Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Byronrhys

Re: Mercedes GP W02

SBR9 wrote:
analist01 wrote:ROSBERG THIRD UP WITH THE REDBULLS YEAAAH !

Im happy for the team but im quite disappointed, Schumacher has the same car as Rosber but didnt manage to qualify better then p8. The thing that worries me is that Schumacher's was moving his head and answering the question of Vettel what happened with i dont know , thats a bit worrying for me.....

I think Schumacher used the hard rubber and Rosberg used the option. for their Q3 runs
Naw, schumi said the car just didn't react the same way it did this morning with the grip levels, we all know he could have gone a lot faster and he knows it.
The lap was on softs. Merc should have given him a banker early on.

wesley123
wesley123

Byronrhys wrote:Naw, schumi said the car just didn't react the same way it did this morning with the grip levels, we all know he could have gone a lot faster and he knows it.
Ah common man it is always something with this schumi, but cant you(and others) just admit he is just too slow and too old? The grip levels is the worst excuse i have ever seen, he could (almost) win a championship in '94, '97 and '98 and that all where cars which werent that good, he could drive around the problems of the car, why cant he do it right now then? that is right, because he is too slow.

Just admit it, he is getting defeated on a daily basis by Rosberg and Schumi always have a problem, but you never see Rosberg having such problems. Is it more likely that Schumi is the only one having problems, or that he is just too slow and using this as excuse? I think last...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

JohnsonsEvilTwin

I have to say Schumachers qualifying is not up to Rosbergs standard. Rosberg can extract more from the W02 than Schumi when it matters, the last 16 months have shown us that.
But equally, Schumacher appears to be far more racey compared to his qualifying performance in actual races.
In china he drove fantastically well, albeit still outshone by his younger team mate.

I still think he is capable of winning in the W02, just needs the right set of circumstances.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Ferraripilot

I wouldn't argue that Rosberg has regularly been quicker, but it is very odd that Schu's Q3 lap was so substantially slower than his Q2 lap. Every qualifying session this year has been something going awry with the car, but the week always starts with him running well. Whether it's the wing, kers, or both he has certainly had some bad luck in there. I was hoping for him to at least beat Alonso for 5th spot but evidently something wasn't there for him.....

Schu is in a very different F1 than what he knows and I think this generational difference is what we are seeing here. It could be safe to say Schu is the master of the V10 super F1 cars with big fat front tires and blisteringly quick pace. A driver sort of wrestled the car around a track hoping they don't go off with all that power, while now with less downforce, smaller front tires, and less powerful engines it is all about surgical precision on one's lap which might be something Schu just hasn't got in him to change for.

siskue2005

wesley123 wrote:
Byronrhys wrote:Naw, schumi said the car just didn't react the same way it did this morning with the grip levels, we all know he could have gone a lot faster and he knows it.
Ah common man it is always something with this schumi, but cant you(and others) just admit he is just too slow and too old? The grip levels is the worst excuse i have ever seen, he could (almost) win a championship in '94, '97 and '98 and that all where cars which werent that good, he could drive around the problems of the car, why cant he do it right now then? that is right, because he is too slow.

Just admit it, he is getting defeated on a daily basis by Rosberg and Schumi always have a problem, but you never see Rosberg having such problems. Is it more likely that Schumi is the only one having problems, or that he is just too slow and using this as excuse? I think last...
Remarkable that he lost it and became too old suddenly from Q2 to Q3 :?

Ferraripilot

The all-of-the-sudden loss of huge grip upon Schu's pushing the car is terrifyingly unnerving and just plain odd as he looked so so good all week...... Roll problem? Suspension at the back end? Ugh...

wesley123
wesley123

siskue2005 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:

Uhh it is since his return constantly the same case, this not working, that not working and his team mate barely has these problems.

siskue2005

wesley123 wrote: Uhh it is since his return constantly the same case, this not working, that not working and his team mate barely has these problems.
So you implying that the WHOLE entire team is lying for him?

