Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sknguy
sknguy

Re: Kubica's in hospital

No one knows yet the success of Kubica's surgery. If all goes well I should think he could be back for Albert Park or Sepang. Either way this is hugely worrying and I hope to see Kubica back on track. Even in the interim it's a big loss.

mith

Even if surgery would be extremely successful, I think ahead of him are months of rehabilitation.

raymondu999

I don't think it'll be long before someone compares this to Webber's injuries in the last 2 years
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Goran2812
Goran2812

sknguy wrote:No one knows yet the success of Kubica's surgery. If all goes well I should think he could be back for Albert Park or Sepang. Either way this is hugely worrying and I hope to see Kubica back on track. Even in the interim it's a big loss.
albert park or sepang after nearly life threatening injuries and rumors of hand amputation? Quite optimistic of you,if I may say so...
Would be very happy for Robert if he could achieve that, but that's gonna be very hard... :/
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

raymondu999

Maybe Spain or Monaco for a comeback?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

spinmastermic

I hope he gets well soon but I doubt we'll see him racing an F1 car this year

raymondu999

I think we will. Whether it'll be for more than 2/3 of a season, we'll see
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

spinmastermic

His hand has to be reconstructed, he'll need physio therapy to get it workong again. Plus any minor accident while he's driving could be devistating. I hope he's ok and we hear some good news

Callum

You can see the rectangular hole through the cockpit. By the looks of it he was extremely lucky that the object didn't get his torso:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/el-carabob ... otostream/

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Re: Renault R31

Here's a fixed link, I set it to start at the rather worrying part of the car.Another case of his feet being completely exposed yet they survive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6rKlgcw ... page#t=20s
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

ringo

sknguy wrote:No one knows yet the success of Kubica's surgery. If all goes well I should think he could be back for Albert Park or Sepang. Either way this is hugely worrying and I hope to see Kubica back on track. Even in the interim it's a big loss.
You gots to be kidding?
back by albert park. Look what a little shoulder injury did to Rossi.

Kubica will recover, but to get back full strength with those kind of injuries will probably take a year. Assuming his hand is of use, or if he still has his hand.

A waste of talent to me. After so many serious accidents, it's almost like he doesn't care.
For Sure!!

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

A single fracture is one thing to recover from, multiple fractures is another. Mutliple fractures and reconstruction of your hand is something entirely different.

I hope that Kubica makes a strong and swift recovery and regains his seat in an F1 car. We all know he is a champion in waiting..

For the season, I believe we'll see another Senna in a black and gold Lotus Renault. Perhaps Roman will get a drive or two, to gain sponsor money.

Get well soon Robert.
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

RAF
RAF

I really hope Kubica recovers well and wish him all the best.

I can't really see Renault passing up the opportunity to put the Senna name back in a Lotus car though...

feynman
feynman

Could we perhaps not maybe take the time to let the blood dry in the pedal-footwell before breathlessly launching full-bore into fannish speculation of replacements.

I am sure somewhere, someone in Renault back-office is tasked with thinking of such matters, but the rest of us, why don't we choose to try to act with just a modicum of propriety.

PlatinumZealot

So, new thread for his replacement?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028