Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: Kubica's in hospital

Looking at the circuit armco, the key is the way the overlap is done. The leading edge of the armco after the gap is curved and no exposed ends present themselves to the oncoming cars.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Richard
Richard

Of course Webber is another example. He broke his leg on 21st(?)Nov 08 and was testing on 11th Feb 09, just over 12 weeks later, say 88 days?

nacho
nacho

Kubica's injuries are far more severe than Schumacher's or Webbers. They only had bones broken in the same place, Kubica has broken bones from toes to shoulder. Added to that he has nerve damage and tissue damage. I am very sceptical about any early return, having watched closely recovery from shin/knee injury and forearm shoulder injury that both needed plates etc. fitted.

ringo

manchild wrote:
Shrieker wrote:
gridwalker wrote:Stand back lads, this calls for divine intervention : http://print.dailymirror.lk/sports/108- ... 35631.html

Kubica's gonna kick ass for The Lord!

Surely, you can't be serious.
Well, he is very religious unless I'm mistaken. I'm not sure about current helmet, but the one he wore when he crashed in Canada, had written name of pope John Paul II (Jan Pawel II)

Another one from 2009

Religious drivers tend to have that extra blessing. Faith is the strongest motivator for them.
If the popes blood makes him as strong as 10 men, whether by sipping it or putting it in the IV tubes :lol: , it should help him either psychologically or spiritually.
For Sure!!

gridwalker
gridwalker

Unfortunately, he won't be able to sip it for super powers : it is a tiny spot of dried blood on a strip of one of Pope JP's old robes ... maybe he could tie it around an injured appendage, but not much more than that.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Shrieker

Yes maybe psyschologically speaking it'll be a boost...
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Carlos
Carlos

I appreciate Kubica's explaination that F1 testing severely restricts a driver from keeping sharp. I have never understood why F1 testing was limited, with the explaination, that it saved a lot of money. Most agree that the majority of the expense of F1 are related to engineering, construction and home facilities. I would think the cost of renting a track for a week and each driver running 600 laps would be very small in comparison.

marcush.
marcush.

running that expensive stuff is :expensive.you still need those 250-450 guys to build and maintain two cars with limited testing.
Run the cars the same distance again and you will need to replace components still at the rate you have lifed them.so it´s not just fuel and tyres but ,exhausts ,drivepoints,driveshafts,wishbones ,gearbox gears bearings shafts that will need replacement.So testing is not cheap ,and you are situated away from home...making it even more expensive.
Testing should be part of the race weekend and you would be allowed to use the spare car for this.the main drivers should only be allowed 10 laps per test.

piast9
piast9

Any news on today's surgery? It was planned to end at 14:00...

ackzsel

piast9 wrote:Any news on today's surgery? It was planned to end at 14:00...
I heard in a radio bulletin from the Dutch Broadcasting Foundation that Kubica may lost control of his right hand forever. I can't find that horrific news on their website (www.nos.nl) so don't take this as a fact just yet!

If this turns out to be true than I'll be very, very sad : (

piast9
piast9

Well, from other sources I've learned that todays surgery went well. I took them so long because they had to put together nine broken pieces. Kubica is in good overall state. He will stay 10-15 days on intensive care, then he'll begin his rehabilitation.

manchild
manchild

Read 3 different sources, no one mentions bad outcome.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/20 ... 4611_x.htm

ackzsel

manchild wrote:Read 3 different sources, no one mentions bad outcome.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/20 ... 4611_x.htm
Good, let's hope it stays that way.

KubaWinter
KubaWinter

Hello Everyone! This is my first post on this forum, I hope not the last one

At the beginning I'd like to stress that it's not my site/my idea/or something like that. I just find it interesting, and maybe some of you would like to join.

I'd like to show you nice action of Polish fans of Robert Kubica. They want to collect 15,000 photographs of fans' faces and use them to make a big mosaic of Robert's face with best wishes for him. If they collect this number of photos it'll be 150 cm wide and 200 cm long. This mosaic will be given to Robert personally.
If you are interested, you have to visit this link:

http://f1zone.pl/rejestracja.html and register your account (it's necessary to avoid spam, fake photos etc.). Send your login and email by pushing "Zarejestruj" [eng. Register] button. Password will be send on your email, look for it in field "Twoje hasło" [eng. Your Password].

Use your login and password to sign in in top right corner. Than, you will see field in which you have to choose your photo - by clicking on "Wybierz" [eng. Choose]. Photo must be max 5 Mb, and min. 120x160 pixels. After selecting your photo press "Wyślij" [eng. Send] button. Now, you can crop your photo properly. After that, finally, you should press "Wyślij" [eng. Send] button. Your photo was added

When action will be finished, you would be able to download the file with poster and find your face

Hope you'll join!

Best regards,
James

manchild
manchild

You forgot to mention that after logging in, people have to click on:

Zdjęcie dla Roberta Kubicy

*top right corner*

Only than window for upload of photo will appear.