Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Max Speed
Max Speed

Driver line up for 2011

Kartikayan racing this year, Hulkenberg not. Methinks money is speaking a little too loud in F1

Byronrhys

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

Saubers choice of Perez now seems like such a better idea, the kid is brining cash from everywhere makes me even more positive (and sad) that if Kamui doesn't perform this year and the Japanese Market don't step up like the Mexicans he'll get the boot and Esteban will step up.

ringo

Hulk Schmulk. His talent aint bigger than the oil money. William's future is more important than him.
He let me down too, i expected him to go for an F1 seat no matter what. He looks like that kind of guy. The man should have went for the HRT seat and get some more experience. The HRT could be reasonable this year and he could really shine beating up Karthekeyan.
He could have been the star in a reasonably priced car. :lol:
For Sure!!

raymondu999

Imagine if suddenly Hulk showed us godlike stuff and got a podium for HRT in Monaco :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

http://adamcooperf1.com/2011/01/29/vals ... st-drives/

A good move by Teal Lotus. Theese guys will fly in a GP2 car for Team AirAsia as well, are well known and good up and commers from GP2, both have impressed me for a while now.

Valsecchi is now in the Maldanado/Filippi year, if he does well and wins or comes second he will go to F1, if he dont, he will probably languish in AutoGP and GP2 for ever just unable to make the breakthrugh.

f136
f136

Grosjean return to F1

Romain Grosjean is Renault's third driver for the 2011 season

"2011 will be my comeback year with a third driver spot at Lotus Renault and a whole season in GP2 and GP2 Asia with the DAMS team," announced the Swiss-born Frenchman.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Bruno Senna seen at Lotus sponsored Renault.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Bruno Senna is to share testing and reserve duties with Grosjean.

Max Speed
Max Speed

Got a feeling that Grosjean was dropped too quickly by Renault in 2009; they were obsessed with Alonso at the time. He's proved himself a top talent in the lower catagories, on a far more regular basis than Petrov. Hard to tell if his reserve role at Renault this year will lead him back into an eventual race drive though.

Crafty
Crafty

Tony Fernandes tweeted a picture of Karun Chandhok this morning with the text "Look who I bumped in to".
The telling bit is Karun is wearing a jacket with a Lotus badge on, so one presumes that he's got the test/reserve seat he was after.

Gonner
Gonner

Re: Kubica's in hospital

ESPImperium wrote:Was hoping he would have a good season, but if he has a few suspected fractures and possible broken wrist, thats him out for the next roughly 3 to 4 months. Renault will now have to put all their weight behind Petrov and then put either Bruno Senna or Romain Grosjean in for Kubica.

Hope he isnt too badly hurt, and can make a full recovery.

I've read somewhere that Grosjean was Renault's fourth choice, I've believe that if one of Renault's " third drivers " is going in the car to replace Kubica, it'll be Senna.

thestig84
thestig84

Re: Renault R31

fenix4life wrote:If they wan't any victory they will need to have somebody else then Grosjean but can you say to your third driver, you're not good even before he has driven 1 Mile in the new Renault
Bruno Senna is the official 3rd driver and replacement for either race driver.

ringo

So who's jumping into the Renault?

Senna, Grosjean, ..... Heidfeld ?
For Sure!!

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Thankfully Kubica is only injured but I'm surprised that Reanault were letting him take part in a rally so close to the start of the season.

Looks like Petrov will be their lead driver - time for him to shine.

Senna for the second seat anyone?

nacho
nacho

Petrov - Senna qould be an extremely weak driving pair, quite likely the worst in F1 this season.