Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
yener

Re: Mercedes GP W02

Ross Brawns admits he is the one to blame for poor results.
"I'm the on to blame" says Ross Brawn at MGP. It took to much time when Mercedes took over BrawnGP. We lost alot of time developping there.
We are trying to solve all the problems we had on the car by making structual improvments.

We can't blame the drivers. They are doing all they can. 33% of this years (budget) will be used for next years car.
I will not stop before MGP gets WC.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

That was the best translation i could make.
Just read my earlier posts. He explains now what i knew after 3 races.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

atanatizante

Does anybody have a photo with the NEW VANES on the bottom of the end-plates? I saw it on RTL interview with Ross Brown in their garage ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

marcush.
marcush.

repost from page 251 ..

Adamski

I chasing a good photo from their exhaust solution. With the TV cameras, it's extremely hard to look at it. I think they are covered the outer part of the exhaust pipe:

This was captured yesterday.
Michael Schumacher: When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.

atanatizante

Thanx marcush & adamski ...

Michael doesn`t like to much the new Pirreli tyre, don`t you think ?
I`ve red it has a new construction in order to increase the tyre life, but it also increased the under steer, unfortunately for him ...
Could this change be the reason why Michael in the last couple of races got better lap times then Rosberg and in Qualy did the opposite? Or maybe his strategy is shifted towards the race, when it counts?
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Adamski

atanatizante wrote:Thanx marcush & adamski ...

Michael doesn`t like to much the new Pirreli tyre, don`t you think ?
I`ve red it has a new construction in order to increase the tyre life, but it also increased the under steer, unfortunately for him ...
Could this change be the reason why Michael in the last couple of races got better lap times then Rosberg and in Qualy did the opposite? Or maybe his strategy is shifted towards the race, when it counts?
I answer to your question in the team's general topic:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9598&p=269769#p269769

Back on topic, does anybody got a better picture from their exhaust? I think there are some minor changes that could be interesting to see.
Michael Schumacher: When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.

Morteza

@ Adamski> This is the best I've found :
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Adamski

Morteza wrote:@ Adamski> This is the best I've found :
Thanks Morteza!
So they wont cover it, just mounted from the side. Is it more like McLaren's solution?

PlatinumZealot

marcush. wrote:I think the main drawback is having more radiators -separate units +ducting -that´s going to give a weight penalty simply because of parts count (more fitting hardware more watertanks to each rad etc etc..
Yes. And the car is too short, which is the cause of all of this in the first place! Too short means too sensitive air floor under and over the car - not to mention poor transitions as we so evidently see.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ForMuLaOne
ForMuLaOne

I don`t like the new solution. It works the same way like Red Bull`s single hole, a solution copied by williams. They really should try this, as the suction won`t lead to turbulences in a sensitive area but above the beam wing.

Tyler
Tyler

I was reading some of the posts and really agree with the guys that are saying Merc should try to sacrifice some straight line speed in favour of downforce.
Surely there is more performance to be extracted - I just cannot believe that there is nothing more they can do to improve the pace of the car!
If I was them I'd be trying everthing possible to get more downforce - what's the harm in trying a McLaren style wing. I think they seriously need more downforce at the back end of the car. To me this is the reason the rear tyres are wearing out so quickly and why they're stuck with what is essentially still the same front wing from 09, save for a few minor mods. Does the car have those little wings on the rear brake ducts like Ferrari? If not put it on - I think there are a lot of small things that could still be done to improve the car.
I have to say their pace of development hasn't exactly been great. In fact it's quite appalling that half way through the season they're still battling with the same issues they had at the start of the year.
I really hope they can improve - I hated watching Schumi battling with that dog today!

PhillipM
PhillipM

It's obviously much less efficient in high-downforce config, otherwise they would have done it.
It might have taken them a while to sort the problems, but they're not stupid :wink:

Byronrhys

They should do like Mclaren with the MP4-21 turning it into the beast of 22, hopefully by 'exhausted'( saying that means you don't know where to find the downforce and makes no sense going and work on a next car :/) they mean they'll be pushing the new ideas on this car and testing them. The car should be good in Italy and Belgium though.

The new rear exit reminds me of the W01's hate it already for that, the tighter solution is better for aero.

Tyler
Tyler

Yes it does look very bulky and messy now. I was hoping that they were going to slim the sidepods down as the season progressed, not the other way round.
:cry:
Has the team said anything about the double radiators lately?
Is this a failed experiment or is there anything they can get out of this for next year? (I'm referring to the radiators, not the car)
If they're more a disadvantage than an advantage couldn't Merc do anything to change them to a single radiator layout and perhaps slim down or experiment with the shape of the sidepods at the same time?

Med4224

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Albert Einstein