Williams FW33

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Byronrhys

Re: Williams FW33

ringo wrote:What happened to maldonado with P9 at the start?

Is this car poor in the long runs?
No the car is poor on a whole.. and its really saddening, a Team like Williams.. a back marker, Rubens with all those fresh tyres made no difference, that showed me today that the car is a dog, the RB7, C30 and R31 could all make something of it.. sigh... and he was ahead of Nick at the start to boot.

Fil

Anyone notice Rubens got 2nd fastest lap of the race in Spain? :lol:

Just to compound their woes this sesason, Williams really need to work on their pitstops too. Both drivers lost over 10sec (compared to the other 4stoppers) just in the pitlane! Just not good enough.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

zgred

ringo

For Sure!!

zgred

agungn51

zgred wrote:Image

since when they add this structure ?

" Many inventors achieve great success, because they treat inventing like a serious busines - Inventing is often the easy part; the trick is to know what needs to be invented "

tomazy
tomazy

As far as I know, they only had it in Malaysia. It is only for races where more cooling is required.

marcush.
marcush.

with that race pace at the end of the spanish GP one can only say the car has speed but Williams have no clue how to extract it .Barrichello lost everything in one stint which was just rubbish in terms of times.Not sure if this was a traffic thing or just the tyre set not working at all .The pitstops were just pathetic Williams is totally out of order.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

How is the exhaust routed? With the body off it looks like it goes through the floor, but the body indicate a higher outlet. Why my viewing confusion?

Brian

boyracer94
boyracer94

In the photos above, I think it is running a 'cannon' exhaust

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

1) Looks to me like the secondary pipe out of the collector goes downward. That would be the pipe with the sensors in it.

2) The rear brake duct seems to have a lower brace supporting a bib. Is that a correct view of things?

Brian

boyracer94
boyracer94

hardingfv32 wrote:1) Looks to me like the secondary pipe out of the collector goes downward. That would be the pipe with the sensors in it.

2) The rear brake duct seems to have a lower brace supporting a bib. Is that a correct view of things?

Brian
I would say so, yes. The brake duct support looks as though it directs air around the rear better

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Is there in fact a large bib attached to the bottom of the support going to the break duct?

So any king of aero device can be attached to the hub assembly so long as it is part of the brake duct?

Brian

boyracer94
boyracer94

@hardingfv32: I'm pretty sure the 'bib' is just some heat shielding on top of the floor/diffuser, to protect it from the exhaust heat. I'm not so sure about the regulations regarding the bodywork 'boxes', as i've never had enough time to read them :lol:

It seems as though Monaco suited the car reasonably well this weekend. Hopefully this was not just a one-off and they actually get their upgrades working soon, because they didn't run any of them in qualifying or race.

hardingfv32
hardingfv32

Yes, it looks like it is touching, but then the suspension is at full droop.

Brian