Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vall
vall

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

I just read they will give change to Senna and Heidfeldt on Sunday and Suturday. Thu/Fri is Vitalii to drive.

raymondu999

Donuts wrote:What a mess! How on earth will Renault know if they have a competitive car, without a driver to take it's performance to the limit. Don't tell me Nick Heidfeldt can do it, just look on qualifying performance his last two seasons with BMW-Sauber-F1. I even doubt that Kimi Raikkonen can do it, at least right from the start. Guess, Robert Kubica was right when he said that Renault needed to hire another experienced driver to be serious about challenging for wins. Timo Glock or Heikki Kovalainen would have been excellent choices. Now they are left with the "rookies", Vitaly Petrov's replacements. Maybe give Vitantoni Liuzzi a chance?
How is Liuzzi faster than Heidfeld? And let's not forget that Kimi is a stunning driver where speed is concerned. Having said that he's been out of it for a year and would need to be bedded in f1 again
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:
Donuts wrote:What a mess! How on earth will Renault know if they have a competitive car, without a driver to take it's performance to the limit. Don't tell me Nick Heidfeldt can do it, just look on qualifying performance his last two seasons with BMW-Sauber-F1. I even doubt that Kimi Raikkonen can do it, at least right from the start. Guess, Robert Kubica was right when he said that Renault needed to hire another experienced driver to be serious about challenging for wins. Timo Glock or Heikki Kovalainen would have been excellent choices. Now they are left with the "rookies", Vitaly Petrov's replacements. Maybe give Vitantoni Liuzzi a chance?
How is Liuzzi faster than Heidfeld? And let's not forget that Kimi is a stunning driver where speed is concerned. Having said that he's been out of it for a year and would need to be bedded in f1 again
I'm not comparing them, it was just a last desperate choice. Only chance will be that Vitantoni Liuzzi has not had the opportunity to show what he's made of and has been unlucky? Nick Heidfeldt, we know for a fact was outqualified by Robert Kubica 13-5 in 2008 with a competitive car and 11-6 in 2009 with a not so competitive car. Especially in 2008, I think Nick Heidfeldt did'nt qualify in front of Robert Kubica untill the 10th race(we all know what had happened by then). Comparing their technical skills is another matter, I have no clue...

About Kimi... I think we are saying the same thing, it will take some time for him to get up to speed... Michal Schumacher is a benchmark.
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

Donuts wrote:Especially in 2008, I think Nick Heidfeldt did'nt qualify in front of Robert Kubica untill the 10th race(we all know what had happened by then).
What? Robert lost interest? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:
Donuts wrote:Especially in 2008, I think Nick Heidfeldt did'nt qualify in front of Robert Kubica untill the 10th race(we all know what had happened by then).
What? Robert lost interest? :?
Well, let's say he looked like a small boy that has been deprived of his toys.;) No fanboyism, but I think it was obvious that there was a lot of tension at that point, due to BMW-Sauber-F1 decision to stop development of the car. There's another interesting point to bring forward, was'nt the main reason for their decision that the car did'nt suit Nick Heidfeldt? Or is this just BS? I think to some degree it's true, but maybe not the main reason, they probably felt they were to far behind McLaren and Ferrari. But judging his performance, there's probably some thruth to it, which makes me wonder if it's such a good idea to let him develop the R31? He will have totally different preferences to Robert Kubica(or he's just not as good at driving a car that does'nt suit him).
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

FW17

?
Why are Buemi and Alguersuari still in F1

raymondu999

Because they have contracts
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

They did not have one in November 2010 or when the FIA 2011 list was published in December 2011.

Did these guys show some extraordinarily improved driving skills over the winter?

Guess Marko has been a bit preoccupied these days

raymondu999

They always did have a contract, and STR also announced that they did. I guess they just never bothered to update the FIA entries.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

segedunum
segedunum

Given the requirements (winning races and going for the championship) Raikkonen is the only logical choice to me. Renault and their backers have a hell of a lot riding on this season, and winning races completely relied on Kubica being there. They need a Kubica clone who's going to be unemotional and where they give him one objective - drive the wheels off the car and think about nothing else.

Liuzzi? :lol: Heidfeld is a solid chance for any other team, but Renault need a driver who is going to mix it with Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso and has experience of doing it. Renault's language regarding their requirements has shifted towards that.

The interesting thing is that Raikkonen's a free agent in rallying now, he has his own sponsors which might be of interest to him and Renault and he's not taking part in all the rally events this year. He has a rally this weekend so obviously nothing is going to happen now but it makes more sense to both parties than some realise.

The only problem is testing time, but that's true regardless of who comes in.

raymondu999

segedunum wrote:unemotional and ... - drive the wheels off the car and think about nothing else.
Sounds like Kimi de la Raikkonen to me
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JohnsonsEvilTwin

raymondu999 wrote:
segedunum wrote:unemotional and ... - drive the wheels off the car and think about nothing else.
Is there a driver who is emotional out there?
While driving the wheels off the car I mean.....The last one was this guy.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBgiH6I-vE[/youtube]
More could have been done.
David Purley

WhiteBlue

Heidfeld 32
Petrov 100
Kubica 230
Senna 440
Grosjean 560

Looks good for Heidfeld to get the Renault seat.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

gridwalker
gridwalker

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:
Is there a driver who is emotional out there?
While driving the wheels off the car I mean.....The last one was this guy.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJBgiH6I-vE[/youtube]
Aaaaah ... that was why I loved Monty :)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

mangesh
mangesh

Aaaaah ... that was why I loved Monty :)

Too good, isn't he? =D>
Get him back man.. why Nick in Renault