaren Mercedes MP4-26

Barnard hated that one when he arrived in Ferrari.. Gustav Brunner work.He must have liked this design very much ....

Last edited by marcush. on 12 Jan 2011, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

That wouldn't be project 662 would it? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

recycled the complete front with Zakspeed as well.. :mrgreen:
Last edited by marcush. on 12 Jan 2011, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

PatricioJuanco
PatricioJuanco

Re: Renault R31

[I think that should be the 110. The latest model from Lotus was the 109, I never considered that the draft Tony Fernandes is Lotus in itself, but an attempt to recover a legendary name, which has proved unsuccessful.