Mercedes GP 2011

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pierce89

Re: Mercedes GP 2011

Mr.S wrote:
munudeges wrote:
Mr.S wrote:MERCEDES >>>>>>>>>>> RED BULL & MCLAREN.
So, the whole premise of your argument is that you believe that Mercedes is several times greater than teams like Red Bull and McLaren because they're...........MERCEDES?! In capital letters, no less. :?

I think we'll stop right there. :lol:
Mercedes are a premium manufacturer & if they are serious about winning they will be winning.

5 years down the line it will be Ferrari vs Mercedes,two huge automobile giants & factory based teams with their own engines.
These are my two favorite teams and I would love to see them go head to head, but to discard Red Bull and Macca really is crazy.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

MIKEY_!

Can we stop these silly arguments please. I know some of you have a point to prove but I think we owe it to those who want something out of this forum to talk about the team rather than just have a go at each other.

Any valid or useful point is swamped in a sea of pointless personal argument. Stop this please.

raymondu999

Rory Byrne was seen in the paddock in Monza. Has HE been linked to MGP too?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

Maybe Ross Brawn is starting a retirement home

marcush.
marcush.

Byrne is member of the technical working group and as far as I know still a consultant to Ferrari.
Byrne was heavily criticizing Brawn for their double deck difusser interpretation back in 2009..
we just don´t know how deep he is still in the current technology and how much fire is burning in him .As with Michael some of it can be reignited but he will surely think long and deep before considering something like that.

But then :what to do with all those who are already in place ? Reunite Costa with Byrne and fill in Bell for Brawn ? Sure ross could join Norby at the track taking Iphone pictures and the board would scratch their head why they pay him 2ok (or whatever is his retainer ) per month doing that...
Last edited by marcush. on 12 Sep 2011, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.

munudeges
munudeges

I don't think Byrne would have any trouble with how things have moved on in Formula 1, but the question is whether he would want to. He's made it pretty clear that he wanted to take a backseat and doesn't want to put in the hours that he didwhen he joined from 1997. I'm sure Ferrari have asked the question of him but from the structure they've come up with the answer seems to be 'no'.

xpensive
xpensive

Whatever Haug & Braun AG are cooking up, I'm afraid it might be a little too late when my gut-feel tells me that Daimler won't take another season without winning, something which would surprise me greatly if it happened next year.

When the W03 design is surely past the point of no return since quite some time, how could it possibly help to have people like Costa, Prodromou or even Byrne around?

I also believe that this uncertainty for 2013, is the reason for McLaren not having decided on their 2014 power yet.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

raymondu999

Costa apparently IS going to MGP; Prodromou and Byrne are just hot air unfortunately (I mean not them as designers, I mean the rumors of them at MGP)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

xpensive wrote:Whatever Haug & Braun AG are cooking up, I'm afraid it might be a little too late when my gut-feel tells me that Daimler won't take another season without winning, something which would surprise me greatly if it happened next year.

When the W03 design is surely past the point of no return since quite some time, how could it possibly help to have people like Costa, Prodromou or even Byrne around?

I also believe that this uncertainty for 2013, is the reason for McLaren not having decided on their 2014 power yet.
Zetsche has already spoken out that MGP is not performing good enough for Mercedes as a company ,even if MGP is fullfilling their role in terms of marketing showing presence in the pinnacle of motorsports.
So basically if W03 does not fly from the very first race Brawn ,Haug ,Fry ,Bell in fact the whole first and second row can start looking for new jobs.I had expected this already this year when it became clear W02 will not even challenge for podiums but that half wonder by Rosberg saved their butts.

raymondu999

For what it's worth, Zander has just signed for HRT
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hemsy
Hemsy

Guys any info on the W03? Quite a lot of info on Ferrari's 2012 challenger has started to emerge and was wondering if there is any as regards to Merc. God how I wish Bell would give just one interview or mention just a few lines on the how preparations are going for next season. That would go a long way in calming a a lot of people on this board including myself.

MIKEY_!

X is right we need to stop throwing about comments like that. This is a forum about the team and not what we think of each other. I'm not saying don't think "o he's so stupid" for example, but lets keep that off forum please and have some respect.

marcush.
marcush.

sorry the writing is on the door ..Mercedes has underperformed ..the Boss himself has spoken out after long time.
Clearly this is an indicator of new milestones set and consequences if those are not met.In other words :It will not be enough Ross explaining why it did not pan out.He will have to clean his desk.
X has drawn up a more extreme picture ,but guys don´t you look at the stock exchange?
we are on the verge of having another crisis ,it could be not happening ,it could be tomorrow or next year .BMW toyota and Honda were quicker out than you could read those three names and in case of lack of success this is what will happen when the going gets tough.

MIKEY_!

We could face an even more diminished grid this time round. HRT don't have much money even now. You never know quite where sauber stand, Renault never has much money as far as i know and of course MGP is a sitting duck cause of under performing. :cry:

munudeges
munudeges

xpensive wrote:When the W03 design is surely past the point of no return since quite some time, how could it possibly help to have people like Costa, Prodromou or even Byrne around?
The W03 will surely be yet another direction change in development under the current regulations, as the W02 was from the W01, and that can't be good. You just make it less likely that you can catch up and move forwards compared to the teams who have just kept building on their previous work.

On top of that you've got a new technical director coming into the team where that will surely create interference with and questions from the current TD. I can see this turning into the same mess as we saw with Honda and Willis exiting, as well as Gascoyne jumping into the water from Toyota.
Well, they need to do something soon. Red Bull have already made sure they tied Renault down.