Mercedes GP 2011

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mgpw02
mgpw02

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Being a hardcore Schumacher fan have been waiting to see something like this for a rather long time =D>

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

mgpw02 wrote:Being a hardcore Schumacher fan have been waiting to see something like this for a rather long time =D>
Welcome to the forum! Based on your nickname, I take it you're one of us?
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

marcush.
marcush.

they cannot be fast without cheating.In fact RedBull are cheating alreadfy so how can anyone match their times?
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-no part of the bodywork is allowed to flex vertically more than 3mm(last year 5) relative to the reference plane under ALL conditions.to state it passes all tests is not confirming it´s legal...- please forgive not quating the original words of the FIA regs but basically that´s what they wrote.

mgpw02
mgpw02

NewtonMeter wrote:
mgpw02 wrote:Being a hardcore Schumacher fan have been waiting to see something like this for a rather long time =D>
Welcome to the forum! Based on your nickname, I take it you're one of us?
Thank you. To be very honest a bigger of Schumi than the car he drives but definitely a bigger fan of Mercedes than Ferrari.

mgpw02
mgpw02

been tracking this forum for sometime since Michael joined Mercedes but I thought to myself I am joining this only after i see a new front wing in that MGP W02 :D

Honestly I developed a dislike for that front wing after a rather sorry 2010 campaign for Mercedes and was really looking for some positive developments for so long. Thankfully change is here and I hope its all for good of Mercedes and Michael

Raptor22
Raptor22

marcush. wrote:they cannot be fast without cheating.In fact RedBull are cheating alreadfy so how can anyone match their times?

-no part of the bodywork is allowed to flex vertically more than 3mm(last year 5) relative to the reference plane under ALL conditions.to state it passes all tests is not confirming it´s legal...- please forgive not quating the original words of the FIA regs but basically that´s what they wrote.

yeah that what I understand too but it then the measurement are not taken using representative loads.

bot6
bot6

marcush. wrote:they cannot be fast without cheating.In fact RedBull are cheating alreadfy so how can anyone match their times?

Last year's red bull front wing was definitely flexing more than 5mm. And this year's flexes even more...

So are you saying RB are being helped to cheat by the FIA?

Raptor22
Raptor22

No RedBull are great because thy have the worlds most talented F1 engineer and pundit, Segedumbum under their employ

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

bot6 wrote:

Last year's red bull front wing was definitely flexing more than 5mm. And this year's flexes even more...

So are you saying RB are being helped to cheat by the FIA?
The problem is evidence. The tests are the only thing the FIA can really do to enforce the rules, but the static tests alone are proving not to be enough.

There are two solutions:-

1. Introduce new tests that are conducted while the car is in motion. Sensor rigs could be put on the car during practice, it's sent out to do a lap, and the FIA check the readings.

2. Introduce more standard components. Standardised wing sections made from stiffer materials.

Option 2 seems more like something the FIA would do, plus it would probably be cheaper and more successful. Look at ECUs, they couldn't find a way to easily ban certain driver aids, so they took control of the component that powers them.

mgpw02
mgpw02

Raptor22 wrote:No RedBull are great because thy have the worlds most talented F1 engineer and pundit, Segedumbum under their employ
Let's see what Brawn and Mercedes hold for this season before passing a verdict on Newey. I still believe Brawn has been the best around in F1.

adrianjordan

Yes. I could see the 2013 regulations mandating a standard main wing section that the teams then build the rest of their wing onto - you'd still have the variation in terms of endplates and upper elements etc, but the main wing profile would be standard.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

adrianjordan

mgpw02 wrote:I still believe Brawn has been the best around in F1.
No, he can't be because he never ran a 3 element front wing on his cars...oh wait, he did on the BGP01..!! :lol: </sarcasm>

(Welcome to the forum mgpw02, you're new round here so may miss that my sarcasm was not aimed at you but rather at another infamous member.)
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

bot6
bot6

Diesel wrote:
The problem is evidence. The tests are the only thing the FIA can really do to enforce the rules, but the static tests alone are proving not to be enough.

There are two solutions:-

1. Introduce new tests that are conducted while the car is in motion. Sensor rigs could be put on the car during practice, it's sent out to do a lap, and the FIA check the readings.

2. Introduce more standard components. Standardised wing sections made from stiffer materials.

Option 2 seems more like something the FIA would do, plus it would probably be cheaper and more successful. Look at ECUs, they couldn't find a way to easily ban certain driver aids, so they took control of the component that powers them.
The thing is, they could also use race pictures. There is plenty of technology that can be used nowadays to reverse engineer a shape from a simple photograph.

I know this because I use it for sail shapes on racing yachts.

There is a way to do it. Are the FIA ready to use it? That's another question...

adrianjordan -> Are you implying mgpw02 is going to become just as infamous?
Just playing. Welcome mgpw02! I guess you're on the right thread...

mgpw02
mgpw02

adrianjordan wrote:
mgpw02 wrote:I still believe Brawn has been the best around in F1.
No, he can't be because he never ran a 3 element front wing on his cars...oh wait, he did on the BGP01..!! :lol: </sarcasm>

(Welcome to the forum mgpw02, you're new round here so may miss that my sarcasm was not aimed at you but rather at another infamous member.)
Happens, I am sure it won't be long before I am targeted too for my obsession with Michael Schumacher. :)

Raptor22
Raptor22

mgpw02 wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:No RedBull are great because thy have the worlds most talented F1 engineer and pundit, Segedumbum under their employ
Let's see what Brawn and Mercedes hold for this season before passing a verdict on Newey. I still believe Brawn has been the best around in F1.

Oh sorry mate, you're new around here. Newey is not Segedumbum. Segedumbum is segef=dumbum a forum member is far superior intellect to anyone in F1 bar Adrian NEwey whom he exalts as a diety of sorts.
this Sege character is fond fo stating the obviously and hen take leaps of anger and launches into tirades about how incompetant the BAR/HONDA/BRawn?Mercedes crew are. He will then proceed to solcve all the ccars problems by saying it should look like a Redbull.
He offers little value in any discussion although I do view him as entertaining in a comedic sort of way. He is the Prince of conjunction, double standards and must have a cartilagenous skeleton because you can cut off his arms and he'll grow new ones tomorrow.

All this is relevant to the W02 because clearly its not a dog.