Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pandamasque

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

mangesh wrote:
Aaaaah ... that was why I loved Monty :)

Too good, isn't he? =D>
Get him back man.. why Nick in Renault
There is no chance he can fit in the car anymore.

WhiteBlue

BetFair odds:

Heidfeld 50
Petrov 110
Kubica 230
Senna 440
Grosjean 560

According to the betting money Kubica has better chances to win the WDC from his hospital bed than Senna. Boullier has just said that Heidfeld will get 1.5 days of testing and Senna just half a day. He also said: "Heidfeld will be our man if he can convince us." I reckon Nick will do that.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Heidfeld has had his shot, time for some young blood who can do the job.

WhiteBlue

andrew wrote:Heidfeld has had his shot, time for some young blood who can do the job.
It looks like Renault will not follow your thoughts. This is an interview with Boullier by AMuS, translation by me:

Q: Who will replace Kubica?
EB: In this situation we need an experienced man. This year we have so many new things on the car that we cannot risk a young pilot: KERS, movable rear wing and the new tyres. It puts a premium on experience and there are few drivers who fit that bill.

Q: Which drivers?
EB: Heidfeld, Liuzzi and De la Rosa.

Q: What kind of chances you are giving Heidfeld?
EB: He will drive one and a half day on Saturday and Sunday in Jerez. This basically answers the question. If he convinces, he will be our man and will be sitting in the cars at the next test in Barcelona as well.

Q: And if not?
EB: In that case we would have to try one of the other two drivers (Liuzzi, De la Rosa). But Barcelona is our terminal dead line. By then we need to know who will drive the car.

Q: Why do you give a chance to Bruno Senna?
EB: He will drive half a day to gain some experience. If something happens again I need someone who has been in the car.

Q: What spoke against Kimi Raikkonen?
EB: We spoke to Kimi last year. He told us that he prefers to drive rally, so we did not have to consider him any more.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

I'll wait until the team annouces their decision. The fact that they don't mention their official reserve drivers is interesting.

WhiteBlue

andrew wrote:I'll wait until the team annouces their decision. The fact that they don't mention their official reserve drivers is interesting.
He mentioned Senna, but said he will not be considered due to lack of experience.

Shrieker

Senna had done much better than the likes of Petrov and Kobayashi in gp2, yet seems like cruel fate won't allow him to race in a decent car. I for one think he would've given Button a serious run for his money in 2009, and same for 2010 had he been in Petrov's seat.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Tim.Wright

Renault make me laugh with the number of driver they have on their books.

They had 7(?) drivers at the car launch Kubica, Petrov, Grosjean, Senna, Jan Charouz, Ho-Ping Tung and Fairuz Fauzy. ????? Thats enough to fill one third of the grid!

Then, one driver drops out and they can't find a replacement????

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

spinmastermic

The lack of in season testing did made the ammount of drivers they had look rediculous. Were they all supposed to get time in the car during the year?

I hope Nick gets the job and he finally bags a win.

Pandamasque

Tim.Wright wrote:Renault make me laugh with the number of driver they have on their books.

They had 7(?) drivers at the car launch Kubica, Petrov, Grosjean, Senna, Jan Charouz, Ho-Ping Tung and Fairuz Fauzy. ????? Thats enough to fill one third of the grid!

Then, one driver drops out and they can't find a replacement????

Tim
They had 1 driver to deliver the points, and then as many as they could find to deliver the cheques. It happened that the one with the unique role got injured.

godlameroso

The extra buttons and stuff excuse is just that, an excuse. They have simulators, they can get used to the extra buttons there just fine. I think Senna is gonna end up with that seat, either that or he's gonna crash.
Saishū kōnā

Belatti
Belatti

"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

FrukostScones

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I reckon Nick is the man..what a cool beard..and a fast reliable driver
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

marcush.
marcush.

I have no doubt Renault will find the perfect man for the job in Heidfeld and Kubica will return earlier than we can imagine .As Nick will undoubtedly extract from the Reanault a good stream of results and points they will face a major problem when Kubica is ready to return.I REALLY hope Nick will bag that win nowand make it imposssible to drop him giving them a strong push in second half of this year with Robert and Nick wich was the pairing they should have commited to anyways.