McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ell66
ell66

Re: McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

raymondu999 wrote:Do you mean further? lol. Sepang's sweepers plays right into the hands of the two Bulls
hardly, theres 2 very long straights and last year they wenr much faster than the mclarens there.

ringo

This car works well.
It's not the best but it was pretty good in australia. Especially looking at button vs Massa.
The mclaren is definitely sure footed. I can't complain, though i would like to see them close the gap to redbull.
This would require some drastic updates later down.

Any word on Hamilton's splitter failure?
The car didn't do much running in testing, so maybe they didn't know how the flexi wing would push the car further into the ground.
The splitter seeemed to be damaged coming out of the last turn.
For Sure!!

michl420
michl420

The DRS of Button working only to 40%. You can see it on tv. I think the hydraulic had not enought pressure. That need a little development but this should be easy, and Mclaren had another work to do in preseason testing. Same for Splitter.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

michl420 wrote:The DRS of Button working only to 40%. You can see it on tv.
Are you sure? The flap is only meant to seperate 50mm, not just open fully. The only reason it goes flat on the Merc for example is because the flap is only 50mm wide.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Rino

ringo wrote:Any word on Hamilton's splitter failure?
The car didn't do much running in testing, so maybe they didn't know how the flexi wing would push the car further into the ground.
The splitter seeemed to be damaged coming out of the last turn.
Isn't this the moment in which splitter was broken?
zgred wrote:Image

beelsebob
beelsebob

Isn't this the moment in which splitter was broken?
No, in fact, on the BBC coverage, Martin brundle's words went roughly along the lines of "Hamilton's splitter's broke... oh and he's gone off as well". It happened around this time, but wasn't caused by the off, quite the reverse.

peroa
peroa

Nope, he already arrived with the bib scraping the tarmac.
Easy on the Appletini!

wesley123
wesley123

michl420 wrote:The DRS of Button working only to 40%. You can see it on tv. I think the hydraulic had not enought pressure. That need a little development but this should be easy, and Mclaren had another work to do in preseason testing. Same for Splitter.
I would love to see how an on and off switch can work just for 40 percent. same as a lamp, you can turn it on and off, not somehwere in between
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob
beelsebob

I would love to see how an on and off switch can work just for 40 percent. same as a lamp, you can turn it on and off, not somehwere in between
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimmer

myurr
myurr

wesley123 wrote:
michl420 wrote:The DRS of Button working only to 40%. You can see it on tv. I think the hydraulic had not enought pressure. That need a little development but this should be easy, and Mclaren had another work to do in preseason testing. Same for Splitter.
There may be some confusion as McLarens flap doesn't appear to open as wide as some of the others due to a different configuration. Button's DRS was operating just fine.

copperkipper1
copperkipper1

No the floor part of the McLaren i'm sure was just a failure in a component which holds it onto the car. Most likely when he started braking for the corner. Then coming out of the corner he went off track.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

Seriously, I am beginning to think that a ban on posting such animated GIF's would be very healthful for this forum.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

vall
vall

Dragonfly wrote:Seriously, I am beginning to think that a ban on posting such animated GIF's would be very healthful for this forum.
why? Last year all McLaren fans are going crazy after suck videos of the Bulls :D

Formula None
Formula None

Exhaust at Australia:

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

McLaren were 4kph quicker through the speed trap, Malaysia has much longer straights which can only help. If Red-Bull don't have KERS it could be great in the race.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)