Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
horse

Re: Toro Rosso STR6 Ferrari

Which regulation is it Ringo?

What do you think they are using this for? Is it to concentrate the gases along the diffuser top or more to prevent them upsetting the airflow above it? I mean it does both, but I'm not convinced that exhaust gas is good for driving the Gurneys because of the turbulence.

Perhaps an RBR style system would upset the flow under the sidepods and this is the best compromise?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ringo

There's not specific regs, but if they can put a fin on the floor, we may see floor fins popping up all over the place.
But i guess if they stay bellow 20 or 50mm? they should be ok.

This look like an attempt to focus the energy to the side of the diffuser. I guess too much was being wasted after mixing with the air above it; which doesn't help as much.
Looks like they are torn between energizing their side pod flow by entrainment, and blowing the diffuser sides.
They may see a drag increase on the sidepod, slight reduction in diffuser over the top flow, but a massive increase in diffuser throat flow.
For Sure!!

horse

Yeah, I can see where you are coming from. It would be good to get a view from the rear of the car at it.
Last edited by horse on 14 Apr 2011, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

marekk
marekk

I'm slightly wondered, what is exhaust area in this solution and how do you measure and calculate it ?

StrFerrari4Ever

A great qualifying session for STR. Pleasantly surprised with the progress they seem to have made this weekend. Behind Mercedes on a par with FI at times sometimes ahead and ahead of Sauber & Williams. Considering that qualifying isn't their strongest part of the weekend today was good and tomorrow can be even better for the team. Here's to a good haul of points!

ringo

the car seems to be unlocking.
For Sure!!

marcush.
marcush.

forget it ..they were lucky with Webber ,Heidfeld and Scumacher dropping the ball that´s three outright quicker car/driver combos not delivering ...That´s hardly an increase in competitiveness.
Nevertheless they do incredibly well and deseve that result ,no question they have improved on last years car and are solid midfielders ...

ringo

buemi 5th in q2 so i think they are running well.
I agree renault dropped the ball, but shumi is a different story.
He's at home in Q2 nowadays. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

bar555
bar555

Toro Rosso STR6 – Diffuser update before Melbourne
http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com ... melbourne/
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

Formula None
Formula None

Good way to keep cornering speeds down & reduce tire spending by 25%. You listening Bernie?

bot6
bot6

Yes, but it's illegal, the car is underweight. :mrgreen:

Lindz

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Dragonfly wrote:
The FOZ wrote:edit...removed pic and associated question.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along...
There seem to be some letters, but more like a reflection IMO.
Tried to enhance the area.
This sounds weird, but it looks like it says 'Pit Art' to me. I have minimal explanation other than my fried who is an engine builder does 'piston art' on all his motors. Sharpie marker drawings or words usually, and just something of entertainment/hobby/eccentric value.

There are still humans on these teams, and some of these humans may possess comedic or entertaining skills.

Anyways, take that as you will...

Tubbs

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Might be clutching at straws here but that looks like O SPARE, or 10 SPARE to me, or something along those lines... maybe a spare part put on? they haven't ran this exhaust configuration in a the races yet with the metal fin have they? so maybe a practice part?

thats my guess :? hahaha

zgred

ajdavison2
ajdavison2

Surprised by how simple that front wing looks, no outer elements on the endplates and only a brawn/merc style cascade