Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Mercedes GP W02

maybe they got asked:
what is the difference between barcelona and Melbourne spec?
We did this and that improvement
Did you back to back test the test specification to the improvements?
No
So go and do that...Board meetings tend to be straightforward especially when you cannopt prove something black and white.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

marcush. wrote:maybe they got asked:
what is the difference between barcelona and Melbourne spec?
We did this and that improvement
Did you back to back test the test specification to the improvements?
No
So go and do that...Board meetings tend to be straightforward especially when you cannopt prove something black and white.
You reckon a board meeting dictated the current W02 guise?

I say they knew what worked before and what had undoubted pace, and added some "enhancers" and got stuck. Reverese engineered and hey presto, back in the mix :)
Although its still far to early to say as Mercedes traditionally do well friday only for everything to fall to pieces on saturday.

Their news that the fuel loads where far heavier than normal is music to my ears!
More could have been done.
David Purley

marcush.
marcush.

I think Norbert and ross face the board now on a weekly base and report what they have done and what they will do and what i´s going to happen.The pressure must be
immense and I don´t think there is anything they could discuss there.
It´s just the suits will demand some things good or bad but you need to showboat noweven if it´s not helpful for the task ahead.These guys are fighting to stay on board come european season.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

marcush. wrote:I think Norbert and ross face the board now on a weekly base and report what they have done and what they will do and what i´s going to happen.The pressure must be
It´s just the suits will demand some things good or bad but you need to showboat noweven if it´s not helpful for the task ahead.These guys are fighting to stay on board come european season.
What are the German media saying about this Marcush?

My browser wont translate! :(

I think these meetings are a waste. It will not help the W02 further up the grid, thats for sure.
David Purley

mantikos
mantikos

Any one have pics from today's session...I want to see what changes the car had

bot6
bot6

Brawn said that the team was having a complete debrief of what happened since Barcelona in order to find where the performance was lost. Apparently that process was still ongoing last weekend. And the result from this debrief was to reverse to Barça spec floor and bodywork apparently.

I don't know if that initiative comes from Mercedes Benz or from Brawn directly, but it seems to be a sound decision from what we've seen today. But the real test will be tomorrow and Sunday. Before some serious points are scored, this is still just good intentions.

marcush.
marcush.

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
marcush. wrote:I think Norbert and ross face the board now on a weekly base and report what they have done and what they will do and what i´s going to happen.The pressure must be
What are the German media saying about this Marcush?

My browser wont translate! :(

I think these meetings are a waste. It will not help the W02 further up the grid, thats for sure.

You would not read anything about this in the media.BUT it is reality ...I have encountered things like this -not in motorsports- and it is everything but not a help or even leading in the right direction.
Unfortunatelly i have not seen Zetsches speech a few days ago did he even mention F1? if not -rest assured Norby and Ross are history...

As ound dicision is a back to back test ..I don´t know what they did todays ..and interestingly nobody Schumacher ,Rosberg,Brawn or Haug even mentioned their switch back to Barcelona spec...Why?.. because it was demanded by higher forces,I suspect.

Faqct is ...if we do not see spectacular imrovements Mercedes will drop this at the end of 2012.So when you plan a major reshuffle to make the leap forward who would join the party -to build one car to be judged on-do or die .....so You will not get Newey or anyone from RedBull for that...
Last edited by marcush. on 15 Apr 2011, 16:59, edited 1 time in total.

bot6
bot6

Marcush, do you have any evidence supporting that weekly meeting theory? What are your sources?

adrianjordan

bot6 wrote:Marcush, do you have any evidence supporting that weekly meeting theory? What are your sources?
I would be surprised if they are holding meetings with the MB board every week. If for no other reason than I would have thought the MB board would have too many other things to do.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ferraripilot

Anyone able to tell if the car is running more rake? I know it was mentioned they would give that a shot, but then again their entire setup paradigm has changed for this race. It appears to be working thus far too.....

mantikos
mantikos

Ferraripilot wrote:Anyone able to tell if the car is running more rake? I know it was mentioned they would give that a shot, but then again their entire setup paradigm has changed for this race. It appears to be working thus far too.....
Any pics at all?! *crickets*

Ferraripilot

mantikos wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote:Anyone able to tell if the car is running more rake? I know it was mentioned they would give that a shot, but then again their entire setup paradigm has changed for this race. It appears to be working thus far too.....

I cannot find any that appear to be helpful, but I have noticed per watching both practices last night that the car seems even more pointy/oversteery than before which indicates to me that they may very well have raked the car more a half a degree or so. The tail is still very happy out of the corners. This car seems to -unsuprisingly- be the antithesis to the Mclaren which is very quick of the corners and planted at the back end yet not as quick into the keyhole.

mantikos
mantikos

Ferraripilot wrote:
mantikos wrote:

I cannot find any that appear to be helpful, but I have noticed per watching both practices last night that the car seems even more pointy/oversteery than before which indicates to me that they may very well have raked the car more a half a degree or so. The tail is still very happy out of the corners. This car seems to -unsuprisingly- be the antithesis to the Mclaren which is very quick of the corners and planted at the back end yet not as quick into the keyhole.
So you found some pics from FP for the Merc? please can you share the link as I have been unable to find ANY!

JohnsonsEvilTwin

David Purley

JohnsonsEvilTwin

David Purley