Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ringo

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

vall wrote:
spinmastermic wrote:
vall wrote:I also have the feeling it will be Senna. This could be his best chance to show what he is made of in a decent car.

I don't really see the fuzz about Heidfeld. He had his chances and indeed nothing special came out
Just like Button until he got the Brawn. Renault need a driver quick with experiance to carry the team. If Heidfeld gets the drive it'll be his last chance to prove himself.
Ok. Let's have things straight. Button is an average F1 driver. He was very lucky to get a Brawn that was by far the fastest car. I still he was pushed by Rubens to the very end, and remember that some misfortunes happened to Rubens as well.

The same can be said about Nick. He will do well in a good car and maybe would have won the WDC in that Brawn (but then, who would not?)
I agree, whoever is picked will perform much better in the R31. I don't mind giving Senna his time to shine or even Luizzi for that matter.
For Sure!!

FrukostScones

News from the replacement front: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89362

I think they do this to protect Kubica's already broken heart. Naming Heidefeld too quick, would be maybe too hard for him, as I think that Kubica and Heidfeld were not the closest friends at Sauber. And now Heidfeld could harvest the black and golden fruit...
Painful, but Renault cannot throw away the potential of the car due to personal matters.

They will let Heidfeld test and then shortly before Bahrain, they will announce it.
As I wish all the best and quick recovery to KUB there is no way Kubica will race again this year.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

nacho
nacho

I think it is a big mistake not making the decision before the Jerez and Barcelona tests, a new driver will need every lap in the car (as does Petrov). New car, new tires, KERS, adjustable rear wing, a completely new team and engineers for the driver.

They are shooting themselves in the foot if they don't decide now.

FrukostScones

according to speedweek.ch Heidfeld is confirmed.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

German site supporting the home side. Bit like the Italian site reporting that raikkonen is to race seeing as he is a former champion in Ferrari and therefore an honary Italian.

No names seem to be confirmed anywhere else yet.

FrukostScones

It's a Swiss mag written in German, they are insiders, trusted source. Grosjean is the leak. Boullier told him that Heidfeld will replace KUB.

yeah, thats alright.
Last edited by FrukostScones on 09 Feb 2011, 20:00, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
andrew

I'll wait for the formal announcment. This still sound too much like a rumour.

FrukostScones

Anyone thinks Heidfeld can become WDC with the R31? some bookies still offer 200 .

Jakkals

And that is not what the team owners says either. According to Gerard Lopez the team needs a title contender in the seat, since the fate of the team rests on that driver - "We all know that Nick is rather good, but we don't know what level he is in now, we don't know how he [will do] with our car," Lopez added. "Same goes for Liuzzi, same goes - I don't know - for Bruno Senna, who was in a team with a car that could do nothing last year."

I think that leaves the list rather open at the moment...http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsp ... 392434.stm
Technology... is a queer thing. It brings you great gifts with one hand, and it stabs you in the back with the other.

FrukostScones

I placed my bets!

raymondu999

My friend took an outsider bet on Jenson Button in 2009. He made a fortune on that bet.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

H.Lyoud
H.Lyoud

Re: Kubica's in hospital

As expected, Nick Heidfeld is potential Driver.

Vitaly will test on Thursday Friday then they will mix Bruno, Nick.

WhiteBlue

Autosport confirms that Senna and Heidfeld will share one day of testing. Senna was due to test before the Heidfeld decision. So it looks good for Nick. If he plays his cards right he should be on pole for the drive.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew

Also looks good for Senna. If he plays his cards right he should be on pole for the drive.

raymondu999

We could be in for an epic old-style "shootout." Whoever is faster gets the seat. In that case, could they maybe put them both on supersofts, 5 laps of fuel, then have them put down the hammer?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法