OT Car Comparison Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Ratatouille
Ratatouille

Re: McLaren MP4-26 Mercedes

Poleman wrote:
Daffron wrote:You must have thought every other teams engineers felt pathetic last year when they copied McLaren's F duct?
+1 =D>

You know for some people its easier to troll instead of having something constructive to say.
I guess all teams do feel pathetic to use carbon fibre as well, being that Mclaren pioneered its use in F1.

Who is this moron anyway?

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Look at the exit position, the exhaust laid flat, the slot design between the tire and the diffuser box then tell me it's not an exact copy. It is. That's what I'm talking about ..

Granted the floor is dramatically different because of the McLaren's fat ass bodywork. No offense intended :lol:

The F duct was a blatant illegal driver controlled aerodynamic device but I have to say for the F1 community it was quite clever. The idea itself has been around since WW2.

I'm just another moron BTW.

Poleman

BreezyRacer wrote:Look at the exit position, the exhaust laid flat, the slot design between the tire and the diffuser box then tell me it's not an exact copy. It is. That's what I'm talking about ..
I havent seen you moaning about this though...

Is your copying problem related to McLaren only? :?

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

OT Car Comparison Thread

thestig84 wrote:
BreezyRacer wrote:
Your words not mine!! Sorry but there is clearly a performance advantage from blowing the outer edges of the diffuser (as scarbs said ages ago). Most probably most of the teams will converge on this design. Williams said they will have it in Turkey. For me this is not remotely like copying the F-duct. That was totally original one off idea....this is an exhaust position most teams would end up with anyway.
Yes, I've been all about blown diffusers ever since Newey put them on the 09 car. The exhaust along the rear tires isolates the diffuser box from the tire turbulence. Yes the RB placement, etc is pretty optimum (excluding the forward exit exhaust of the Renaults, which I believe is better). And BTW, Williams also has the RB exhaust this weekend. So now we have McLaren, Ferrari, and Williams doing pretty much a straight copy of the RB design. More to come, from Lotus, etc too.

Hangaku

BreezyRacer wrote:
thestig84 wrote:
BreezyRacer wrote:
Your words not mine!! Sorry but there is clearly a performance advantage from blowing the outer edges of the diffuser (as scarbs said ages ago). Most probably most of the teams will converge on this design. Williams said they will have it in Turkey. For me this is not remotely like copying the F-duct. That was totally original one off idea....this is an exhaust position most teams would end up with anyway.
Yes, I've been all about blown diffusers ever since Newey put them on the 09 car. The exhaust along the rear tires isolates the diffuser box from the tire turbulence. Yes the RB placement, etc is pretty optimum (excluding the forward exit exhaust of the Renaults, which I believe is better). And BTW, Williams also has the RB exhaust this weekend. So now we have McLaren, Ferrari, and Williams doing pretty much a straight copy of the RB design. More to come, from Lotus, etc too.
RedBull copied McLaren by starting an F1 team.

My point is ridiculous, and it's identical to yours.
Yer.

PlatinumZealot

Yes, RedBull tested the triangle undercut before the first race. this one is a little different though.

πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028

RAF
RAF

Wow! is it such a big deal that one team copied another? Everyone copied the DDD when it was deemed legal. It doesn't detract from a team to copy the best ideas that another puts in place. The speed at which they are copied should be a positive thing rather than crying about it. Copying has happened in F1 since it began. Why should one give a massive sh@t about it?

ringo

RAF wrote:Wow! is it such a big deal that one team copied another? Everyone copied the DDD when it was deemed legal. It doesn't detract from a team to copy the best ideas that another puts in place. The speed at which they are copied should be a positive thing rather than crying about it. Copying has happened in F1 since it began. Why should one give a massive sh@t about it?

On this forum, some take offense if it is even mentioned that copying is a part of F1. They don't like to hear it. Funny now that they are just seeing that convergence is not as imaginary as they though it was.
I can't wait to jump back into the pullrod vs push rod thread. :lol:
For Sure!!

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

BreezyRacer wrote: The F duct was a blatant illegal driver controlled aerodynamic device but I have to say for the F1 community it was quite clever.
Not illegal according to the FIA - which is good enough to allow RedBull to run an otherwise illegal wing. Hey, great this isn't it?

And Newey is on record as stating the f-duct was very clever and he wished he'd thought of it...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

It's interesting to see the Red Bull fan boys start to sweat now McLaren are nipping at their heels.

If copying was so easy in F1 everybody would have turned up with cars that looked exactly like the RB6. Understanding the concepts that make a car fast are more important that applying them.

kalinka
kalinka

Diesel wrote:It's interesting to see the Red Bull fan boys start to sweat now McLaren are nipping at their heels.

If copying was so easy in F1 everybody would have turned up with cars that looked exactly like the RB6. Understanding the concepts that make a car fast are more important that applying them.
+1 well said ,and let's stop this off-topic BS anyway.

PlatinumZealot

Re: OT Car Comparison Thread

That only helps copying better if you have the capability. example Mclaren.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Racing Green in 2028