Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Considering that pre-season they were setting out to win races, if they don't it is another failure. Simple as that. That is how the suits will look at it - they won't care if the W02 is, say, 0.2s per lap quicker than the W01.

mantikos
mantikos

Ferraripilot wrote:I'm reading that MB is only using suspension updates and cooling updates this weekend. So no FEE
I thought cooling package included new sidepods including the new side impact structure that would eventually enable the FEE

marcush.
marcush.

andrew wrote:Considering that pre-season they were setting out to win races, if they don't it is another failure. Simple as that. That is how the suits will look at it - they won't care if the W02 is, say, 0.2s per lap quicker than the W01.
this is how I see it .they might get away without winning but they have to be in contention for a win (more than once)and i think this is the first weekend they need to show that sort of speed.
Why else would all in the teams cheer up Schumacher publicly? It´s him they put their hope on to perform a little wonder.And who knows .if he can streing together a decent qualy without anything going wrong and no need to use up all the valuable fresh rubber it might just come together.

godlameroso

Little off topic but I can see Schumacher winning Suzuka this year, he owns that track.
Saishū kōnā

xpensive
xpensive

They can forget about race wins, even for a podium they need to be struck by awesome luck, but the car is helluva lot faster than I ever xpected it to be. Judging by the attention to detail, it couldn't even get within shouting distance of an RBR.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

HampusA

andrew wrote:Considering that pre-season they were setting out to win races, if they don't it is another failure. Simple as that. That is how the suits will look at it - they won't care if the W02 is, say, 0.2s per lap quicker than the W01.
True, In F1 you can´t just blast up on the scene and expect to dominate. Even RBR has had their years in the shadow etc.

One more year i think, if nothing happens by then it´s Mercedes leaving the sport for sure.
The truth will come out...

xpensive
xpensive

HampusA wrote:
True, In F1 you can´t just blast up on the scene and expect to dominate. Even RBR has had their years in the shadow etc.

One more year i think, if nothing happens by then it´s Mercedes leaving the sport for sure.
What in the world are you talking about Humpty, Mercedes took over Brawn GP as both WCC and Button's ride to his WDC?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Don't forget that Brawn took over Honda who took over BAR who took over Tyrrell.

bot6
bot6

No FEE... Yet. But definitely some changes. This does not look like the old sidepod inlets.

Tozza Mazza

They may just be hiding a FEE until tommorow morning. Got a few more hours to wait just yet lads. Got a bet with a mate this weekend, If Rosberg wins, i collect tenner, and if Hamilton wins, he does. I'm strangely confident, Rosberg and the W02 are improving every race.

LegendaryM

nvm, thats a lotus
Last edited by LegendaryM on 19 May 2011, 20:24, edited 2 times in total.
MRVC: Tolo Racing

Tozza Mazza

In terms of time per lap, how much is FEE worth of a standard EBD?

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Tozza Mazza wrote:In terms of time per lap, how much is FEE worth of a standard EBD?
How could we even start to guess? Look in the FEE thread, they aren't even sure how it is working. So no one really knows if it is better or not.

bot6
bot6

The front of that car does look very Renaultish, but they put the old exhaust on today.

It's also the old Barça testing-spec floor.

mantikos
mantikos

bot6 wrote:No FEE... Yet. But definitely some changes. This does not look like the old sidepod inlets.

is that the w02?