Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Goran2812
Goran2812

Re: Kubica's in hospital

segedunum... chill man... everyone wishes robert the best, and if that means believing he'll return to F1 and be as good as he was before this freak accident, then let them (us) believe...
i'm on your side on this one... he'll be lucky if that hand gets well enough to have basic functions, but that's not a reason to get upset about what other people write... ;)
forums are a bitchy place to be, and we all know that! ;) take it easy, you'll get a heart attack! XD
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

axle
axle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 389513.stm
Renault driver Robert Kubica has regained consciousness as he begins his recovery following seven-hour surgery.

The 26-year-old's right hand was partially severed and he suffered arm and leg fractures when he crashed during a rally in Italy on Sunday.

"The doctors have said he has taken important steps forward," said Kubica's agent Daniele Morelli.

Renault said in a statement that Kubica had been able to move his fingers and had talked to his relatives.

"He was briefly woken up by the doctors," said the Renault statement.

"He was also able to move his fingers, which is encouraging for the rest of his recovery process.

"In order to avoid any physical stress, Robert will be put under gentle medication in order to sleep for the next 24 hours at least.

"Meanwhile, the doctors will decide how they will treat his elbow and shoulder fractures. Robert may have to undergo surgery once again for this, but not for a few days."
Good tentative early news...fingers cross (excuse the pun) he makes a full recovery...or at least a 70% one so he can live a normal life and drive something...I don't unfortunately see him driving in F1 again :( Sad days...
- Axle

Byronrhys

Every time I read Kubica's injury list I can't imagine why Eric feels he will be in the car before Abu Dhabi GP, putting him in to early would just risk further damage if he isn't healed fully.

gridwalker
gridwalker

Whatever happens to Kubica (and I really would love to see him win a championship one day) it was good to see Team Lotus put aside the petty intra-team squabbling to send Robert a get-well message over their facebook and twitter pages today.

I had gotten so used to seeing the 2 Lotus teams beating each other up in the media that it is quite heart warming to see a bit of humanity sneak in at the edges.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

ben_watkins
ben_watkins

He'll need many more surgical procedures to attend to both his hand, as well as his leg and arm after suffering so many compound fractures.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89323

The other incredible thing is that some of the first words he spoke after being woken was that he asked after his co-driver's health.

Remarkable.

#getwellkubica
BWP
Tripos Media Partners
#TriposMediaPartners

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I think we can safely say that if Bobby does ever return he will be everyones second favourite driver.

Byronrhys
Im of a different opinion, the more I read the more optimistic Iam regards Kubica's return. Just 24 hours ago the words life threatening were being used, now he is moving his fingers.
Early days yet mind, but at least the guy is/will be compus mentus.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Tufty
Tufty

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:I think we can safely say that if Bobby does ever return he will be everyones second favourite driver.
In much the same manner as Massa was last year - until about midseason when Hockenheim was enough for some people to decide his career as a number one driver was effectively over.

[First post, please be gentle!!]
Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars, thinking "where the hell is the ceiling?!"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

ben_watkins wrote: The other incredible thing is that some of the first words he spoke after being woken was that he asked after his co-driver's health.

Remarkable.

#getwellkubica
That is remarkable.

It reminds me of Hakkinen's Adelaide crash in '95 - the first thing he asked when he woke up was "was it my fault?".

These guys work at a different level to the rest of us when they're driving...

Hopefully Kubica will make the same sort of come back as Mika did.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

segedunum
segedunum

I know there will be lots of people asking why they allow him to go rallying but that's why I like drivers like Raikkonen and Kubica. They just want to get into anything with any wheels and drive it fast. They're a throwback to an era where drivers drove and raced in all kinds of formulas and I think it made them better drivers. It's a big part of who Kubica is and why he's been so good.

Sean H
Sean H

Sounds like the first round of surgeries went well, looks like more surgery to come.

Like has been mentioned above, a successful return from this will make Robert a fan favorite more than he already was.

I also reconfirmed my like for Alonso, the pic of him sitting and waiting to see his friend is what sport is supposed to be about.
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

reikorp
reikorp

segedunum wrote:I know there will be lots of people asking why they allow him to go rallying(...)
You can't judge true love :mrgreen:

Kubica is just a driver, not a marketing product. Lately, asked about the Lotus legacy and how he feels to be a Lotus driver he said: "from what i know Lotus is just our title sponsor". Who else would say something like that? That's why we like him.

Pure passion!

And he's able to move his fingers! :mrgreen: =D> :o [-o<

raymondu999

segedunum wrote:I know there will be lots of people asking why they allow him to go rallying
Like Red Bull and Mark Webber's biking? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mith

I also think, that disallowing this guys do their passion would be similar to cutting their wings. You just can't kill their spirit if you want them to compete on the very edge of what's possible.

There is a handball player, Karol Bielecki, who has lost his eye during the sparing match in an unfortunate accident. At first he announced he's ending his career. You know, without 3D vision it's pretty hard to estimate ball's movement. But he started to train again and after some time in the first official match after the accident he shone like nothing has happened. Now he's back to representation and playing on top again. I know Kubica won't be able to drive F1 car with disabled hand, but he's the man with strong will, so he will do everything possible to recover fully and get back into F1 cockpit.

PlatinumZealot

Boullier also reiterated in an interview with ANSA that Renault backed Kubica's decision to take part in the event, despite its close proximity to the start of the new F1 season.

"Rallying is what Robert loves to do," he said. "We knew the risks and so did he. We didn't want a robot or a corporate man for a driver. It was agreed together.
I bet he still regrets it deep inside though.

Ever heard the saying, "A wise man keeps sound bones?"
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

JohnsonsEvilTwin

N smikle,

Philosophy clap trap is all very well with hindsight. You could also come up with counter philosphy clap trap like "follow that which fills your heart" or various others to justify Kubica's decision for his love of rallying.

Kubica is a sane man, he knows the risks. He more than anyone will know the risks...

Maybe instead of judging the man and what he loves doing, you could empathise with the mans unfortunate plight?
It comes across as a bit distasteful....
More could have been done.
David Purley