Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

gilgen you'd be right.

Mario Theissen, BMW Motorsport Director
:
"The eyes of the world are on Monaco for the Grand Prix. The race in the principality constitutes the crown jewels of Formula One, although the track has absolutely nothing in common with a modern race circuit. Whether you like the glamour of it all is a matter of taste, but it is all part of the image of Formula One. The closeness of the fans to the track and the paddock creates an atmosphere unlike any other grand prix.

Raw power doesn't get you very far on this tight and twisty course. Instead, it's good engine driveability that makes the difference. The hairpin at the Grand Hotel is the only corner all year when engine speeds dip below 5,000 rpm. The nigh-on 200 bhp performance gap between the 3.0-litre V10 engines in 2005 and this year's 2.4-litre V8 will be less visible at Monaco than anywhere else."
More could have been done.
David Purley

marcush.
marcush.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 51909.html

Some little snippet about Newey .He´s saying that he feels empty when his latest design is presented ..as all his ideas have gopne into this new baby.Only after first time running the ideas flow as he realises what he has designed...
Wow all ideas incorporated in the car ..I have difficulty to believe this ...You would not think that everything can be done in time year after year ,can it?

PlatinumZealot

I think design decisions take a very long time, usually how two or more Ideas can coexist without compromising each other.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Francesc
Francesc

Caito
Caito

Have you noticed the filter in the filling cap?

Why would they need that? They should already have someplace for the air to go out, isn't it?
Come back 747, we miss you!!

beelsebob
beelsebob

Caito wrote:Have you noticed the filter in the filling cap?

Why would they need that? They should already have someplace for the air to go out, isn't it?
McLaren typically hav the same kind of cap on there, I've no idea what it's for though.

simon174
simon174

It seems that the battery extends over the whole width between gearbox and engine. The battery will use the free space around the driveshaft extension which connects engine and gearbox and was seen on redbull`s kers rendering at the beginning of the season

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

beelsebob wrote:

McLaren typically hav the same kind of cap on there, I've no idea what it's for though.
Ferrari too. Look on the 150 thread.

No conspiracy here either. You'll have to look harder guys! :lol:

bot6
bot6

Look at Francesc's picture guys. That rear end is just so neatly packaged. A place for everything, everything in its place, and all fits together. For all the talk about bendy wings, engine maps, rake, whatever...

This car is just a beautiful piece of engineering and workmanship. Best word for it is refined.

Caito
Caito

andrew wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

Ferrari too. Look on the 150 thread.

No conspiracy here either. You'll have to look harder guys! :lol:

No conspiracy at all, it's just the first time I've seen such filter. Maybe they use it to completely dry the tank? They need a big hole for vapors to go out, but want nothing to get in. I don't really now, just a wild guess.
Come back 747, we miss you!!

andrew
andrew

Actually I was just having a bit of a joke. I know you wern't looking for a conspiracy but no doubt in some shady corner of the internet, someone will see that photo and all of a sudden 2+2=953. :lol:

beelsebob
beelsebob

andrew wrote:Actually I was just having a bit of a joke. I know you wern't looking for a conspiracy but no doubt in some shady corner of the internet, someone will see that photo and all of a sudden 2+2=953. :lol:
Maybe it's actually a dial – turning it clockwise causes the front wing to heat :lol:

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

andrew
andrew

beelsebob wrote:Maybe it's actually a dial – turning it clockwise causes the front wing to heat :lol:
90 minutes at gas mark 6. Wait a minute, how long does a race last? :-k

timbo
timbo

Are they allowed to change it during the season?