How does Vettel compare to other drivers?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Lulu will never leave the safe environment of McLaren. Just can't see it ever happening.

PlatinumZealot

Safe? Two ruthless world championship team mates safe? Or Marko/Horner kissing and hugging safe?

Mclaren always has a history of having team mates that are allowed to fight. The Big yard of Formula 1. RedBull and Ferrari? ha! Stables and pastures..no comparison. One bull one stallion.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

mantikos
mantikos

n smikle wrote:It would be a one sided fight. I mean, Vettel is not even used to having other cars within a 10 meter radius. How is he gonna handle the beastly Boss? Even getting pole positions would be a huge ask for Vettel with Hamilton in the other car.

Outmatched in speed, craft, guts, aggression, passing... one sided fight I tell yah.
With Hamilton in the same team Vettel would still not have cars within a 10m radius...so nothing to worry about there...the only thing boss-ly about Hamilton is the cologne he is wearing probably

HampusA

Vettel shines because he has a middle man as team mate, the fact that he nearly won the championship last year tells more about the car then about webber imo.

If Alonso or Hamilton would be in place for either Vettel or Webber they would have ran away with it and closed it up half way through the season.
Vettel is young so it´s understandable he does some mistakes, even Hamilton does a few sometimes, and Alonso but it´s very rare.
The truth will come out...

HampusA

Sorry, it´s just that it´s been a long time since we have gotten our F1 fix ;)
We all get a little agitated between F1 weekends ;)

beelsebob
beelsebob

How does Vettel compare to other drivers?

The RB7 thread recently got filled with HAM vs VET fanboyism, which clearly sin't appropriate for a technical thread. I thought I'd post a thread for people to vent their particular favouritism, and hence not release it in other threads.

As you can tell from my avatar (unless you're dumb) I am (or was) quite keen on both Coulthard and Hamilton.

To continue from the discussion in the RB7 thread, I don't believe that if Hamilton and Vettel were put in the same car it would be one sided (on either side) as various people suggest. I believe Vettel would probably consistently beat Hamilton in qualifying (the amount Hamilton has dropped 2/3 tenths in each qualifying session this year seems to back that up). I however believe Hamilton would consistently beat Vettel in a race, due to far better overtaking skill, and sense of the amount of grip at any one moment.
Last edited by Steven on 13 May 2011, 23:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Renamed thread

HampusA

Re: Fanboy release thread

But the sense of the amount of grip applies in Qualifying aswell ;)
The only difference is that you have a much more room to focus on the driving instead.

I don´t know i rank Vettel super high, Alonso i feel is the best, most complete driver but Hamilton just blows me away.

Sebp

Re: Fanboy release thread

Why not use the "Fanboy Ying Yang Thread" ?

HampusA

Re: How does Vettel compare to other drivers?

Bit late now isn´t it?

ringo

Hamilton would whoop his butt in 60% of the qualifying sessions.
The other 40 Vettel will beat him becuase of his consistency but he wont beat hamilton by more than 2 tenths when that happens.

I think people are grossly underestimating hamilton's raw speed in every area.

He will simply get more out of the redbull than Vettel, and he will maul him on the track.

We have too many times expect Lewis to be betean by a teammate then he whoops their butt, then we say oh ok then...
For Sure!!

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Not that i am doubting Hamiltons tremendous talent, i think it is a bit much to stake such claims.

My Belief is that atm Vettel is the man to beat, because he is a fast driver in the fastest car. With the cars being so aerodynamically driven, the car dictates the form more than the driver at the moment, however he is doing everything right, like a ninja, but he has lacked clarity in decisions in the past, but he is still learning.

the Most Complete driver is without a doubt Alonso, not only does he have that 6/10th but his race craft and way he forms a team around him is immense. his brutal honesty may not make him the nicest person, but its what makes him such a fierce competitor.

Hamilton is alike to Anakin Skywalker. he is definitely the most brilliant driver on the racing grid, but in the past he has been his own worst enemy. his consistency does let him down, with minor errors, but thats racing. I feel that in 2013, when the cars become even more grip limited, he will be without a doubt the man to beat, but at the current stage all he can do is deliver the potential the car has.

the other drivers are fighting for the best of the rest honors
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

PlatinumZealot

Vettel is being sheltered by his car - and a subdued, old, scruffy, trampled, washed up Mark Webber.

I am just saying Webber is broken guys, don't you see.. he even compliments Vettel nowadays.

Hmm.. maybe Uncle Marko is putting drugs in Webber's drinking water.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

alelanza
alelanza

djos wrote:I dont think Seb has suddenly got faster since becoming WDC or Mark slower, I think Seb just got to grips with the Pirreli's faster than Mark has and I think the fact that Mark didn't get to do any of the new tire testing in the RB6 at AD last year has hurt his ability to understand the tires as well as Seb.
Are you aware it's May 2011? there's been a few thousand testing miles and 4 practice/quali/race weekends ever since last year's Abu Dahbi tests.

I understand wanting to support a fellow countryman, but if i were you i'd stick to Will Power for 2011 ;)
Alejandro L.

rfs

Right now I think Vettel is the best. Or at least in the best form.

Alonso is generally seen as the most complete driver, but he made as many mistakes as anybody last season. And the way he clouted Hamilton in Malaysia this year shows that the mistakes haven't gone away yet.

Hamilton is a spectacular driver, but he seems to be blowing hot and cold at the moment. This year he's had a good race in Australia, an awful result in Malaysia, one of his best ever wins in China, then looked lackluster in Turkey. Also because of his aggressive style there's always a chance that he might bin the car.

Vettel is the most consistent right now. The only mistake he's made since Spa last year is that crash in Turkey FP1. And yet he still won the race. 7 poles, 2 second places and 6 wins from his last 9 races speak for themselves IMO.

As for the question of both Hamilton and Vettel at Red Bull? It would be very close. I don't think Lewis could dominate Seb like some of you are saying.

raymondu999

Most said Lewis would blow Jenson away too.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法