Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Raptor22
Raptor22

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

The newbies are an extreme disadvantage in F1 these days. theres just not enough testing time for them to learn the complexities of setting up their cars and are heavily reliant on simulators if their teams can afford them.
Is Hulkenberg less talented than say Vettal? I don't think so. He totally dominated GP2 and A1GP when he raced there but the step up to F1 is a large set forward in complexity of hardware and software.

As for Webber, I don't think F1 would miss him. He had luck running on his side all year but he choked at the last hurdle. that choking started in Q3 on Saturday. He was also av ery disruptive influence in the RedBull garage this year. Often complaining and casuing the team to focus on keeping the media out of their affairs. SInce May he has been campaigning in the media to be Red Bulls Number 1 when at no stage was it ever a certainty that he would be the WDC. He is too blame for his own failure. He should have focussed on his driving like Sebastian did. When it the presure rose, Webber spun off the road in the wet. WHen it was intense he qualified behind all his championship rivals.

He says he will be in a Red Bull in 2011. I hope not. I would like to see Kimi in the other but I guess thats not going to happen.

segedunum
segedunum

I predicted Webber could be out for 2011 over a year ago, as well as Raikkonen being there. I can't see that happening now. It's likely to be a Red Bull lacky, but I can't see Alguersari or Buemi being able to take Red Bull to a constructors' title.

Hulkenberg to Red Bull?

fenix4life
fenix4life

Barichello has just been confirmed.
Hulkenberg can search for a new team

raymondu999

So... Who do we all think will be in the Number 2 Red Bull?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

zeph
zeph

Heidfeld or Hulkenberg. The latter was extremely supportive in Brazil. :lol:

The Germanic super-team, anybody? Ironic it should be RBR and not MercedesGP.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Hulkenberg out of Williams is a big mistake. They should have put Barrichello out of our misery and kept a young, fast and up and coming driver. 17 years of mediocrity is surely enough?

zeph
zeph

Except that 17 years of mediocrity has consistently outperformed the young, fast and up and coming driver this year.

The figures don't lie.

andrew
andrew

So he putpaced a rookie? I think that's a first isn't t?

zeph
zeph

A spade is a spade is a spade.

segedunum
segedunum

Brazil was nice, but it was one highlight in unusual circumstances in an otherwise undistinguished season. If Hulkenberg was as good as people say, and worth the money, then you would expect to have seen......something.

timbo
timbo

andrew wrote:Hulkenberg out of Williams is a big mistake. They should have put Barrichello out of our misery and kept a young, fast and up and coming driver. 17 years of mediocrity is surely enough?
This year is a first in quite a few that their development actually produced results.
I'm pretty certain Barichello was a factor in this.

vall
vall

I understand it is difficult times for new drivers today, but if you've got a talent, it is clear from day one. Sena, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Alonso, Hamilton, even Kobayashi if you wish, all started performing and delivering from day one. F1 is very competitive sport and if you do not perform, you are simply out.

andrew
andrew

timbo wrote:
andrew wrote:Hulkenberg out of Williams is a big mistake. They should have put Barrichello out of our misery and kept a young, fast and up and coming driver. 17 years of mediocrity is surely enough?
This year is a first in quite a few that their development actually produced results.
I'm pretty certain Barichello was a factor in this.
Not sure about that, particularly when there is someone like Patrick Head in the team.

mith

And where was he during last few years?

ringo

segedunum wrote:I predicted Webber could be out for 2011 over a year ago, as well as Raikkonen being there. I can't see that happening now. It's likely to be a Red Bull lacky, but I can't see Alguersari or Buemi being able to take Red Bull to a constructors' title.

Hulkenberg to Red Bull?
Buemi is good enough. Those STR drivers are probably doing the best they can with the car.
For Sure!!