Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Ferraripilot

Re: Mercedes GP W02

marcush. wrote:
look at Canada Rosberg quickest by a huge margin...would anyone think this is not Fuel? It was a gift to those who had the knife already in hand nothing else.

I fear you are correct. This gives MB some media attention and then qualy can look like a big surprise if they don't do well.

siskue2005

marcush. wrote:
Rosberg was sensational here last year as well ..so the track seems to suit him .
Sensational? he qualified 10th and finished 6th
he was at one point, few places behind MS before Kubica and MS came together
I wouldnt call it sensational :wtf:

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

OK, so back on topic!

Has anyone eagle-eyed any good snaps of the new exhaust system? Also, any straightline data from CGV yet? The W02 looks hot in a straightline. Not a surprise I know but would be interesting.

siskue2005

Alexgtt wrote:OK, so back on topic!

Has anyone eagle-eyed any good snaps of the new exhaust system? Also, any straightline data from CGV yet? The W02 looks hot in a straightline. Not a surprise I know but would be interesting.
yup some good pics plz
i cannot find any

BrawnGP
BrawnGP

As i've said before Rosberg will be top 3 Quali easy, then not so good in the race.

This track suits the car, especially for quali as Button said, they have the most effective drs.

The temps are low so no overheating probs, engine at full wick.

No high speed corners to degrade the rear tyres. a little bit like Monaco as in they probably will still perform poorly in the race unless like Brawn said new updates they have brought to this race work and stop the rears going off as much!!

marcush.
marcush.

siskue2005 wrote:
marcush. wrote:
Rosberg was sensational here last year as well ..so the track seems to suit him .
sorry ..i meant sensational to watch ..he was pure dedication through the chicane and almost scaped the wall every lap .you could see there he was a lot more committed than Schumacher...the times did not show ...but the attitude was really visible.

zgred

siskue2005

marcush. wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
marcush. wrote:
sorry ..i meant sensational to watch ..he was pure dedication through the chicane and almost scaped the wall every lap .you could see there he was a lot more committed than Schumacher...the times did not show ...but the attitude was really visible.
maybe he was overdriving it?
as MS, how didnt look committed was beating him at one point!

They have the chimmenys and gills :(
and am i seeing a small opening below the right sidepod?

Why is the suspension upright joints standing out of the rear wheel? was it there alerady? or is it the new suspension revision?

siskue2005

they are running heat detection strips on Nico's car
maybe they are trying the new exhaust mapping

zgred

dren

I don't think Nico's top time is a low fuel show off lap. I expect Mercedes to challenge for pole here. Especially after Button's statement of Mercedes being their main rival. The race will likely be different if they cannot fix the tire issues.

I don't see a new exhaust. Looks like the extra inlets are here to stay on the top intake. Does the rear suspension set-up look different?
Honda!

dren

Also, look how thin that rear wing upper element is. Is that as thin as it has been?
Honda!

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

As mentioned before in the thread, the left side pod openning once again looks bigger than the right? Or is it angles playing tricks?

Rear suspension arm top hub pick-ups look positively historic!

Any side shots to see if side exhausts are gone or altered?

dren

Alexgtt wrote:As mentioned before in the thread, the left side pod openning once again looks bigger than the right? Or is it angles playing tricks?

The sidepods rake forward, so at an angle it looks like they are different.
Honda!

Alexgtt
Alexgtt

dren wrote:
Alexgtt wrote:As mentioned before in the thread, the left side pod openning once again looks bigger than the right? Or is it angles playing tricks?

The sidepods rake forward, so at an angle it looks like they are different.
Ah, thanks. I did think so but the ealier suggestion in the thread set me off.