Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

Express also reports that Montezemolo recently made an offer to entice Red Bull designer Adrian Newey to Ferrari. Newey reportedly turned the offer down.
It is not really a surprise, isn't it? Does someone think that Aldo Costa will design a winning car?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

timbo
timbo

WhiteBlue wrote:
Express also reports that Montezemolo recently made an offer to entice Red Bull designer Adrian Newey to Ferrari. Newey reportedly turned the offer down.
It is not really a surprise, isn't it? Does someone think that Aldo Costa will design a winning car?
Ummm
F2007.

Afterburner

:lol:

747heavy

=D> =D> priceless :lol: :lol:
Merry Christmas
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Richard
Richard

timbo wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
Ummm
F2007.
Ummm
F2008 as well (WCC)

raymondu999

Just fell a point short of winning the WDC too, so the F2008 could've done the double as well
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Tamburello
Tamburello

If we take the RB6 out of the equation then 2010 as well, no?

mangesh
mangesh

Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil will race Force India's 2011 cars, with Nico Hulkenberg moving into the third cockpit role for Friday morning sessions.

http://www.gpguide.com/Default.aspx

Will be good to see Paul in action, also Hulk will be pushing Paul and Sutil :)

raymondu999

I don't buy it. I don't have a preference for either driver... one's a DTM champ and the other's a GP2 champ. Both have got skill. But Hulk would have the added experience of racing and qualifying in 19 rounds in high pressure situations (it's not as easy as just pushing in qualifying and the race, you also have a massive element of pressure in the mix).

Given the Hulk's added experience in single seaters, AND an active year in F1, the Hulk is a much better choice. That's just looking at facts and figures though. Anyone know if Di Resta has ever competed with the Hulk in the same series somewhere? (which even then sometimes isn't even a good indication. Look at Grosjean vs Kobayashi)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

Told you guys. :lol:
Hulk doesn't have much going for him. What he should have done is go to mercedes.
Hulk is a big risk, and i don't think he could any input into the developement of FI.
FI has Sutil as their top gun, they don't need another wild driver who's going to have to take time fitting in to the team and may not contribute any more than Sutil in the races.
Paul complements Sutil much better. He's part of the FI and mercedes family and maintains the contuity in the developement phase of the team.

Hulk has nothing going for him as i said. Not one reason he should just get a race seat all of a sudden. He's got no money, or engine constructor backing, and his skills can't make up for it. Tough luck but that's how it is.

I expect Maldonado and Di resta to do a much better than job than the Hulk did in 2010. Paul has WDC Vettel's, mercedes, and Jackie Stuart's blessing.

Hulk better run fora HRT seat.
For Sure!!

raymondu999

You never know though. While Di Resta is a Merc driver, Merc might well want FI to put another German driver in the billing.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Giblet
Giblet

The Hulk has a large red asterix over his head and needs to prove himself a hard worker and team player. He overdrove often, and had some hissy fits. Di Resta proved himself and has been rewarded. He was kicked out the door at Williams so fast, it's a wonder there isn;t a Hulkenberg shaped hole in the front door of the Williams factory.

Hulkenberg now has an uphill climb to get back to a race seat. It's within his grasp as he has the raw speed, he just needs to grow up some and prove himself I think, like anyone who is still young and beginning their career.

Sometimes to go fast, you need to slow down a bit. A career like Vettel's or Hamilton's where everything came to them early with large backing, is the exception and not the norm.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

mith

We don't even know, if HRT will race in 2011. They say, they will, but looking at their payment history, everything's possible. So in my opinion it'd be very risky choice. And even if they raced and Hulk managed to get a seat (which was not likely as he didn't have sponsorship money and we all know, HRT is looking for paydrivers) he wouldn't shine in the slowest car on the grid. So it's lost vs. lost situation.

I think, if Hulk will prove during morning sessions, he is the faster driver than the one (or both) of the latter two, he may count for the switch around half of the season.

Byronrhys

A lot of doubt going toward Hulk, but I expect Pastor and Di Resta to be the same place he was this year maybe even worse, he has more going for him then people think.

marcush.
marcush.

HRT to announce driver on Friday ?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88821