Or here is another conspiracy theory

Jock clear sabotaging his car?

anyways all these problems occurring for Schumy's car only....i think something wrong with the Schumy's side of engineers...maybe they are not so experienced as other team?
Maybe they are not so ggod in fine tuning the car and look for all the problems

remember Schumy drove 2 races with a broken tub in 2010

Pierce89

siskue2005 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:

It didn't happen between Q2 and Q3. It happened when he made his comeback last year. He's never matched his teammate on a regular basis, and his teammate has never won a race. Shumi is one of the greatest ever, of that there is no doubt, but now his driving is average by F1 standards. No more magic,last second quali laps. He can still drive at a high F1 level, just not at the level of: Alonso,Hamilton,Rosberg,or Vettel. To be honest Petrov and Kobayashi have both looked more impressive. Once again I repeat: One of the greatest ever, but now over the hill. Oh and the damaged chassis was a red herring piece of BS to cover for the fact that they pay 20 mil a year for a midfield driving level(not a midfield driver,but he is performing at a midfield level),
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

siskue2005 wrote:
wesley123 wrote: Uhh it is since his return constantly the same case, this not working, that not working and his team mate barely has these problems.

anyways all these problems occurring for Schumy's car only....i think something wrong with the Schumy's side of engineers...maybe they are not so experienced as other team?

It sounds like you're the conspiracy theory lover to believe Shumi has all the problems and Nico has perfect luck. I bet you'll say Shumi improved the car by himself without no engineers, did all the cfd and windtunnel work, produced and installed the pieces by himself and Nico is just riding Shumi coattails to fame. It really sound like you believe something along those lines.Nico has dominated Shumi on merit and everybody just makes excuses. Give Nico credit. He is the team leader.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

wesley123
wesley123

siskue2005 wrote:

no i am implying that he is just too slow.

siskue2005

Pierce89 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

It sounds like you're the conspiracy theory lover to believe Shumi has all the problems and Nico has perfect luck. I bet you'll say Shumi improved the car by himself without no engineers, did all the cfd and windtunnel work, produced and installed the pieces by himself and Nico is just riding Shumi coattails to fame. It really sound like you believe something along those lines.Nico has dominated Shumi on merit and everybody just makes excuses. Give Nico credit. He is the team leader.
Where the hell did i imply all these? :roll: where did i say all this sh1ts you just wrote?

Was just giving an explanation to what weasly told in his post
and who doesnt give credit to Nico ?? i did that even last year!

the only problem i am having is that when Schumy is looking good or looking ok, all of a sudden there comes a problem in his car and he slides away in quly.....this what i am interested in!....and Weasley was saying its another excuse....which i dont believe, even last year his car had F-ducts opening in the middle of the corner and a broken tub for 2 races. and there are even Quotes from Haug and Schumacher saying Schumy;s car always had unexplained problems..
These are the reasons why i was saying he his side of team may not be good.

siskue2005

wesley123 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

no i am implying that he is just too slow.
Yeah that clears up everything, thanks :lol:

ringo

siskue2005 wrote: Remarkable that he lost it and became too old suddenly from Q2 to Q3 :?
He didn't get too old, he got too tired. Which really is a side effect of him being and old driver. If qualifying was only one session i think he would be doing much better.
When you watch him you can see all the twitches he goes on with in the car. All that adds up to him losing time. He can drive well, but he's too old and twitchy, doesn't have a crisp and alert style like a younger driver.
For Sure!!

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
siskue2005 wrote: Remarkable that he lost it and became too old suddenly from Q2 to Q3 :?
He didn't get too old, he got too tired. Which really is a side effect of him being and old driver. If qualifying was only one session i think he would be doing much better.
When you watch him you can see all the twitches he goes on with in the car. All that adds up to him losing time. He can drive well, but he's too old and twitchy, doesn't have a crisp and alert style like a younger driver.
how long have you been follwoing F1 ringo, never expected such an answer from you man!
If he is too old for doing 3 sessions of quly, how did he do his last race at China of 56 laps...which he came from P13 to P8? :lol: He must super fast to give Alonso run for his money in the closing laps, even when he became tired after 10 laps!

The amount of hate and bashing going here is astounding, wait till Schumy has ONE good race...we will be back to 1994,1997 2002 and lapdog teammmates

Its like this

Schumy bad qualy/race = Old donkey retire
Schumy good qualy/race = 1994,1997, 2002 and lapdog teammates :lol: :lol: