Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
siskue2005

Re: Mercedes GP W02

raymondu999 wrote:Huh? Someone asked if the setup could be changed. You said no, because he can't crash out. I pointed out your mistake. How is that trolling? Whether or not anyone crashes, it doesn't matter.
this is what i said
siskue2005 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Y
Would MSC crashing out allow him to change the car to a set-up more suited to rains. Since he has crashed down he will start from the back & the penalty wont effect him much anyway. JAMIE ALG benefitted too & maybe Michael can squeeze out a few points as well.
i think as he left the pits he cannot change his setup
but as his car in totaled who would know if they fitted a new suspension and a much shallower rear wing which would favour tomorrow's weather?
He was asking could he change the setup , so i said he cannot as he started a lap in quly and i was speculating as his car is totaled how will the FIA know what his previous setup was?

and then you come a post this
raymondu999 wrote:Nonsense. Anyone, even Vettel can change setup, just that they'll have to start in the pit lane.
:roll: We all know anyone can change setup , change engine etc etc...and we also know anyone can murder or rape anyone ! but there are massive consiquences attached to it.

Mr.S
Mr.S

There is a big rain forecast & Brawn said they opted for the dry set-up. Seriously then how on earth are they 2.2 sec behind the guy who got pole.

W02 is pathetic regardless of what JET SAYS,WO1 was much better. It was never more than 2 seconds behind. Most of the time W02 is close to 1.5 seconds behind. W01 was around 0.6-0.7 at best behind at teh start of the season while W02 was liek 1.8 seconds behind at the start of the race.

W02 is a DOG.COMPLETE DOG. Hungary was supposed to be their least favourite track with a lot of downforce & mechanical grip required. They have the best engine,KERS & possibly the best DRS wing & they still can come within 0.8-0.9 seconds of the TOP guy.

Atleast they had to fight towards the end with BGP & did not have enough resource for W01. What about W02 which is in a full fledged development since June???? MSC got screwed out.

Seriously they cant even fit a wheel leading to a crash in Q1 in Spa effectively compromising the whole race. There should be certain heads ROLLING. FIRE THOSE STUPID PEOPLE.

raymondu999

siskue2005 wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Huh? Someone asked if the setup could be changed. You said no, because he can't crash out. I pointed out your mistake. How is that trolling? Whether or not anyone crashes, it doesn't matter.
this is what i said
siskue2005 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:Y
Would MSC crashing out allow him to change the car to a set-up more suited to rains. Since he has crashed down he will start from the back & the penalty wont effect him much anyway. JAMIE ALG benefitted too & maybe Michael can squeeze out a few points as well.
i think as he left the pits he cannot change his setup
but as his car in totaled who would know if they fitted a new suspension and a much shallower rear wing which would favour tomorrow's weather?
He was asking could he change the setup , so i said he cannot as he started a lap in quly and i was speculating as his car is totaled how will the FIA know what his previous setup was?

and then you come a post this
raymondu999 wrote:Nonsense. Anyone, even Vettel can change setup, just that they'll have to start in the pit lane.
:roll: We all know anyone can change setup , change engine etc etc...and we also know anyone can murder or rape anyone ! but there are massive consiquences attached to it.
I think we're having a massive misunderstanding here. You're taking the question as can he change setup and still start on the grid; while I just read can he change the setup; which I assumed was the correct interpretation as Mr. S talks about "the penalty won't affect him much anyway"
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

yener

The development of the WO2 is stopped 4 weeks ago. They put there work at the possible "wo3".

And i think they exactly know what they are doing right now. They missed the spot completly this year and i guess they have learned from it.

The new parts they bring maybe doesn't fit and work well at this car, but it's like testing parts for next season i guess.

I don't watch the race anymore because even knowing they won't improve this years car it's still difucult for me to wacht MS and NR struggle with thpse cars
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

xpensive
xpensive

Did I get this right now; Did the Mercedes pit-crew indeed fail to mount one of the MS' rear-wheels corrctly before him going out on hs first qualifying-lap, without said crew even being under time-pressure?
Last edited by xpensive on 27 Aug 2011, 20:05, edited 1 time in total.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Mr.S
Mr.S

Atleast shows how hard Ferrari are trying. I dont agree with the guy named V something.

Ross has gone on record saying updates wont stop & they will try to achieve something worthwhile.Nico said so too,even this week that they are trying hard to bridge the gap.I dont think that starting 1 or 2 months earlier would be any huge benefit proved by Mclaren & Red Bull's early form. Maybe having a bigger manpower would help tremendously in updates during the season.

But if they cant come up with good CONCEPTS(PROPER BASIC IDEAS & STRUCTURES not pathetic one's like SWB),nothing will happen. They will probably add 100 worthless people who cant attach a wheel to a car. And what experiments are you talking about???Apart from grappling with cooling problems & a new rear-ward exhaust what GOOD update did they bring the whole season. Probably a new front wing which they had already brought in pre-season testing & had discarded. Now they are refining it furthur. That is it. ALL we get for Spa is a furthur refined Front wing & I dont think we are going to get anything more for Monza either.I dont see any hope

rdr
rdr

raymondu999 wrote:Why is this in the W02 thread? And also are you pointing something out here?
IIRC here was the mob demanding Ross to bring three elements front wing on W02.

Well, somebody demanded plain copy of RB7...
But trend is that now merc needs to copy MP4-26.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Ferrari have a two element front wing last year too. Even with the F60.

This car will be mega fast at Monza. I want to bet Schumacher on podium at Monza

siskue2005

look at the flex on that wing :shock: :shock:

raymondu999

I don't see any flex out of the ordinary, taking into account that front wings WILL flex to a certain amount anyways? :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

siskue2005

raymondu999 wrote:I don't see any flex out of the ordinary, taking into account that front wings WILL flex to a certain amount anyways? :?
:roll:
Braking
full speed

marcush.
marcush.

A cool race in Belgium in terms of results but performance wise not really a step forward.

China and Canada the two races when Mercedes drivers could manage to stay closer than 15sec to the leader in the end .They lost a full second per lap again ..that´s an awful lot even if it´s a long lap...at least not got lapped by a long shot and race quickest lap only 1.2sec off...but 2.3seconds adrift in Qualy with Rosberg..

If I were Mercedes I would put one of the two cars on development duty on race weekends now to gain more data trying the outer rim of setup possibilities and maybe even introduce the 2012 rearend early ....

Renault has not gained significantly on them and only petrov will score the odd point here and there so Renault has to fear Force india more now than having a chance to challenge Mercedes. It´s time to sort out the open issues of the current package and lay aside assumptions .

yener

@marcush

Can't agree more with your last post.
I just don't understand why they don't run one or both cars on the 2012 rules so they can win a lot of development time for next season. Maybe it's not allowed?

What i also did notice is that they w02 loses time at breaking. The RBR can brake almost a second later.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

raymondu999

Huh? It's the 2011 championship; you have to run cars that obey the 2011 rules.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

Yes but you could for example have periscope exhausts and experiment with potential to use them for gains..

you are only allowed to even test homologated chassis for 2012.Is it only possible to homologate 1 chassis per year? I cannot find the exact wording of the paragrph mandating the homolgation.
Obviously in 2011 having different noswecones homologated is allowed again.