Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Mercedes GP W02

then i would like to know when they actually changed because i have not seen it, yesterday it was not there, this morning it was not there and now it is not there either.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

wesley123 wrote:then i would like to know when they actually changed because i have not seen it, yesterday it was not there, this morning it was not there and now it is not there either.
I don't think the pictures of random team members posted on page 144 are meant to be there, I have a feeling they were W02 images but the links changed.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

adrianjordan

I want to know where the Honda guys who took the RA106 and turned it from a car that was nothing special at the beginning of 2006, to a car that allowed Jenson Button to score more points than any other driver from Hungary on, have gone?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

dan
dan

Ferraripilot wrote:
N12ck wrote:what do you make of this : http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f ... ign=racing

Heavy words no doubt and he might be right, but I can't imagine all to be completely lost at this stage. It's times like this when MB really needs to prove their engineering worth and make lemonade from this lemon.
hang on is this 2010 again didn't they have a similar problem last year? the weight distribution problem they tried to make the car longer?

PlatinumZealot

adrianjordan wrote:I want to know where the Honda guys who took the RA106 and turned it from a car that was nothing special at the beginning of 2006, to a car that allowed Jenson Button to score more points than any other driver from Hungary on, have gone?
They went to a Swiss bank near you.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

siskue2005

dan wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote:
N12ck wrote:what do you make of this : http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/f ... ign=racing

Heavy words no doubt and he might be right, but I can't imagine all to be completely lost at this stage. It's times like this when MB really needs to prove their engineering worth and make lemonade from this lemon.
hang on is this 2010 again didn't they have a similar problem last year? the weight distribution problem they tried to make the car longer?
So can they change the chassiss this season?
I read somewhere that the chassis homologation rule is taken out this season, is it true>??

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

IIRC isn't it Hans-Joachim Stuck who said the 2004 Ferrari is nothing special and will be a dog?
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

siskue2005

did the Mercs set their fastest time with their new Front wing?
Anyone who saw the practice plz confirm

mtec80
mtec80

Yes he is the one. There are many people out there producing 'hot air'. It's much more easier to criticize others instead of doing it better... Also Christian Danner (from German RTL) is always bashing Michael for every little thing - he has forgotten that he was and is the worst German driver ever in formula one.

You can assume, that in case of first victory for Michael (yes I really hope this will happen:) 99% of that people will take start up to creep into someones a....

atanatizante

Could there be a possibility that Mercedes adopted the smallest flap on the grid just for the reason the air flow not to get forward but to get backwards under the main plain, hence stalling it, therefore decreasing drag and also DF ?

It seems that top teams RB and McLaren are deploying DRS even in some turns and always sooner then others by the entry of a straight line because they have tones of DF ...

In FP2, on the hot lap with soft tires, when they simulate a qualy lap, Michael didn`t used KERS, and later on the session his race engineer was saying that there are some trouble with it ... yet another KERS issue?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

JohnsonsEvilTwin

The noises come from the camp this weekend are giving me some heart. The team have changed the way do setups on Friday. Instead of the usual light running the team have done over the last 16 months, they ran heavy fuel loads and still got respectable times.
But still 2 things are happening, issues with KERS and DRS.... :evil:
More could have been done.
David Purley

bot6
bot6

So the Mercedes did reverse to the Barcelona testing spec floor, bodywork and exhaust exits (slanted cut pipe as opposed to pipe exiting through the hole) and are using the Mark II wing. The only things they kept on from the post-Barcelona upgrades are the monkey seat and the Sauber-like chimneys.

I thought they had sorted their KERS issues, but apparently Schumi's was out of commission for most of today.

Going back to the Barça spec seems to be working for them, they tested only on heavy fuel loads today and are still right on the behind of the McLarens.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Begs the question why the team didnt start the season whith what they knew worked.
More could have been done.
David Purley

bot6
bot6

Well, bringing a new floor at the first GP is understandable. And I'm thinking they still don't quite know why the new floor wasn't working as expected, possibly a manufacturing problem more than a design one. The two specs (Oz / Barça) seem quite close apart from the Oz spec being better finished, the exhaust cutout being slightly different and the extra turning vane for the exhaust on the Barça spec.

It is strange however that they did not bring those parts back in Sepang, at least just to try the old spec again. Maybe shipping time between the decision to switch back to the testing spec and the race meant they only got the parts for China and not Sepang.

dren

It looks like the car can be competitive when everything is working. Let's hope it all comes together for the race. Schumacher has great starts and can gain several positions, so hopefully he can qualify in the top 10 this time.
Honda!