F1 Television viewing figures rise once again

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
f136
f136

F1 Television viewing figures rise once again

Formula One Management (FOM, commercial rights holder for the sport) has declared that television viewing statistics were up yet again last year, with a global figure of 520 million for 2009 increasing to 527 million in 2010. In total, 16,000 hours of Formula 1 was broadcast across some 187 countries last year, with a growth in nine of the 11 largest TV markets. The season was also strong for many of FOM’s European broadcasters, which reported their highest race audiences for ‘a number of seasons’.

“Whilst 2010 has delivered some great things, 2011 promises even more as Formula 1 seeks to build upon the foundations laid in our emerging markets and enthral our audiences across the world,” says Formula One Group CEO Bernie Ecclestone.

For the first time ever, High Definition television coverage will be on offer to all broadcasters this year – with several, including the United Kingdom’s BBC – having already accepted the improved quality for their 2011 outputs.

forty-two

Re: F1 Television viewing figures rise once again

Do you have a link for this announcement?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

f136
f136

Yes this is announcement! :D

forty-two

Perhaps I didn't explain what I was asking properly.

I mean, do you have a link to an external source where you learnt this information?

Unless of course you are a representative of FOM?

shadowkhas
shadowkhas

forty-two

Thanks Shadow

donskar
donskar

f136 wrote:Formula One Management (FOM, commercial rights holder for the sport) has declared that television viewing statistics were up yet again last year, with a global figure of 520 million for 2009 increasing to 527 million in 2010. In total, 16,000 hours of Formula 1 was broadcast across some 187 countries last year, with a growth in nine of the 11 largest TV markets. The season was also strong for many of FOM’s European broadcasters, which reported their highest race audiences for ‘a number of seasons’.

“Whilst 2010 has delivered some great things, 2011 promises even more as Formula 1 seeks to build upon the foundations laid in our emerging markets and enthral our audiences across the world,” says Formula One Group CEO Bernie Ecclestone.

For the first time ever, High Definition television coverage will be on offer to all broadcasters this year – with several, including the United Kingdom’s BBC – having already accepted the improved quality for their 2011 outputs.
This sounds good, and I hope it IS as good as it sounds. But . . . that is a growth of just over 1%, and I would assume that the total TV viewing audience also grew. If it grew more than 1%, then F1's viewing audience has not grown as a % of total viewers. Make sense? Just wondering.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill