Williams FW33

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
adrianjordan

Re: Williams FW33

Many thanks.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

cravenciak
cravenciak

Rikhart
Rikhart

Daium, look at the cooling hole on that thing :o

PhillipM
PhillipM

Better to push the hot air out there and make as much of an advantage as they can with tight bodywork around the dinky little gearbox they have, rather than run the ducting down the side of the 'box.

roadie

How much larger is the central cooling exit than Red Bull? I guess that might give us some idea into the cooling requirements for the Renault Williams will be running next year, although Red Bull KERS will be mixed up in that too.

marcush.
marcush.

the absolute size of the air inlets and exits is driven by a lot of factors ,you have a lot of variables to play with when it comes to cooling .think alone of the radiators and their efficiency ,or water speed inside the rads which could possibly be increased and change your airflow needs..

kalinka
kalinka

Probably it's the package for Hungary, which is traditionally very hot race. They just didn't want to take gamble on cooling...Though if it's true, I don't know why they didn't bring another engine cover in case of rain..

PlatinumZealot

That cooling hole is not just for cooling. It indirectly allows the car to make more down-force.

Hint* think of the shape of the sidepods.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

jamsbong
jamsbong

Since Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve, they have never yield another championship. At that time, Williams never kept their champions (Hill and Villeneuve), and I always thought thats a mistake. When you have a good thing going, the last thing you want to do is make unnecessary changes. It took a while, but I think their short-sighted mentality has finally hit them.

During the Williams BMW days, they were strong but just can't peace it together. I really feel sorry for Montoya as I think he really deserves a Championship. Since then, they've been downhill and continues in that direction.

Webber who always honest and speaks his mind, describe his experience in Williams as a bad one. I think the work atmosphere in that team is not healthy. Judging from Barachello's comments reflect the same conclusion.

MIKEY_!

If they could release the hot cooling air along the top of the diffuser they could gain downforce but only if they could make this flow laminar.

marcush.
marcush.

That endplate really looks the part to me .Is it even more extremely curved towards the trailing edge? No .it´s just the viewing angle check this picture from last race :
Image the new endplate is also visible in this picture giving the same impression.So nothing new.

marcush.
marcush.

Wow! finally Williams have come up with my Rearwing! I thought it must be a bad idea when nobody took that obvious direction ..but to see it now it looks just right to me.

wesley123
wesley123

they already tried that one in Canada but chose not to run it there
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

marcush.
marcush.

wesley123 wrote:they already tried that one in Canada but chose not to run it there
really ? did not notice back then :oops:

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

I designed a rear wing like that to fit the McLaren last season to fit the F-Duct on it, infact i think i posted the pics on the mp4/25 thread :D