Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
HampusA

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

raymondu999 wrote:Whoa I'm not saying Red Bull are going to be slow. In fact they probably will be fast. But what I'm saying is, their testing time bears no impact on their testing times.
Well we´ll see if i´m right when the race-day comes.¨

I´m saying it again. Qual - Red Bull domination.
Race - Red Bull, Ferrari with the Ferrari having the upper hand in reliability and tyre management.
The truth will come out...

murtoidf1
murtoidf1

HampusA wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Whoa I'm not saying Red Bull are going to be slow. In fact they probably will be fast. But what I'm saying is, their testing time bears no impact on their testing times.
Well we´ll see if i´m right when the race-day comes.¨

I´m saying it again. Qual - Red Bull domination.
Race - Red Bull, Ferrari with the Ferrari having the upper hand in reliability and tyre management.
Go and put some money on it then lol

I wouldn't be surprised if the cars have the same characteristics as last year. i.e the red bull has oodles of downforce and the mclaren is the fastest in a straight line.

Of course this is based purely on conjecture and hearsay from james allen, but that's all we can do at this stage.

If the redbull is able to use its DRS where no one else is, it suggests they have a higher base level of downforce than the other cars, which will be advantageous on corners, but once again limit their top speed.

Mclaren have those L shaped side pods channelling air to the RW, and their whole design philosophy suggests they are maximizing the value adds, such as Kers and the DRS. It's likely to be faster than a bullet in a straight line, but once again not as welded to the road as the red bull around corners..

HampusA

The odds for Ferrari and Red Bull is probably the lowest of the bunch ;)

I think Red Bull just has the perfect aerodynamic package. Sure Mclaren and the other teams have some inovative stuff but is it enough?

Agree, Mclaren will be the faster car in a straight line. But that´s also down to their engine which is the most powerful on the grid.
Last edited by Steven on 22 Feb 2011, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please stick to THIS car
The truth will come out...

zgred

JB2011
JB2011

Is that slot on the floor the exhaust exit?

StrFerrari4Ever

Further impressive times from the STR boys. The pics posted above show what a nice car this is =P~

StrFerrari4Ever

JB2011 wrote:Is that slot on the floor the exhaust exit?
As far as I know that is the exhaust exit. It's been like that since Jerez I think.

JB2011
JB2011

StrFerrari4Ever wrote:
As far as I know that is the exhaust exit. It's been like that since Jerez I think.
Really really neat. I'm excited to see if they'll be challening for podiums, it seems like a genuinely quick car on two different tracks, wet and dry weather and 3 different drivers.

StrFerrari4Ever

JB2011 wrote:
StrFerrari4Ever wrote:
Really really neat. I'm excited to see if they'll be challening for podiums, it seems like a genuinely quick car on two different tracks, wet and dry weather and 3 different drivers.
Yeah they seem to have upped their game, by increasing their staff in the Technical Department and it looks like it's paying off. Podiums would be fantastic & being in Q3 regulalrly would be a treat [-o<

RedTzar
RedTzar

Surely podiums is a bit optimistic? Maybe the odd one from bizarre race conditions but I doubt any more unless the car manages to jump Renault, Mercedes and possible Williams.

Would love it if they out perform Red Bull though of course that won't happen.

LegendaryM

I love this car
MRVC: Tolo Racing

PlatinumZealot

RedTzar wrote:Surely podiums is a bit optimistic? Maybe the odd one from bizarre race conditions but I doubt any more unless the car manages to jump Renault, Mercedes and possible Williams.

I believe this car is top 5, so to some of us it won't be optimistic at all! I say Regular Q3 and and the odd podium from normal race conditions. 8) Just watch!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Spencifer_Murphy

n smikle wrote:
RedTzar wrote:Surely podiums is a bit optimistic? Maybe the odd one from bizarre race conditions but I doubt any more unless the car manages to jump Renault, Mercedes and possible Williams.

I believe this car is top 5, so to some of us it won't be optimistic at all! I say Regular Q3 and and the odd podium from normal race conditions. 8) Just watch!
It would be great if they did produce the performance you foresee. I'm not so sure as sometimes team impress in testing and then don't quite have the pace we thought come the season itself.

We'll see, I hope they do, because you've gotta love the "plucky underdogs" lol
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

amouzouris

The STR6 is definitely top 3 of the fastest cars this year...problem is the drivers have neither the experience nor the speed to get wins...but one or two podiums are in their pocket for sure!!

Byronrhys

Seems the hype stick has hit Toro Rosso now, Renaults turn has passed wonder who is next, Sauber? If the STR6 is this P3 car like you say( which I highly doubt) They'll fall behind in no time if they keep up the development rate they had last year, it was horrid and was there downfall.