Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
forty-two

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

Interesting that they have gone for low mounted gills instead of a "unicorn hole" like on the RB (sorry it was a phrase last season).
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

PlatinumZealot

After seeing the testing times..I am SURE that this car is top 5.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

I dont think anyone can be sure of anything based on testing times

HampusA

ajdavison2 wrote:I dont think anyone can be sure of anything based on testing times
There are three things i´m pretty sure of.

1. Red Bull has Qual speed unlike any other team.
2. Ferrari has the best race pace and seems to look after their tyres the best.
3. Red Bull and Ferrari is playing in their own league.
The truth will come out...

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

HampusA wrote:
ajdavison2 wrote:I dont think anyone can be sure of anything based on testing times

How can you be sure? other teams might be sandbagging, do you have a source?

raymondu999

HampusA wrote:

No, we still don't know that. Educated guessing would say as much, but we should remember with tyres+fuel, we'll probably see up to 8 or 9 seconds difference depending on the differing programs of each team. Based on testing times of today, Ricardo Teixeira might even still be faster than Vettel
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RedTzar
RedTzar

While todays time is encouraging for Toro Rosso, it suggests we haven't seen what Red Bull can do yet. And certainly we haven't seen where Renault or McLaren are sitting in the order yet.

Despite this being Barcelona, we only really see cars pace when we get to the last test, wherever and whenever that may be.

HampusA

ajdavison2 wrote:
HampusA wrote:

How can you be sure? other teams might be sandbagging, do you have a source?
I´m not sure since it´s impossible to know but i´m "quite" sure this is the case.

You will see in Bahrain or another place that Red Bull has a superior car and the only one that will challenge them is the Ferrari.

HampusA

raymondu999 wrote:
HampusA wrote:

No, we still don't know that. Educated guessing would say as much, but we should remember with tyres+fuel, we'll probably see up to 8 or 9 seconds difference depending on the differing programs of each team. Based on testing times of today, Ricardo Teixeira might even still be faster than Vettel
That´s why i´m said pretty sure. And not "this is the case"

Ricardo wont be faster then Vettel if if you gave have Vettels car lol.

The fact is that from the observations around the track, the Red Bull is superior.

That means the qualifying will be dominated once again by Red Bull.
Last year Red Bull dominated Qualifying while Ferrari had the upper hand in race-pace.

I don´t see anything that will change that. If you see anything that will change that please let me know.

The other teams have built really good cars but i doubt that they will have anything to say about when it comes to Red Bull and Ferrari.

No other team has the reliability as Ferrari.

wesley123
wesley123

HampusA wrote:
ajdavison2 wrote: I´m not sure since it´s impossible to know but i´m "quite" sure this is the case.

You will see in Bahrain or another place that Red Bull has a superior car and the only one that will challenge them is the Ferrari.
And this is based on?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

StrFerrari4Ever

I'm optimistic about this year and this car. I hope the reliability continues and the team gets through every programme without hassle. Here's to a big update for the 1st race of the season!

HampusA

wesley123 wrote:
HampusA wrote:
ajdavison2 wrote: I´m not sure since it´s impossible to know but i´m "quite" sure this is the case.

And this is based on?
The red bull gets on the gas earlier then any other car in testing atm.
They have their wing all the way down in places nobody has their wing down etc.

Basically the RB7 is an evolution of the RB6 which was perfection.

raymondu999

What if it's 100 km/h off the pace on the straights? What if the other teams are running with extra ballast and full tanks? What if they're capable of activating the DRS earlier than red bull, but they don't show it? There's no way we can assume anything from the testing. We can't even assume that the Red Bull is competitive. Not just yet. Now let's get back to the Toro Rosso, and any further discussion on this matter should be done in the testing thread.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

HampusA

raymondu999 wrote:What if it's 100 km/h off the pace on the straights? What if the other teams are running with extra ballast and full tanks? What if they're capable of activating the DRS earlier than red bull, but they don't show it? There's no way we can assume anything from the testing. We can't even assume that the Red Bull is competitive. Not just yet. Now let's get back to the Toro Rosso, and any further discussion on this matter should be done in the testing thread.
Yea in a fantasy world this might be true.

The matter of fact is that Red Bull has refused to show their pace in Qual speed until yesterday.

Remember this conversation m8, we can talk about who was right after the first race ;)

raymondu999

Whoa I'm not saying Red Bull are going to be slow. In fact they probably will be fast. But what I'm saying is, their testing time bears no impact on their testing times.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法