Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
cravenciak
cravenciak

Re: Kubica's Recovery

Can't (yet) because its taken from TV. I wrote it myself. You have to wait for official news on polish websites, then for official translation :p

Here you go:

http://www.f1wm.pl/php/news_id-22350.html

But the article is not as detailed as mine.

Next one:

http://f1.pl/Artykul.82+M52cce6d0e28.0.html

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

cravenciak wrote:Most important things:

1. Photos were taken few weeks ago. He no longer uses a cane and feels much better.
2. Robert can drive a road car.
3. Its plausible that Robert will not come back racing this year, not because of health but because of no seat in LRGP.
First two conclusion points i have no gripes with.

Last one i do as Heidfeld is on a initial 14 race contract, after that its rolling toward the next race if Kubica isnt ready. If Kubica is ready he will race, Heidfeld will move aside, but be ready to step in if needed again.

I think that Renault will have a R29 or R30 ready for Robert to do some laps arround Silverstone International Circuit after a few days of Simulator work to see how he can cope. Simmilar to what Ferrari did with Massa.

Once the Doctors and Renault F1 Team see how his recovery is to that point, i have a feeling that we will see Robert in the car for FP1 Abu Dhabi and posibly the race in Brazil. Getting a race under his belt before the season starts will help him with his training for 2012 as he will know what he needs to do in the closed season.

cravenciak
cravenciak

Its plausible that Robert will not come back racing this year, not because of health but because of no seat in cockpit (c) Morelli

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Moreli cant take Heidfeld out of the car, Bullier can, and probably will, if Robert feels up to it and has the support of Morelli. Even if Morelli says no, Robert could do it, as only he knows what he is capable of.

And as i said, Heidfeld has a "stand in only" contract for 14 races, rolling there after.

I think we will see RK in a car at Brazil, or at Abu Dhabi in FP1 at the earliest.

However, if there is any hickups in his road to recovery, he wont see any car time this year, or early next.

spinmastermic

He will not race this year. The FIA wont allow it. Any minor off and he could loose his arm or set him back another year. How will that look with their safety campaigns?

Look forward to a FP1 outing, thats it.

cravenciak
cravenciak

The FIA wont allow it? Because you said that? F*cking ridiculous.

spinmastermic

cravenciak wrote:The FIA wont allow it? Because you said that? F*cking ridiculous.
Yep, nothing to do with doctors etc..

Carlo's
Carlo's

Well, the truth is that if he won't be racing this year, he won't be racing next year in LRGP. That's it.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

It depends if he passes the FIA fitness test, however ultimately the choice will be Kubica's if he wants to race again.

ringo

I wouldn't force the issue. There is no real reason to see this guy drive in a GP this year.
It does nothing for him really.
Better the FIA allow him to run the car in his own time.

I don't want to see him go in a GP then something unexpected happens and he can't control the car.

That man should wait till 2012.

If perez can't even race to 100% how can Kubica even be competent when perez accident was child's play to Kubica's?
Perez was also deemed fit for racing by the FIA.
Deeming Kubica fit to race doesn't mean he himself will feel 100%.
It's best he save himself the pity and not show up in a GP this year. The others drivers will simply pity him if he's drives "handicapped"
For Sure!!

Shrieker

Surely, if he passes the FIA fitness test, then it means he's definitely not handicapped ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

The problem is he needs track time, and with the testing ban the only place he can get that is at race weekends.

Thunder2
Thunder2

Maybe teams will allow Kubica to have private testings.
Anyway, I think he will try to hide whatever pain or handicap he could have to be back in the car... They all do that.

woohoo
woohoo

cravenciak wrote:Can't (yet) because its taken from TV. I wrote it myself. You have to wait for official news on polish websites, then for official translation :p

Here you go:

http://www.f1wm.pl/php/news_id-22350.html

But the article is not as detailed as mine.

Next one:

http://f1.pl/Artykul.82+M52cce6d0e28.0.html
Thanks though!
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

Thunder2
Thunder2