Williams FW33

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
A13EX_f
A13EX_f

Re: Williams FW33

so if this is a hint at the rothmans livery will canada be forcing them to change the livery for the canadian gp like they were trying to do to the "JPS" Renault / Lotus

Mandrake
Mandrake

I'm not sure about the Front Wing, there's just too much white on it. But the rest is just lovely, I love the slim lines and it does indeed remind me of the Rothmanns livery.

What I would love to see now would be some sort of blue pinstripe ornament or blueprint on all the blue parts, a bit like the old "Genuine BMW Parts" livery.

Last edited by Mandrake on 24 Feb 2011, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.

raymondu999

The Renault is a lot closer to the JPS cars than this is to Rothmans though.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

horse

I think Williams have had enough "non-tobacco" blue and white liveries in recent years not to worry about the link to a former tobacco sponsor.

Note that they are missing a "pod" sponsor. Must be a fair hole in the budget.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

mith

@raymondu999: It's pretty funny viewing it that way, but come on... They could have add some white stripes and lighten shade of blue a bit and it would be perfect in my opinion.

@horse: If they'll have some good results this season, sponsors will come on their own.

gibells
gibells

Couldn't they just paint the airbox yellow and write canon on it? I'd be much happier then.

FW17

I don't understand the thinking in F1 teams (Brawn, Sauber, Williams), they have one or two sponsors put them as small as possible and think that they will get someone to fill the space. Williams have AT&T and PDVSA, why not give them more space on the car till they get someone else?

Why not put AT&T (invisible title sponsor) on the sidepod

King Six
King Six

Oh yeah, it seems lke AT&T aren't even on the car's livery. Compared to the likes of Vodaphone and McLaren, or Petronas and Mercedes...and of course, Group Lotus and Renault. Strange one. #-o

gridwalker
gridwalker

AT&T are on the car, though they aren't very prominent : check my post higher up on this page and you will find them on the cockpit side, ahead of the sidepod openings ... still, that is pretty poor for a title sponsor!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Lurk

A sponsor do not pay to be on the car but to be on a specific part of the car.
Their is a different price for rear wing, sidepods, cockpit side, engine cover, bargeboard, etc.
The costliest parts are engine cover, sidepods and rear wing.

If AT&T wants sidepods instead cockpit side, they have to pay more.

rich1701
rich1701

If subliminal tobacco liveries do work then perhaps Rothmans might get a boost in sales this year :D

Pedro
Pedro

Livery 1994 - 1997

Source: F1news.cz

raymondu999

Now that you put it that way, the red and yellow stripes are definitely a bowback to Rothmans.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

horse

raymondu999 wrote:Now that you put it that way, the red and yellow stripes are definitely a bowback to Rothmans.
+1.

That's a bit risky, no? Could the design team not think of anything less controversial?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

wesley123
wesley123

Imo it isnt even close.

The Red is from PDVSA and the grey is from AT&T, nothing risky about it. Quite ironic though, Renault does the same with making an almost exact JPS livery and gets away with it quite easily, Williams shows up with colours reverting to their current sponsors and it is immediately risky due to the Rothmans livery. The colours arent even close!
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender