Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:You two best get your Mercedes gear out then, this kids going to race a Benz when Schumi calls it a day.
Merc? Never! Filthy vulgar overpriced unreliable chintzy pretntious psuedo-upper class piles of mince! Can't stand the ruddy things! :lol:

I suspect this season I will (for the first time in my life) become a flag waving Scot only I will infact actually be from a white and blue country rather than a region.

On a serious note, it sounds like di Resta has impressed a lot of influential team members at Force India and is technically very knowledgable. Regardless of the financial side (and the flag waving), the choice between Luizzi and di Resta seems a no brainer.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Ill again become a blue and white flag waver, after a period of 2 years off since the last Scottish driver retired.

madly
madly

http://www.f1technical.net/news/15859
Team Lotus will launch its 2011 car, the TL11, exclusively free and online in the Team Lotus Notes magazine at 0500 (GMT) on Monday 31st January via their website. Team Lotus will therefore be the second team to present their car, after Ferrari does so on 28th January.
Yeah... I start to be sick of this PR race, who will be faster, Team Lotus or Lotus Renault GP. If there is news with Lotus, then BOTH Lotus teams have to have announcement...

So at the very morning to be second one... And before Lotus Renault. Mission accomplished, WE are better.

Childish games...

And who cares if the first car showed is HRT or Ferrari?

EDIT: It was 5 a.m... not 5 p.m.
Last edited by madly on 26 Jan 2011, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

More could have been done.
David Purley

Crafty
Crafty

Poor old Joe is certainly upset isn't he :)

No doubt his blog will be full of criticism of Fi this year !

raymondu999

Personally I never liked his blog either
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I think he should rename his site the JoeSaward RANT. There is alot of anger in this guy, it becomes tedious to read even if(less and less recently)the story is worthwhile.
David Purley

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Have to aggree with yoyu JET on Saward, he is like Andy Gray, an outdated dinosaur in an modren world. He still comes out with some insightful and intresting comments, but he wants F1 to be run ethically and morally... When was the sport ever ethical or moral???

Modren buisness is all about making the best of whats avalable, and if you have to overlook who you have to become better, its part of what can only be called in buisness now as "natural wastage".

Yes i see his point that Liuzzi was a decent anough and loyal driver for them, but his performances just wernt what they were looking for. Ultimatly the straw that broke the cammels back was his performance in the latter GPs when he had the machinery he couldnt get it done, albeit he did get a DNF at Brazil that wasnt his fault. Personally i think that Force India hold Liuzzi accountable for the loss of 6th in the constructors table last year to Williams, as this was worth arround $4m TV money gone to them.

To me, Force India are doing the right thing, putting a faster younger driver in the seat for better results.

raymondu999

FIndia announcement is up! Sutil+Diresta, with Hulk reserve
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

One seat left at Hispania now...

Next week we will know ouf start grid for the first race of they year.

ringo

Those who were saying hulk would get it over Di Resta seemed to have changed their minds.
At least he's a test driver, if Di resta does poorly he can step in.

After reading Joes article, i kind of agree with him. Luizzi had a contract, and it was not honoured.
In truth his poor races were down to the team's mistakes. When everything was ok, he did respectably on the track.
He's no Alonso or Vettel or Sutil even, but he didn't deserve to be pushed aside like that.
Mallya should at least ensure that Luizzi has a HRT seat by any means necessary.
For Sure!!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Why has Liuzzi kept Schtum?

There are no doubt performance clauses in place that left the situation the way it now is. Few could argue Liuzzi is deserving a FI seat. I could argue Di Resta is more deserving of it. Contracts arent worth the paper they are written on either so the age old adage goes.
And Mallaya would not doubt have a legal angle to justify the sacking.

Saward goes on about Ethics and Morals, but the flaw in it is this.... Is it ethical to watch a natural talent like Di Resta sit in tin tops for another year at the expense of watching a journeyman(ok one with a bit of talent) trail behind Sutil for 2011?

Methinks if Mr Saward were a team boss, he'd be a poor one.
David Purley

vall
vall

It remains to be seen how Di Resta will do! May do well, but may fail. Hulk was also regarded as big talent, but he was far from impressive last year.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

[...]

Paul di Resta seems to have the talent and the right attitude. When he speaks he seems to have both feet firmly planted on the ground an seems to have realistic views and expectations. I have a feelong the loon will do well. :wink:
Last edited by Steven on 08 Feb 2011, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unwanted ranting

lotus7
lotus7

No respectful driver , except Massa maybe ( and all Schumi's no 2's at Ferrari for that matter) should stay in a team if unwanted . Contract or not

This basically counts for all people, even directors in companies . If unwanted for whatever reason, pick up your buyout and move on .

Ask Raikkonen .