Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Donuts

Re: Kubica's in hospital

raymondu999 wrote:Sorry, 2003? What happened? I don't generally follow lower racing formula other than GP2 or DTM, and he didn't come through GP2 to my knowledge, so I'm not familiar with any events regarding Robert pre-F1.
Well, I'll be happy to inform you! :D

He and a friend got hit by a drunk driver... smashed his right arm/shoulder... one of those titanum plates was dented in the rally crash, they are fixing it today...

He was Formel Renault Champion, that was what landed him the seat with BMW-Sauber F1. Only GP2(is it GP2?) experience was from Macau, were he beat his Manor GP team mate Lewis Hamilton to pole position! :D
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

gridwalker
gridwalker

I thought Macau was F3 ...
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

raymondu999

Donuts wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Sorry, 2003? What happened? I don't generally follow lower racing formula other than GP2 or DTM, and he didn't come through GP2 to my knowledge, so I'm not familiar with any events regarding Robert pre-F1.
Well, I'll be happy to inform you! :D

He and a friend got hit by a drunk driver... smashed his right arm/shoulder... one of those titanum plates was dented in the rally crash, they are fixing it today...

He was Formel Renault Champion, that was what landed him the seat with BMW-Sauber F1. Only GP2(is it GP2?) experience was from Macau, were he beat his Manor GP team mate Lewis Hamilton to pole position! :D
Wait, so the titanium thing is permanently in his arm? As in like, six million dollar man in his arm?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

gridwalker
gridwalker

That isn't so unusual : my mother has had titanium plates in her ankle since 1987, and she certainly isn't worth six million dollars ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Richard
Richard

A lot of people have rods and plates left in permenantly. They only tend to be removed if they cause discomfort or impede mobilty.
Last edited by Richard on 11 Feb 2011, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

Jac_ek
Jac_ek

look at the barrier at video,
http://www.tvn24.pl/-1,1692380,0,1,bari ... omosc.html

it was something wrong with it :/

or here in better quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPSb5DaPsmM

ringo

Anyone read the autosport article?
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89406
Kubica is as mad as cat piss!!

He's scary for any team principal other than Boulier. This man doesn't value his life.

Sad to say but i wouldn't want him driving as a #1 driver for any team i support. He can be the replaceable #2 though. :mrgreen:
He's good, very good, but he's not so good to take the risk. There are faster and more mentally stable drivers out there.

He apologized but you can't help but notice how crazy he sounds when talking about previous crashes; like he's testing his mortality and pushing his luck.
For Sure!!

shadowkhas
shadowkhas

That drive to perform and push that extra amount beyond his comfort zone reminds me of a certain Brazilian that won 3 world championships. Just saying...

timbo
timbo

ringo wrote:He's scary for any team principal other than Boulier. This man doesn't value his life.
C'mon dude.
Even if you don't agree with what Kubica does, your tone here is unacceptable.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

ringo wrote: He apologized but you can't help but notice how crazy he sounds when talking about previous crashes; like he's testing his mortality and pushing his luck.
Welcome to real life motorsport. Either deal with it or get out; Kubica is doing the former.

I really haven't been of a fan of his until recently, and his behavior in these times just cements my belief in him.

It will be lamentable if the R31 is a top 3 car and he isn't here to drive it's wheels off.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

netoperek
netoperek

mx_tifosi wrote:
ringo wrote: He apologized but you can't help but notice how crazy he sounds when talking about previous crashes; like he's testing his mortality and pushing his luck.
Welcome to real life motorsport. Either deal with it or get out; Kubica is doing the former.

I really haven't been of a fan of his until recently, and his behavior in these times just cements my belief in him.

It will be lamentable if the R31 is a top 3 car and he isn't here to drive it's wheels off.
If R31 will be a top 3 car, i guess nothing will stop Robert from driving it, at least not any plaster cast, and he will be back rather sooner than later. I guess that type of men just can't be held back for too long ;)

reikorp
reikorp

fans@lotusrenaultgp.com

you can send your get well messages to Robert here.

Tim.Wright

That attitude is a pre-requisite if you want to be a race driver. If he had your attitude to taking risks he would be stuck inside trolling F1 forums all day. :wink:

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

ringo wrote:He's scary for any team principal other than Boulier. This man doesn't value his life.

He apologized but you can't help but notice how crazy he sounds when talking about previous crashes; like he's testing his mortality and pushing his luck.
That is the sign of a true gent and a racer, in other words, a nice guy. Never gives up and thinks of the team over himself.

Kubica apologising reminds me of an out-take I saw of Humphry Bogart years ago. In a scene he accidently put his hand on something hot (a stove I think), got a small burn and instead of stnading there shouting and swearing, he politely apologised to the crew and other actors for ruining the scene.

Perhaps Kubicas thinking is something that is very rare today. Despite a horrific accident, he still has a level head and say sorry, despite no apology being needed.

marekk
marekk

New here, welcome to all.
One more regarding armcos. This one is on a brand new, multi bilion dollar, purpose built high speed F1 circuit in Abu Dhabi. :shock: