Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

Didn't n_smikle say that STR would DEFINITELY be 3rd fastest? And that they're faster than McLaren? :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

bot6
bot6

Again saying they are not performing as expected depends on said expectations.

They did move up compared to last year, their performance is consistent and they seem to be in the points run at every race. And this year they actually have a properly in-house designed and built car. So it's a major step up. They are where I expected them to be: top of the midfield but still behind the top teams.

The real surprise is Renault and - to a lesser extent - Sauber performing as well as they are, not Torro Rosso underperforming. And I'm guessing they will have some updates for the return to Europe.

Byronrhys

raymondu999 wrote:Didn't n_smikle say that STR would DEFINITELY be 3rd fastest? And that they're faster than McLaren? :lol:
LOL and he was so sure!!!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PlatinumZealot

The car is not unlocked. :wink:
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

raymondu999

So we gave you an extra race. You said you'd reveal your methods after the first. Now give.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Byronrhys

n smikle wrote:The car is not unlocked. :wink:
so is the 92A :lol: , the STR6 is a decent midfield car though, They should work on Improving drivability and optimizing their exhaust, the concept is there now taking it past just being a double floor will be the hard part.

Poleman

n smikle wrote:The car is not unlocked. :wink:
Neither McLaren is.Yet is 2nd fastest car at the moment.

raymondu999

Define "unlocked," and how you both know that the McL and STR are "locked"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

I don´t think so .TR was at the end of their development in preseason testing quite early and started extensive pitstop practising ,a clear sign they had the
impression they understood their winterwork fully and have to wait for new ideas to be ready to get stuck to the car.That´s not- not unlocked - to me.
It´s a decent car and honestly speaking neither Buemi nor Algesuari do impress me
enough.They are closely matched most of the time and this is a clear indicator that both are not so special (compared to Vettel ,Alonso,Hamilton) and slot in as
the liuzzi ,Speed ... type of racer.Decent but not F1 champion material.

PlatinumZealot

raymondu999 wrote:Define "unlocked," and how you both know that the McL and STR are "locked"
Unlocked is "Martin Speak" for realizing and acting on the path that leads to full potential. So when TR is unlocked it will be when the engineers realise and execute the design path to full potential.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

FrukostScones

new exhaust details, have not seen the shielding before? (feel free to overtrump me with a bigger version of the photo)

at horse: :?
Last edited by FrukostScones on 14 Apr 2011, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

horse

Why not just go for a full RBR system, that's what I want to know?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

FrukostScones wrote:new exhaust details, have not seen the shielding before? (feel free to overtrump me with a bigger version of the photo)
ok:

horse

Double post.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ringo

really pushing the regs with this one, but as long as it's bellow the the 20mm gurney limit it's ok.
For Sure!!