Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Predator

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Looks like revised endplates and cascades to me? And again the small slots are visible.

bot6
bot6

Maestro272 -> Sure, but they kept it under wraps for so long I was hoping for something a little more adventurous...

Mandrake
Mandrake

I asked this question a couple of pages ago already but didn't get an answer:

Can we still see the side impact crash structure in the Sidepod? This was our main argument for the pods to change.....I can still see it there, given that it really is the crash structure.....the car is still illegal then?

bot6
bot6

kris wrote:Is there a new inverted L shape on the Front wing elements? (seen on the left side near the petronas lettering)
Yes, it's a bit thinner...

JohnsonsEvilTwin

There is a hint of flex going on. Bodyroll will account for some of it, but not all of it.
Without seeing both side of the floor it will be impossible to conclude. But its seems to be turn 5 from the angle and inclination of the corner.
Im looking at comparing the front wing of the Red Bull in the same corner if I can find it, and also of those of the pre modded W02.
More could have been done.
David Purley

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mandrake wrote:I asked this question a couple of pages ago already but didn't get an answer:

Can we still see the side impact crash structure in the Sidepod? This was our main argument for the pods to change.....I can still see it there, given that it really is the crash structure.....the car is still illegal then?
Who knows Mandrake.

It certainly isnt good for aero, so maybe they have a solution which has yet to be passed as safe. Maybe they dont.
David Purley

atanatizante

It`s a Renault-esque upper "shovel" wing ... much smaller then previous one
But why they bended the pillars next to the main plain wing?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

JohnsonsEvilTwin

David Purley

bot6
bot6

I think that my biggest problem with that front wing (apart from the fact that it's just the old one with a hole in it) is that it's just plain ugly with all its straight lines...

raymondu999

New endplates:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mandrake
Mandrake

^ God those rims are gorgeous! And Schumacher seems to smiling under the helmet "muahahahah new update is guuuuuuuuuut"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mandrake wrote:^ God those rims are gorgeous! And Schumacher seems to smiling under the helmet "muahahahah new update is guuuuuuuuuut"
:lol:
David Purley

kris
kris

bot6 wrote:I think that my biggest problem with that front wing (apart from the fact that it's just the old one with a hole in it) is that it's just plain ugly with all its straight lines...
Also no three element wing which was being suggested by many. Hoping they have it for the start in Australia

atanatizante

New small fins on the side of the nose ... horizontal now, in order to channel downward the clean air to the diffuser?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

raymondu999

They're just the cameras for the TV
失败者找理由,成功者找方法