OT Car Comparison Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
AbbaleRacing77
AbbaleRacing77

Re: McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

Getting everything balanced and working together holds the most potential for early season gains especially when its a new car. A car with the most downforce that isnt balanced and twitchy is worthless. I think Mclaren did a good job testing new components and getting them to work together enabling there drivers to get into that groove. If the car is stable you can always push a little harder...

kakogohrena
kakogohrena

Afterburner wrote:
kakogohrena wrote:.....
Why did you deleted the Mclaren flexy nose/wing picture?
I think image gif was incorrect. Sorry. :oops:

timbo
timbo

Oh, a floor défilé. I almost forgot that happens=)

kemalcan

that is a bit amateurish delivery by knowing the fact about people want to see the floor of any car during the season. Since the DDD ban maybe it's not a big issue, but good for us :D

raymondu999

Could they be decoys? Easy targets for photogs so that they ignore the real packages? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

jason.parker.86
jason.parker.86

I am almost sure that if Ron Dennis was at the helm the floors would have been abit more "covered". Unbelievable how they are just roaming up and down the paddock with them... they might as well just leave the MP4-26 blueprints out for any old tom dick and harry to see.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

I am sure that those most interested about Macca's floor already know enough. The rest of the public simply has no effect even if given the chance of close inspection. You hide something that's really worth hiding.

or
show something of less worth to deflect attention from the worthy one :)
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

Coefficient
Coefficient

As the floor is flat as mandated by the regulations there is little to see anyway. Also, when were these photos taken? Could it be possible that these floors were being packed away after the drivers decided they didn't like them? I doubt they'd be too bothered about other teams copying something that didn't work. In fact they'd probably encourage it.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

astracrazy
astracrazy

i really don't see there's much to copy.

If it was something they really felt would gain time then they'd hide it.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

jason.parker.86 wrote:I am almost sure that if Ron Dennis was at the helm the floors would have been abit more "covered". Unbelievable how they are just roaming up and down the paddock with them... they might as well just leave the MP4-26 blueprints out for any old tom dick and harry to see.
Can you please highlight on the photos what elements we can see that would be interesting to other teams?

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Can't see them here

ell66
ell66

Owen.C93 wrote:Image

I wonder if they will use an updated titanium diffuser or the Carbon Fibre one.

EDIT: Can you guys see these pictures? Or do I need to rehost them?

rehost them bro.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

So I guess Newey decided to help his old team, eh? That's an EXACT copy of the RB design, so it's new for this week. Well they say imitation is the sincere-est form of flattery ..

How pathetic the McLaren design staff must feel ..

Daffron
Daffron

BreezyRacer wrote:So I guess Newey decided to help his old team, eh? That's an EXACT copy of the RB design, so it's new for this week. Well they say imitation is the sincere-est form of flattery ..

How pathetic the McLaren design staff must feel ..
Are you being serious or just trolling?

They look nothing alike:

You must have thought every other teams engineers felt pathetic last year when they copied McLaren's F duct?

Poleman

Daffron wrote:You must have thought every other teams engineers felt pathetic last year when they copied McLaren's F duct?
+1 =D>

You know for some people its easier to troll instead of having something constructive to say.