Mercedes GP W02

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
siskue2005

Re: Mercedes GP W02

wesley123 wrote:Indeed, as the big Mercedes boss I should be really ashamed already at their performance, but after seeing this I'd expect him to sink in his seat out of shame.

But seriously, how can Mercedes even expect to be taking the WCC or WDC with such quality? even the tried Virgin arrangement was less crude.

I must say, after seeing pictures of the car my guess is that a big deal of the lack of performance comes from building quality like this. Compare it to the Red Bull or McLaren, the body panels fit perfectly, on the merc it just seems to be slammed on in a really crude way.
wow, what an exageration :lol:

siskue2005

there are other reasons why Merc's and Mclaren's exhaust are outside compared o Ferrari's and other teams
its kept outside for cooling purpose

xpensive
xpensive

Just behold those shabby-looking suspension arms and pull-rod, you'd never see that on an RBR, not even on a Williams.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Morteza

siskue2005 wrote:there are other reasons why Merc's and Mclaren's exhaust are outside compared o Ferrari's and other teams
its kept outside for cooling purpose
Does it have sth to do with the engine?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

xpensive wrote:Just behold those shabby-looking suspension arms and pull-rod, you'd never see that on an RBR, not even on a Williams.
Are those parts built by 10 year-old boys? Young talents they are talking about
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

wesley123
wesley123

siskue2005 wrote: wow, what an exageration :lol:
You think?

If they want to go WDC or WCC they sure have to build their cars with better quality. The panel under the rear suspension arms is barely fitting, on the engine cover it is the same too, their chimneys arent much different either and it is even worse when they are covered off.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

munudeges
munudeges

xpensive wrote:What a hairy-arse xhaust arrangement, compare it to the recent image on the Ferrari thread, day and night workmanship-wise.
It's just shocking isn't it? It looks like a rusty exhaust someone has picked up from a scrapyard, extended and then bolted on to the car. The difference between that and Ferrari is incredible..........and Ferrari are currently exasperated about how they're going to start winning themselves.

There's clearly no one with obsessive compulsive disorder within that team. I can understand people being a bit depressed in their jobs and not giving 100% because that's life, but this is Formula 1 for crying out loud. It's a privilege, you're out there to win and your work is being seen by millions.

Like I've said many times, there is something fundamentally and institutionally rotten within that team and it has been like that through the BAR, Honda and now Mercedes days even with countless changes in personnel.

Mr.S
Mr.S

munudeges wrote:
xpensive wrote:What a hairy-arse xhaust arrangement, compare it to the recent image on the Ferrari thread, day and night workmanship-wise.
It's just shocking isn't it? It looks like a rusty exhaust someone has picked up from a scrapyard, extended and then bolted on to the car. The difference between that and Ferrari is incredible..........and Ferrari are currently exasperated about how they're going to start winning themselves.

There's clearly no one with obsessive compulsive disorder within that team. I can understand people being a bit depressed in their jobs and not giving 100% because that's life, but this is Formula 1 for crying out loud. It's a privilege, you're out there to win and your work is being seen by millions.

Like I've said many times, there is something fundamentally and institutionally rotten within that team and it has been like that through the BAR, Honda and now Mercedes days even with countless changes in personnel.

That's why I have been shouting that Merc need some to do some firing before any hiring. HEADS NEED TO ROLL,there needs to be accountability,they are scrambling for excuses rather than looking for wins. If a drinks company like Red Bull could win races in 4 years & make the 2nd quickest car then a automobile giant like Merc who have been associated with racing, as a partner to Mclaren & a premium engine supplier should start winning latest by 3 years.

THEY already have a decent base from that Honda team. They have Brawn who had a lot of success & a fantastic driver line up in Nico-MSC. If this team was hungry for wins they would have had a few wins by now. As long as these bunch of worthless HONDA engineers remain who will --- up every season & come with excuses there is no hope.

Sadly because Merc,MSC-NICO all deserve so much better.

siskue2005

wesley123 wrote:
You think?

If they want to go WDC or WCC they sure have to build their cars with better quality. The panel under the rear suspension arms is barely fitting, on the engine cover it is the same too, their chimneys arent much different either and it is even worse when they are covered off.
i said exageration, which doesnt mean i dont agree with u
what u said has truth but looks like its been blown out of propotion

Mr.S
Mr.S

I dont think they will debut a bagpipe exhaust. I mean 3 different exhaust in a single season??? I was hoping for a lot of different ideas & parts being tested. Ferrari already tested a new front wing for 2012 & will be using the rest of the season for testing for the next year too.

I was hoping Merc would test some stuff,not necessarily any ground breaking potentially amazing stuff. I mean its better to make some tests & be sure than come up with horrible nose cones & Short Wheelbases.

wesley123
wesley123

siskue2005 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
You think?

i said exageration, which doesnt mean i dont agree with u
what u said has truth but looks like its been blown out of propotion
Excuse me, unerstood you a bit wrong there.

Point is, you see pannels not fitting perfectly togehter, such things will never be seen on the Red Bull or McLaren
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Byronrhys

siskue2005

wow, such a thin cord!
what is happeneing with lower element?
its placed to produce lift? never understood that concept...even the Mclearens and ferrari have their lower element's leaing edge placed to produce lift?
anyone can explain plz?

TheWiseOwl
TheWiseOwl

Without the watermark.

marcush.
marcush.

the standards of attention to detail with their car was disappointing already in 2010.
I cannot explain but to me it looks like the design guys had not the time to develop a sound concept before starting to draw...
considering this their performance is quite surprising .