Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
hollowBallistix
hollowBallistix

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Some of these theories regarding the car are nonsensical !

The fact is Adrian Newey has designed a championship winning car for every single Formula 1 team he's worked for.

timbo
timbo

hollowBallistix wrote:Some of these theories regarding the car are nonsensical !

The fact is Adrian Newey has designed a championship winning car for every single Formula 1 team he's worked for.
When Leyton House were world champions?

NormalChris
NormalChris

Obviously they're up to something or else they would have released the RB7s birth certificate by now.

One mental theory after another. To argue an extremely improbable idea on evidence that cant even be considered shaky is going too far and it's happening over and over in this thread.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

timbo wrote:
hollowBallistix wrote:Some of these theories regarding the car are nonsensical !

When Leyton House were world champions?
It was still a successful car, albeit on a much smaller scale. The 1988 Leyton House was the only normally aspirated car to lead a race, briefly. The design was imitated by many teams as aerodynamics started to become more important.

marcush.
marcush.

the Leyton House cars worked on a single track that year: LeCastellet.Newey got fired before the B version which lead the GrandPrix and scored a second place in that race with Capelli...I think one more point scoring finish that year in Hungary?.It could not really be called a success story even though his work at LH led to his hiring by Williams...

pob

Does anyone know if Webber was running the new spec front wing during the race/quali?

andrew
andrew

He had updates that Vettel didn't have after his crash on Friday.

andrew
andrew

HampusA wrote:
andrew wrote:
HampusA wrote:Listen, we know the wing flex more then allowed so theorys will come in bunches until we really know what´s up. So stop the attitude, you don´t know --- either.
Does it flex more than it allowed? Have you conducted stringent load testing? The FIA and Red Bull have an it passes. This makes it, oh what is the word....LEGAL!!!

Don't worry, I'm sure once Ferrari and McLaren's front wings are flapping about in the breeze all this talk of Red Bull's front wing made of single ply toilet paper will stop, in part due to the wing alone not giving the entire advantage.

This Red Bull wobbly wing thing and conspiracy theories are really beyond being funny now.
Atleast one perfectly good eye together with some common sense would KNOW the wing flexes WAY more then 20mm. Pictures doesn´t lie.

Again, if you think the wing is legal, check the rules.
Instead of telling us all to read the regs, how about posting the relevant section(s) yourself to back up your claims. So far I see opinions and not facts.

A perfectly good eye would not stand up in a court of law as it is too subjective and there is no such thing as common sense.

Again I state that the wing has passed the FIA load tests. That's a fact that is!

AbbaleRacing77
AbbaleRacing77

Every wing in the paddock flexes 20mm or more under load... And again the rule doesnt dictate the amount of flex allowed at load. It only dictates how much it can flex in there test... Maybe you should read the rules because your simply wrong.

andrew
andrew

HampusA - If someone makes a claim then it is down to them to provide evidence to prove their claim, i.e. the onus is on the accuser to back up their accusation with fact. That's how the courts work, and how the area of work I used to be in worked.

Besides, I don't have a copy of the regs, but I have read numerous reports stating that the wing is legal.

Another thing to consider, do you really think a trick front wing is going to give Red Bull the advantage they have? It is clearly the whole package!

Tim.Wright

HampusA wrote:Atleast one perfectly good eye together with some common sense would KNOW the wing flexes WAY more then 20mm. Pictures doesn´t lie.
Show me one picture where its obvious the wing is flexing more than the allowed amount with respect to the reference plane

I have not seen a single picutre with the front wing and reference plane in view where you can draw any conclusions about the wing flex.

That is the problem with your argument.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

HampusA

I thought you would. Because you have --- to say when i say it´s illegal. Like i said, many wings are probably illegal but RBR´s is FOR SURE illegal.
If your ignorant enough to not acknowledge that then that´s your problem.

As far as the 20mm issue, again, if your familiar with the metric system (the right system) then you would not even discuss the matter.

We know the wing has touched the ground. We have even seen the mechanics sanding down the front wing aswell.
The truth will come out...

Rob01
Rob01

The rule for the front wing ONLY involves the amount of deflection DURING the TEST. The Red Bull and ALL the others pass THIS test. As far as you seeing the wing touch/scrap the ground we ALL see it too. This doesn't make the wing ILLEGAL. The wing itself is getting closer to the ground so you ASSUME that the wing itself is responsible for the action when in fact it's the whole car aero/rake etc. working in conjunction with a TOTALLY LEGAL wing. You are just pointing at ONE piece of the puzzle as to how it gets down near the ground.

Steven
Owner

HampusA wrote:
gilgen wrote:
HampusA wrote:You should take a good look at the rules m8.

First of all, it flexes WAY more then 20mm.
Second of all it flexes, which is illegal according to the rules.

Try your ignorant stuff on somebody else.. The wing is illegal even though it passes all the shitty tests FIA put up.

I know the rule better than you seem to know them! Your comment shows that you know when you are wrong, but don't want to accept it.
Again, you clearly haven´t read the rules....
Instead of jerking everyone around, how about you quote the rulebook?
Oh and one more thing, the FIA has found the wing legal through its tests and is not banning it. It's up to the others to catch RBR, not the other way around.

MOD: Removed some of the rant posts...

Rob01
Rob01

HampusA. you are talking about the spirit of the rule.