Mercedes GP 2011

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
xpensive
xpensive

Re: Mercedes GP 2011

marcush. wrote:the latest trend is to have a chief technical officer -Newey ,Gascoyne - a tech director and a chief designer .

If Bell is TD ,then Costa is chief technical officer ? or chief designer? Aldo was chief designer with Minardi for a long time before switching to Ferrari in 1997.He only got TD in 2008 there
Wouldn't be a surprise actually, perhaps he has found out, just like Jörg Zander did two years ago, that Ross Brawn still took his former title as TD serious and wanted to make his mark on this and that, like insisting on sticking with the go-kart wheel-base?

Hypothetically, if that would be the case, given the TD is taking his position and accountability seriously, I would leave too.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

wunderkind
wunderkind

Maybe Costa and Bell could complement one another. Mercedes needs all the help they can get.

Is Prodromou coming to the party still?

raymondu999

Huh? When did Prodromou's name come into the mix? And 3 heavy hitters in 1 team? Really?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Morteza

Now there is a rumor that Chris Dyer is joining Mercedes. I mean, come on dude! What's with all theses rumors?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

raymondu999

I'm going to call BS on the bit on Prodromou. Makes no sense to me. And apparently Dimitris Papadopoulo agrees with me
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

Radio 5 reporting that Jock Clear is back for Monza, apparently he's helping a new race engineer learn the ropes.

wunderkind
wunderkind

Morteza wrote:Now there is a rumor that Chris Dyer is joining Mercedes. I mean, come on dude! What's with all theses rumors?
I love it. Mercedes is benefitting from Ferrari's reshuffles.

It's almost like Brawn is getting an old band back together for a gig.

But it's starting to look more and more like there are a lot of Chiefs and not enough Indians at Mercedes..............

raymondu999

You do realise that Costa and Dyer can't join Mercedes right now as they have to wait for their gardening leave to expire?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

xpensive
xpensive

I hear that Nigel Stepney has been seen at a Dunkin' Donuts near Brackley.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

MIKEY_!

This proves it then :lol:

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Costa can start work from the 1st of Jan 2012.

His appointment can be made public if the team chooses. However, my view on Costa joing Mercedes is that he will be playing second fiddle to Bell.
He may even only be present on a consultant basis.

Cue the torrent of abuse directed at Mercedes GP management structure and their woefully inadequate exhaust craftsmanship....
More could have been done.
David Purley

FW17

MIKEY_! wrote:This proves it then :lol:
Did you get some mysterious white powder on your donuts?

dren

WilliamsF1 wrote:
MIKEY_! wrote:This proves it then :lol:
Did you get some mysterious white powder on your donuts?
Beat me to it!
Honda!

munudeges
munudeges

I've no idea what Costa would bring in all honesty. He's used to being a technical director and I don't know what his area of expertise is really so I don't know what he'd be consulting on.

I can't understand the thinking behind any team structure these days I've seen apart from Red Bull. It's very simple, it's very obvious how it works and it's obvious what the skills of those involved are.

donskar
donskar

Costa brings extensive experience doing much with little (Minardi), experience holding a high-stress key position in a successful team (Ferrari) and -- maybe most important -- is a known quantity to Brawn. IMHO, he'd be a positive addition to M-B.
PS: And he learned from working under one of the best: Rory Byrne
Last edited by donskar on 09 Sep 2011, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill