Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
volarchico
volarchico

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Blackout wrote:And they also mounted real sidepod deflectors...

http://www.sutton-images.com/previews/dcd1109ma08.jpg
So they barely modify their sidepods, but they introduce full-size sidepod deflectors. This is not looking good for those who thought the stubby deflectors indicated that the sidepods were going to be radically changed.

bot6
bot6

Still no radius between pod bodywork and floor...

Raptor22
Raptor22

Ben74 wrote:According to AMuS Mercedes will run the old car today.
Wie wir gerade erfahren haben, wird Mercedes heute noch mit dem alten Auto fahren. Die Updates werden schrittweise ab morgen eingeführt. Nico Rosberg war nicht begeistert: "Ich würde schon langsam gerne wissen, wo wir stehen."
Translated
As we have just learned, Mercedes is today still take the old car. The updates will be phased in as of tomorrow. Nico Rosberg was not impressed: "I'd been slow to know where we stand."

that translation is not good.
Rosberg is saying It would be happy to slowly understand where we stand (in relation to the other teams)

I.e. He means even if they add one new bit at a time he wants to start evaluatng their true position with the new components.

Raptor22
Raptor22

volarchico wrote:
Blackout wrote:And they also mounted real sidepod deflectors...

http://www.sutton-images.com/previews/dcd1109ma08.jpg
So they barely modify their sidepods, but they introduce full-size sidepod deflectors. This is not looking good for those who thought the stubby deflectors indicated that the sidepods were going to be radically changed.
I believe they are evaluating the new exhaust system today so they have mounted those flow improvers to better understand the contribution of the exhaust to the flow.

We see the full upgrade tomorrow.

volarchico
volarchico

Raptor22 wrote:We see the full upgrade tomorrow.
Anxious for tomorrow, and I hope you're right! I'm not a Merc fan, but I'd like to see them competitive.

FrukostScones

Raptor22 wrote:
We see the full upgrade tomorrow.
how do you know?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

xpensive
xpensive

Nothing short of brilliant, why me and seg will now eat the humble pie, not to mention the entire nomex-suit.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Onch

zgred wrote:Image
Funny that the shark vents seem to be have been taped up from inside.
Probably ran out of time to get proper 'blank' panels in time for testing.

Raptor22
Raptor22

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9339&p=230964#p230964

What do I spy with my little eye in this picture..?

Blackout

It's a modified 2008 Honda

Raptor22
Raptor22

ah that is possible..

maybe thisis the master plan? the 2008 car is better than the 2011 car!

mep

This would explain why they had this old Honda on exhibition branded as Mercedes.

Raptor22
Raptor22

Onch wrote:
zgred wrote:Image
Funny that the shark vents seem to be have been taped up from inside.
Probably ran out of time to get proper 'blank' panels in time for testing.

I believe the ambient temp today is to max out at 13Degrees Celcius so its not particulalry warm. But I guess if the pods are going to change why do you want to go through the effort of making blank panels for them when duct tape works well enough.

segedunum
segedunum

Well, they've obviously been trying to desperately chuck out parts at short notice in the past couple of weeks so I will politely reserve complete judgement until the end of the test until I start tucking into a Nomex snack. They have a good few days of testing. They need to use them, but wasting even more time running their old car doesn't sound good. Every second counts now.

To be honest, I'm just desperate to see any team whatsoever, no matter how desperate they look, step up to the plate to make sure Red Bull isn't ten country miles down the road.

Med4224

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89815

Mercedes GP has elected to take a step-by-step approach to delivering its Melbourne Grand Prix upgrade package at this week's Barcelona test.

With the new W02 featuring a revised exhaust layout and other bodywork tweaks during Wednesday's running, the team has confirmed that further updates are scheduled for the next three days.

Although the team has not confirmed exactly what these updates will be, they are believed to include revised sidepods, front wing and perhaps further tweaks to the exhaust configuration. The team is testing from today until Saturday.
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein