Croatia plans a interesting track

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Croatia plans a interesting track

I am not sure if this will ever happen, but track is very interesting. It is supposed to be located in a small valley and has a stream running through it.

Do away with turns 6 and 18 and you have a circuit with just one heavy breaking.

The stretch from the hairpin (turn 7) to last turn (turn 18) is just so old school.

Even if not built it is a great track for PC games.

PlatinumZealot

Re: Croatia plans a interesting track

The left part looks like Suzuka esses. And that big hexagon shaped turn in the middle reminds me of Korea and Turkey turn 8.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

manchild
manchild

Tilke already designed it. If I'm not mistaken, Slavica Ecclestone still has influence over the FOM, and she is from Croatia. Last but not the least, Zrinko Gregurek from Croatia is Jean Tod's closest assosiate at the top of the FIA. On the third pic you can see him looking into Tilke's design. Knowing how the big business works, I'd call this a done deal.

The name of the circuit is "Motodrom Zagreb" (motodrom derived from German "motodrome" - permanent racing circuit, while Zagreb is the name of Croatian capital near the location of the circuit.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/03/ ... n-croatia/
Last edited by manchild on 07 Mar 2011, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Arterius
Arterius

It looks like a simplified version of the new US F1 track.

Carmack

Looks like a mix of other tracks to me. Right we have a copy of Hockenheim start/finish straight, then a fast right-hander, a fast 3in1 corner like Turkey, long straight, a familiar shaped right-hander (I don't know which track it reminds me to...), Suzuka esses, and finally fast sweeping chicanes that we find in France, too.

Should be interesting, though :)

Pup
Pup

Carmack wrote:Looks like a mix of other tracks to me.
Looks like a xerox of the USGP to me.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Looks too mickey mouse.

mep

On the first glance it looks interesting but after looking closer you realize that there is nothing special on this track. I can just see one potential overtaking opportunity. Apart from the S-section its seems like the design lacks some "natural flow" but for sure overtaking won’t be possible there. This multi apex corner could be nice but it is just followed by a very tight corner. By this the bend gets destroyed. It's to tight packed there. Then you have this very looong China like straight. The only overtaking spot I can see but however such straights are rather boring. It's better to have some very fast sweeping bends like the multi apex turn in such a passage. Seems like Tilke keeps on following the idea to have tight turns followed by long straights and a tight turn again. He prolly thinks this is the key to overtaking I doubt it is. It just leads to boring races.

Pup
Pup

Yeah, its sort of like they started with the USGP layout and then got rid of the passing.

I wonder if this is a reflection of Tilke's original plan for Austin, before they told him what to do. :wink:

horse

Arterius wrote:It looks like a simplified version of the new US F1 track.
Croatia:

Austin:

"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

mep

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
It really is a copy.
Ooooh Tilke you are soo poor.
Well maybe there is a chance that this are just fake news.

Goran2812
Goran2812

I'm from Croatia, and i'd be really happy if we could host a GP once, but this track is horrible... If we put a side the fact that it's a somewhat a simplified version of the Austin GP track... it's boring! no elevation changes, or anything... yuck...
Visit my photo page! -> http://www.gorankphoto.com/formula1

Pandamasque

There must be a 3rd track coming. I suppose when you buy two copies of the same design 3rd comes for free.

PS: so this is why Todt looks so... tense on the photo. He's trying not to LOL

beelsebob
beelsebob

mep wrote:On the first glance it looks interesting but after looking closer you realize that there is nothing special on this track. I can just see one potential overtaking opportunity. Apart from the S-section its seems like the design lacks some "natural flow" but for sure overtaking won’t be possible there. This multi apex corner could be nice but it is just followed by a very tight corner. By this the bend gets destroyed. It's to tight packed there. Then you have this very looong China like straight. The only overtaking spot I can see but however such straights are rather boring. It's better to have some very fast sweeping bends like the multi apex turn in such a passage. Seems like Tilke keeps on following the idea to have tight turns followed by long straights and a tight turn again. He prolly thinks this is the key to overtaking I doubt it is. It just leads to boring races.
The one potential overtaknig spot is not even that interesting – it's immediately after a very high speed downforce based turn, so a following car will wash out on it, and not be close enough into the straight to overtake.

Pierce89

beelsebob wrote:
mep wrote:On the first glance it looks interesting but after looking closer you realize that there is nothing special on this track. I can just see one potential overtaking opportunity. Apart from the S-section its seems like the design lacks some "natural flow" but for sure overtaking won’t be possible there. This multi apex corner could be nice but it is just followed by a very tight corner. By this the bend gets destroyed. It's to tight packed there. Then you have this very looong China like straight. The only overtaking spot I can see but however such straights are rather boring. It's better to have some very fast sweeping bends like the multi apex turn in such a passage. Seems like Tilke keeps on following the idea to have tight turns followed by long straights and a tight turn again. He prolly thinks this is the key to overtaking I doubt it is. It just leads to boring races.
The one potential overtaknig spot is not even that interesting – it's immediately after a very high speed downforce based turn, so a following car will wash out on it, and not be close enough into the straight to overtake.
@Bob: What's up with the necrophelia
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher