Red Bull RB7 Renault

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Red Bull RB7 Renault

Positive/negative? Fronts/rears? I wasn't really paying attention on the camber during the race :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

aral
aral

raymondu999 wrote:Positive/negative? Fronts/rears? I wasn't really paying attention on the camber during the race :?
Neg on front. Bur Red Bull runs more neg on front. Reduces contact patch on straights.

HampusA

gilgen wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Positive/negative? Fronts/rears? I wasn't really paying attention on the camber during the race :?
Neg on front. Bur Red Bull runs more neg on front. Reduces contact patch on straights.
And increases braking distances.
The truth will come out...

timbo
timbo

HampusA wrote:
gilgen wrote:
And increases braking distances.
And helps getting temps and increases corner grip.

SiLo

Well that explains it for me XD
Felipe Baby!

raymondu999

But AFAIK it would hamper them in the wet. You shouldn't really run as much camber in the wet as you do in the dry.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

The rain was a surprise for everyone, so everyone it seems had a dry setup. That may have played into McLaren's hands.

raymondu999

I don't quite understand. First you say it's the same for everyone, then you say McLaren got an advantage because of that? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

raymondu999 wrote:I don't quite understand. First you say it's the same for everyone, then you say McLaren got an advantage because of that? :?
I'm just saying that the RB dry setup, used in qually, was a totally dry setup, as was most likely the McLaren setup. The RB dry setup does indeed use a lot of front camber .. all the time. Thus the rain may have provided McLaren with an advantage in that their dry weather setup works better in the rain.

In the last two races we've had weather anomalies .. in Hungary it wasn't supposed to rain and did, and at the German GP it was supposed to be wet but it was a dry race. For that reason I thought it wise to consider that the RB setup compromised their races more than the McLaren setup. I'm not definitely saving that's the case, just that it needs to be considered.

raymondu999

I see what you mean. You're saying the RB wet vs dry setup is different, but McLaren, far less so
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

I speculate that .. given the front camber, given the large McLaren rear wing, etc.

Steven
Owner

Further posts on camber settings in relation to the Pirelli tyres have been split to their own thread:
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10505

PaulB

Hello guys. At the moment, I'm working on my own paperboard RB7:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9909

Now, I have a few questons to the oil cooling system - especially the gearbox oil cooling.

The green line, I think, that's the oil line to the gearbox, but where is the line back to the radiator? Is that the red one? And what's that one, I've encircled in yellow? Something of the breather system?

Thanks
Paul
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose!" - Ayrton Senna

Paul Bischof
Milton Keynes, UK
MK2 2HL
http://paulsf1.wordpress.com/

Gaara
Gaara

Mandrake
Mandrake

Gaara wrote:It's the most reliable car in 2011

http://www.f1zone.net/news/red-bull-onl ... lity/8230/
This was their achilles heel in 2010. Fast but fragile. Had they had the 2011 reliability last year, they'd have bagged the titles much earlier. This season their speed is not as superior as last year, but thanks to their reliability they have the points they deserve. Well done :)