Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
vealio
vealio

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Sky germany reported in their evening show (Rosberg and Vettel have been invited) that a rumour says Pirelli labeled the tyres wrong and MS actually had a set of hard compound on the car. Although it was not confirmed official :shock:

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

#-o If this is true would he be allowed to use this tires as hard tires in the race?

Real Question here, what happens if something like this is really happening, is the driver screwed in qualy and race?
Does anybody know how this would be handled?

He would be slow in the qualifying because the tires are hard, but also in the race because have to start on "labeled"soft tires which are slow, then to change at least once to the hard compound again...

atanatizante

mirkovladic wrote:I think Michael still has a lot of his talent. Maybe he lost some reflexes. But the big problem he has is his driving still. He is in my opinion to brutal with the tyres. That's way he often doesn't improve his time from Q1 to Q2, Q3, because as he said the more he pushes the slower he goes. Apparently it' not so much the catch to put the car to the limit, but to push the tyres to the limit while not going over the limit. He is a little unlucky with this, as the tyres last year where stronger, but the car was heavily miss balanced for him. This year the tyres apparently can't handle his punishment. I think he has to only slightly take the tyres into account and slightly adjust his driving style to little less aggressive. ...
+1
A very good observation dude! I bet you are (or were) a racer!
It’s obvious that with his aggressive driving style he overheated the tyres and therefore they become with less grip. Even his official statement comes into support of this theory, because he told us that he push it a little bit too much. Schumi is aware of that but with Pirelli`s tyres being more softer than Bridgestone`s makes his life even complicated than last year. These tyres are for the likes of Button and even Rosberg gentle style of driving. Hamilton has the same driving style but he was adjusting his style and now Michael has too. Unfortunately it takes too long for him ... maybe it`s a little bit with the age, maybe it’s a little bit more with his driving style, but I think it`s a little bit of both ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

bcoxa
bcoxa

One thing I noticed about MS last year when I was track side was he was hitting the limiter much more and for longer than any other driver out there.
I'm not an engineer, just an experiment.

AbbaleRacing77
AbbaleRacing77

I agree, Thats why shumi is the best when he has a tire designed specifically for him like he used to. As a former driver I admire his style and I can even see someone like senna struggling to the same extent because he would rip these tires to shreds. To some extent i think schumi is putting too much heat into the tires and is creating a greasy scenario beyond the tires optimal range.

siskue2005

vealio wrote:Sky germany reported in their evening show (Rosberg and Vettel have been invited) that a rumour says Pirelli labeled the tyres wrong and MS actually had a set of hard compound on the car. Although it was not confirmed official :shock:
is this confirmed?
:o

MrBlacky
MrBlacky

Brawn says Micheals tires were screwed as he run off the racing line in T1.

I don't believe this..

Leon
Leon

vealio wrote:Sky germany reported in their evening show (Rosberg and Vettel have been invited) that a rumour says Pirelli labeled the tyres wrong and MS actually had a set of hard compound on the car. Although it was not confirmed official :shock:
That may explain the lack of grip.
"Clouds now and again
give a soul some respite from
moon-gazing-behold."

Matsuo Basho

marcush.
marcush.

that would be a cool thing for tomorrow as he would have a bit more life in his tyres and could possibly go ther odd 2 laps more than the others...but could this be?..

atanatizante

For German speaking fellows there is a very interesting video who could explain many things. Could anybody of you guys translate for our forum community :

http://zzv.ro/video-41394-rosberg-chatt ... ettel.html
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

chillah
chillah

in the first part Nico told to Sebastian, that MGP hasn't changed anything regarding upgrades on the car since Malaysia and Vettel didn't really believe it.

Schumi(difficult to understand):
it suddenly was gone (maybe speaking about the grip, which could match to his body language in this video)

2nd part they was talking about Vettel watching the rest of the qualifying from the pit stop. He explained that it was s tarnge feeling for him.

spadeflush

Maybe something was wrong with schumi's tyres yesterday.Maybe not.Truth is he is no longer the driver he used to be.He is doing a great job driving at his age but he is no match for rosberg when it comes to qualifying.He has definitely lost a few tenths worth of skill/reflexes/whatever. I am a hardcore Schumacher fan and its taken a while to accept reality.He is still good in races.Thats what matters to me.I am sure he will finish on the podium atleast once this season.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

Raptor22
Raptor22

no match? Must be why he was 0.4 sec faster than Rosberg at the end of FP3...

What is apparent is that if there is bad luck at Mercedes, is seems to hit Schumachers car. If there is goodluck , it stays with Rosberg's car..

SiLo

It's good to see the team getting some pace out of the car finally, hoping to get a six way scrap on for the win!
Felipe Baby!

H.Lyoud
H.Lyoud

Any frong wing turkey spec photos in action?

There is a rumour that they have flexible front wing