Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
djones
djones

Re: Mercedes GP W02

yeah I agree the M5 is a bad example but I have seen much better, renderings where you can hardly tell its not real.

I mean when was the last time you saw a film?

Avatar - apart form the fact they are blue etc, the textures and everything are borderline real life. Thats a movie as well, not a single still picture.

Another 5 seconds on Google and here is a better one that is even better than that fake W02

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mate its the W02, rendering or not. Fruktose just made some easy cash.

Feel free to call me any name under the sun if it turns out this was not the W02.
More could have been done.
David Purley

adrianjordan

Looks to have quite a big "windscreen"...IF indeed that is the real car and I too am not convinced...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

raymondu999

FFS guys. The real thing will be out in the next 24 hours, won't it? What's all the fuss about? But then again, this is F1T, so I could be wrong to doubt the fuss :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

H.Lyoud
H.Lyoud

Looks like an evolution

W02 has TF 110 front wing
Last edited by H.Lyoud on 30 Jan 2011, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

Morteza

H.Lyoud wrote:Looks like an evolution
Aren't the radiator intakes the same shape Red Bull used in RB6? They are triangular. It's a guess though.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

myurr
myurr

Front suspension angle looks steeper as well, confirming the higher nose. That area underneath the snorkel looks very podgy... wonder what's going on there?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

To my eyes this is no evolution. The nose is different as are the sidepods.

The side pods intakes are pretty much straight off BGP 001 and also very similar to Mclaren MP4-24. Here are pictures of the macca to compare. Seens as tho it was a KERS car, Mercedes will have noted how Mclaren used their design and may have incorporated this into the W02.

Red Bull nose, Mclaren sidepods incorported for KERS(best Kers packaging of 2009) and can you see those sideboards on the merc? are they even legal?
Last edited by JohnsonsEvilTwin on 30 Jan 2011, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
More could have been done.
David Purley

mith

Where are barge boards (or what's called that thing, which appeared as a mirror mounting)? I hardly believe they won't use it. Every team has it.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Really, another question about if barge boards are legal? YES. People ask every year...

volarchico
volarchico

The 50 euro wager from djones and frukost makes the anticipation for the release even THAT much more exciting! And JET, I still say it's the TF110's nose, not the Redbull's. :P

Byronrhys

mith wrote:Where are barge boards (or what's called that thing, which appeared as a mirror mounting)? I hardly believe they won't use it. Every team has it.
You mean the Side pod deflectors, yeah its missing those also, I call fake on this one if I'm wrong so be it.

ell66
ell66

no it doesnt. its very similar to the one merc ran last year, if not the same.

cravenciak
cravenciak

ell66 wrote:

no it doesnt. its very similar to the one merc ran last year, if not the same.
Its TF109 picture.

TF110 nose is very similar to W02.

mith

Byronrhys wrote:
mith wrote:Where are barge boards (or what's called that thing, which appeared as a mirror mounting)? I hardly believe they won't use it. Every team has it.
You mean the Side pod deflectors, yeah its missing those also, I call fake on this one if I'm wrong so be it.
Thanks for clearing this one. So barge boards would be those small triangular things on the floor in the same area... I'm learning all the technical language from this very forum, so from time to time I'm still little confused. But what's more funny, I don't know proper names for most of the things in my native language ;)

But going back on topic, I remember Brawn at 2009 was one of the last teams to adapt those deflectors, but I don't see them ditching it.